Dr. Kevin Spencer, MD

Dr. Kevin Spencer, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Kevin P. Spencer, MD specializes in Family Medicine. He cares for school age children and adults in his practice. He believes prevention, wellness, and sports exams are critical in assessing a person's health risks and strategizing towards their health goals. He manages risk factors like hypertension, diabetes, and high cholesterol with high proven standards to prevent early disease. He is available to see urgent complaints on a same day basis. My aim is to be a true partner with my patients. I provide personalized care hallmarked by intently listening to them. This allows me to met their needs and expectations and then arrive at correct conclusions in diagnosis and management decisions. At Premier Family Physicians, we are committed to serving our patients. We utilize technology in a prudent and private way to offer services like appointment reminders, secure electronic communication with your doctor, and educational tools. We give focused attention to making the entire patient experience excellent both in the delivery of their care, but also, in their interaction with our excellent staff. "I believe that good medical care comes from a partnership between patient and physician. Every patient is different and I strive to tailor each relationship accordingly. My goal is to give you all of the information, and help you to understand your diagnosis and overall health. I believe that knowledge is a good thing ( although some home internet research can be a bit scary). Everything is open for discussion and we can make decisions together to treat any conditions you may have and prevent future illness. I enjoy caring for people of all ages- from small children to geriatrics. I see men and women. I have a particular interest in preventive medicine and one of my favorite things to do is help patients improve their health and get off of medication."

Dr. Spencer has been in practice since 1997. He is married to Barrie and has 2 children. He enjoys reading, hiking, coaching sports, time with family, and exercising.

Dr. Spencer's Experience

See how Dr. Spencer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Spencer

Dr. Spencer accepts 20 insurance carriers

Dr. Spencer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Spencer to family and friends
    Dr. Spencer's Performance
    in Dripping Springs, tx |
    Went to see Dr. Spencer for first time and was more than impressed with him and his staff. I got there about 15 minutes early and was shocked that I didn't have to wait. In fact I think they took me in before my appointment. Dr. Spencer was well prepared, in fact he had reviewed my file before me seeing him. Again, after vising with him for the first time and getting down to the visit he was more than courteous and professional.. I'm so excited I have finally found a doctor that I can depend on
    in Austin, TX |
    My appointment was 3:40 pm. I checked in 3:35, and waited for 15 min, a nurse called me in. She measured my height and weight. Like a robot. she led me to a small room, measured my pulse and blood pressure, and told me to wait. I waited 10 min, 20 min, 30 minutes, No one came to check on me. I have to call Dr.'s office, to ask what is going on... another 15 minutes, Dr. finally show up. Am I the only one having such bad experience? are they always treat patients like a garbage can?
    in Austin, TX |
    Kevin Spencer has been my primary care doctor for 15 years. He is excellent in that role. When there are concerns outside his areas of expertise, he refers to a specialist. After surgery a few years ago, I was put on some pretty potent pain relievers. When I expressed concern about becoming dependent on them, he looked me straight in the eye and said confidently, "Not on my watch." I'll never forget those four words. I knew he would take care of me.
    Have you seen Dr. Kevin Spencer, MD?
    Are you Dr. Spencer?

Dr. Spencer says...

Dr. Spencer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Spencer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
    •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Spencer has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Spencer's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

Dr. Spencer does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Spencer and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University Of Texas Medical School At Houston

Graduated in 1994

Carolinas Medical Center

Completed in 1997

Murray State University

Graduated in 1990

Dr. Spencer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Spencer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Spencer does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Spencer and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.