Dr. Kevin Somai, MD

Internal MedicineMaleAge 39

Dr. Kevin Somai, MD is a Internal Medicine Specialist in Port Charlotte, FL. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Somai to book an appointment.

Dr. Somai

Millennium Physician Group

2315 Aaron St Port Charlotte, FL 33952
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Internal Medicine Specialists

Compare Dr. Somai with our nearby Internal Medicine Specialists at Fawcett Memorial Hospital.

Make an appointment at Fawcett Memorial Hospital today at (941) 500-9903.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Fawcett Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Somai's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Somai

4.1

Dr. Somai?
  • Explained conditions well (33)
  • Listened & answered questions (33)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (33)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (7)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (6)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (6)
Dr Somai listens to your concerns, asks questions and gathers extensive information. He then follows up with required blood work.At your next appointment this is all very clearly explained.Ailments that I have been told were due to my increasing age were suddenly manageable with appropriate medication. Thanks to his expertise I feel better than I have felt in years. Dr Somai personifies everything you would hope to find in a good Doctor.
Patricia Watson – Jun 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Somai for about 2 1/2 years. I loved and trusted my doctor of 20 years from back north, never thought I would find anyone I would feel the same way about, never mind in this short amount of time. Dr Somai is comfortable to talk to, listens to you, remembers from visit to visit your conversations. He looked at me on one my first visits, after asking lots and lots of questions, knew he had or should change some of my medication. He discussed his thoughts with me and lots of baby steps, lots of visits, lots of patience he has me on the correct medication. I consider Dr Somai My Person!
Eileen Beaulieu – Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
I had tried two different doctors when I first moved to Florida and was very unhappy with the part time attitude. I found Dr Kevin Somai through my insurance company and thought I would give him a try. I went to see him and was immediately glad I did. Dr Somai spent a great deal of time learning about my history and my health care goals. He sent me for lab work and has spent hours talking with me about ways to improve not only my current health but my lifestyle choices that will improve my health for years to come. I value his opinions. I know I can count on him to answer my calls. I know that he has my best interests at heart. Dr Kevin Somai has proven to me that he is a full time doctor who is interested in a long term relationship with my health. I highly recommend him to all my friends and family. He has been a great find for me and I feel like I have finally found someone I can confide in and trust.
Traci Creighton – Dec 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
Very thorough in testing and explaining results clearly. Diagnosed and treated a problem I have had for years that was never identified properly. It is now being treated properly and I really can tell the difference. I really appreciate this doctor.
Beverly Thompson – Sep 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
I cant say enough great things about Dr. Somai. Ive never felt better in my life! He really cares about you and your health.It takes time and testing to figure out your problems. With a diet change and proper medications you will be happy with the results, and your quality of life is going to improve.
Joel – Aug 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
As a nurse for more than 20 years and a patient with complex medical issues, I know a good doctor when I encounter one. Dr. Somai is not just good: he is excellent at what he does. He listens, responds with genuine compassion and honesty. I appreciate his ability to drill down to the heart of the problem and follow up with relentless pursuit of treatment. I am most grateful to have found Dr. Somai.
ShannonCoffey – Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
Dr. Somai is truly a life changing doctor. He is compassionate, caring, and really takes his time with you. I believe he is one of the rare doctors that truly is in this profession to help people. In my experience, he has changed my life. I would recommend anyone go see him. My husband also sees him, and he also says the same things about him. He just takes the time to do what is right by the patient. It seems like a real vocation for him. If you want a kind, caring, amazing doctor who is up to date with all things medical CHOOSE Dr. Somai.
Catherine C – Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
I CALLED FOR AN APPOINTMENT DURING CRISIS FOR EVERYONE AND WAS GIVEN AN APPOINTMENT THE NEXT DAY, THEREAFTER I RECEIVED A CALL FROM THE NURSE ASSISTANT TO TELL ME THAT THE DOCTOR STATED TO GO TO ANOTHER FACILITY AND SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR, IN THE MEAN TIME WHY WOULD YOU SEND ME TO ANOTHER FACILITY WHEN YOU ARE MY PRIMARY DOCTOR, THIS SHOW YOU DON'T WANT TO RISK YOURSELF, WHEN IN FACT I NEVER SAID I HAD ANYTHINK BAD GOING ON. YOU ARE MY PRIMARY. ANOTHER TIME I HAD AN ISSUE AND HE TOLD ME THAT ANY DOCTOR WILL RED FLAG ME IF I CONTINUE TO GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM. I TOLD HIM THAT THE EMERGENCY ROOM DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY PAIN MEDICINE AND THAT I AM IN PAIN. WHY WOULD I BE RED FLAGGED IF I DONT EVEN LIKE TAKING ANY MEDICINE. I HAVE A FULL TIME JOB, AND A FLORIDA LICENSE PROFESSIONAL THERE WAS NO NEED FOR THAT COMON. I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS DOCTOR. HE ALSO REFERRED ME TO A NEUROSURGENT BECAUSE HE COULDNT READ MY MRI, WHAT TYPE OF DOCTOR DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO READ OR SEE WHATS GOING ON WITH BODY.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
Apr 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
We have been seeing Dr. Somai for over 2 years and we absolutely love him! He genuinely cares about your concerns and well being. My husband was so sick when he first started seeing him. After some testing, he was properly diagnosed and now is doing so much better. I started seeing him as well as our daughter. If you are looking for a primary care physician, go see him, you will not be disappointed!
Caroline – Dec 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
Dr. Somai is the best doctor I have ever visited. Have been with him a year and a half and have since recommended 5 other people to use him. I went in with a myriad of issues that were affecting my daily life. First plus, he didn't throw a ton of medication at me. He is a very kind and caring person, he isn't happy with you feeling better, he wants you to actually be better. Because of this, there were a lot of tests. More than I expected, and for areas that seemed odd for my symptoms. What I have learned, is everything is connected and there is a reason he wanted them. He takes the time to explain everything. When you visit him, you dont feel like the next in a revolving door, he takes time to learn about you as a person. Once initial tests were done, went on a few medications to handle immediate issues. From day one, he said the goal was to not stay on them, it was temporary. Year later, I am off of everything and the healthiest and happiest I've been. Go see this man!!!
Trevor – Nov 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
He is the best Doctor I have had in many years. Always focused on Quality of Life and guiding/helping me to be as physically fit as possible. He has genuine concern with regards to my health and is very caring. I cannot say enough good things about this Doctor.
Terrence Moran – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
Dr. Somai has improved my Quality of Life since I have been his patient. He is very caring and in my situation was available 24/7 should I require his consultation. He is a caring Doctor and I cannot thank enough for his dedication and concern over my health.
Pauline M. – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
Moved to area and dr somai listen to me about my shortness of breath which others stated was copd. Dr somai looked into it further to find out I was very anemic and after several months of b12 and iron my breathing has improved 1000 percent. Will refer him to all my friends.
Best doctor ever – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
Dr. Somai is through, and being a fairly new doctor, has a good knowledge of current issues, medications, and techniques that I appreciate. There is nothing worse than being treated with outdated methods just because that’s what a doctor is comfortable. There is no such thing as running too many test or follow up appointments. As a cancer survivor, I appreciate the extra care when medication changed or blood work indicates a change not that is not not normal. Build a connection with Dr. Somai and you will find a dedicated medical professional that will do what needs to be done for a better and healthier you.
Nov 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
Quack with a capital Q. Went in with bad knees, everything else good, no other complaints. He ordered lab work and xrays, hmmm, I COULD BARELY WALK, knees on fire middle of the night. Serous situation!!! After waiting 10 painful days went back in “blood work good” you could use to loose a few few pounds”. Next he ordered more bloodwork to check for food allergies, KNEES!!! Even though my old doc was more than an hour away and no longer on my insurance I scheduled an appointment. Cost me $94 cash pay, cortisone shots. 90% better in an hour. I mentioned the food allergy test, he silently rolled his eyes and shook his head as in oh brother, he gets paid for spewing that BS. 20 hours after the shots, a little sore but I made it to the AM bathroom without holding onto the walls. What I would do to have gotten these shots 4 months ago. Not malpractice, but pretty close in my mind. Me and my insurance company deserves a full refund and this guy should be delivering pizzas.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
David Coombe – Nov 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
Set up my daughter mother and me all on same meds went on line and several others same situation
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Sep 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
Started off well but makes you get blood work before every visit and won’t refill prescriptions unless you see him. I miss read my appointment time and even though he had time to see me he wouldnt and I’ve been out of a med yo can’t just stop. Was treated rudely
Sep 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
I feel very blessed to end up having him as my doctor. He has turned out to be better than all of the doctors I have ever had. He is easy to understand. He is also patient, kind and honest. You know that he knows what he's talking about in reagrds to health because he keeps himself in great shape.
Apr 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
Dr, Somai replaced my Doctor that left suddenly. On the second visit after many tests he found out that I have several autoimmune issues, a bleeding ulcer, very low levels of important hormones etc. Sometimes things happen for a reason and I am so glad that I was able to be seen by this Doctor that knows his profession thoroughly. He may come across as unfriendly but it is only because he is concentrating on his job. I highly recommend him & thank him for finally helping me with my issues.
Renee Plant in PUNTA GORDA – Dec 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?
I was fortunate to have Dr.Somai as my Dr. in Ormond and then luckily found him again in Orange City. He is very caring and compassionate and was able to pinpoint my diagnosis and start me on the right path. He has changed my life for the positive and sad that there are horrible rumors out there about him.
Ormond, FL – May 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Somai, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Somai?

Telemedicine/Telehealth appointments available including New Patient appointments - please contact the office.

• French