Dr. Kevin Shea, MD

Dr. Kevin Shea, MD

Sports Medicine  ·
Dr. Kevin Shea, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Farmington, CT and has been practicing for 37 years. He graduated from University Of Michigan Medical School in 1982 and specializes in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery.Read his story

263 Farmington Ave

Farmington, CT 06032

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check if Dr. Shea treats your condition or procedure

• Spina Bifida
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Systemic Sclerosis

"Dr. Kevin Shea is a professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at UConn Health. He has served as a team physician for the Hartford Whalers professional ice hockey team, the UConn varsity athletic teams, Trinity College, and for several local...

• Sports Medicine

3.8

Dr. Shea?
Dr. Shea's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kevin Shea, MD
Friendly staff and knowledgeable, meticulous surgent. He got me back to 100% quickly and being past 50 I'm just not healing as fast as I use to. The rotator and bicep surgery got me back to 100% inside of 4 months. I can't be happier with the entire process... Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Shea, MD?
I have never been treated so rudely by a doctor. I was in tears after my appointment. I believe the disparity in reviews is because he discriminates against average women. Don't see him if you're not an athlete. Although the staff was nice and scheduling was good, I'm rating one star in every category so as not to skew the final rating. Heeding his advice caused me six extra weeks of pain until I saw a doctor who cared.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Shea, MD?
Dr. Shea is phenomenal from any point of view. Explanations, warnings, forecasts, he does everything for you to understand all pros and cons of your possible procedure and its consequence, so that your decision would be the most educated one. After 14 months of very complex repair of full rotator cuff tears, my shoulder works and feels as 50 years ago (no push ups though).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Shea, MD?
Dr. Shea performed medial meniscus surgery on my right knee in February of 2018. Everything has went exactly has he told me it would. Most importantly, I had issues with insurance not wanting to cover the surgery. Dr. Shea worked very hard for me to make sure the surgery did happen. Everyone at Dr. Shea's office was a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Dr. Shea and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Shea, MD?
Dr Shea has treated me twice over the years for problems resulting from severe osteoarthritis. He explains what the problem is and ways to resolve it. He is very thorough in his evaluation.. He is personable and never condescending. I now have full range of motion and am pain-free following a shoulder replacement and a rotator cuff repair on the same shoulder. I have and continue to highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Shea, MD?
Have had Dr. Shea perform two shoulder surgeries and couldn't be more satisfied. First a rotator cuff repair and then an AC joint procedure. He takes the time to explain his diagnosis, procedure and follow-up. I now have nearly complete range of motion after only 4 weeks after the last surgery. I expect complete recovery in a few more weeks. Dr. Shea's support team is first rate. Always friendly, professional and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Dr. Shea.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Shea, MD?
Dr. Shea is very knowledgeable in his field. He takes the the time make sure you understand all your options as far as your treatment goes. I highly recommend him to anyone suffering shoulder and knee problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Shea, MD?
I had rotator cuff surgery on December 16, 2016, performed by Dr Shea of UCONN Musculoskeletal Institute. The horror stories I heard from friends about this procedure had me laid up 6 months to a year. My surgery went very well and with time and physical therapy, I was 85% back with full range of motion and good strength in 10 weeks. My experience at the UCONN Health Center was excellent and I have no complaints which speaks for itself because I hate everybody. Thanks for a job well done
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Shea, MD?
I was told by my orthopaedic doctor, that Dr. Kevin Shea was the best shoulder doctor in Connecticut. I saw Dr. Shea in July and he felt that surgery would really help me. He wanted to know what I wanted from the surgery. I told him I wanted to be able to do things my way without help. Now, I have mobility I didn't have prior to the surgery and its wonderful. I would recommend him as one of the best if not the best shoulder doctor in Connecticut. Thank you Dr. Shea for everything.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Shea, MD?
He's my favorite an all around great Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Shea, MD?
I am IN AWE of Dr. Shea - and his staff. They are punctual to a fault. They spend whatever time you need with you. And they are friendly and VERY supportive. Dr. Shea himself is a master. I had a total shoulder replacement 4-7-16. Two weeks later, my physical therapist could not believe what shape my shoulder was in. He even bragged about me - and Dr. Shea - all over the department. I continue to make an astonishing recovery. I am in Dr. Shea's debt - I have my life back!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Shea, MD?
I was recommended to Dr. Shea by my original Orthepaedic. While telling me he was the best, he warned me I might hear contrary opinions, but they were not true. In 3 years I have had 5 surgeries by Dr. Shea, and he is the BEST! I had a complicated shoulder that for no fault of the good Dr. was not responsive to the repairs. But through many discussions with Dr. Shea, we pursued the next step. Finally the Reverse Replacement has the answer! I highly recommend Dr. Shea!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Shea, MD?
I can't understand some of the the bad reviews about Dr.Shea. Dr. She did a reverse shoulder replacement and I was not the perfect candidate for surgery (according to another Orthopaedic Surgeon,). Dr. Shea came very highly recommended by others and my regular Dr. said that Dr. Shea was the best. My surgery went great. His bedside manner and each of my follow up appointments were all excellent. He has a great personality and he is very forth coming on my surgery and my recovery.
One word, phenomenal!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Shea, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shea?

Insurance accepted

Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Shea treats patients.

John Dempsey Hospital