Dr. Kevin Shea, MD

Dr. Kevin Shea, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Dr. Kevin Shea is a professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at UConn Health. He has served as a team physician for the Hartford Whalers professional ice hockey team, the UConn varsity athletic teams, Trinity College, and for several local high schools. Dr. Shea teaches orthopaedic physical therapy at the University of Hartford and UConn at Storrs. He specializes in the treatment of shoulder and knee problems.

Dr. Shea's Experience

See how Dr. Shea's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shea

Dr. Shea accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shea has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shea's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shea to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Shea's Performance
Waterbury, CT |
Dr. Shea is very knowledgeable in his field. He takes the the time make sure you understand all your options as far as your treatment goes. I highly recommend him to anyone suffering shoulder and knee problems.
in Cheshire, CT |
I had rotator cuff surgery on December 16, 2016, performed by Dr Shea of UCONN Musculoskeletal Institute. The horror stories I heard from friends about this procedure had me laid up 6 months to a year. My surgery went very well and with time and physical therapy, I was 85% back with full range of motion and good strength in 10 weeks. My experience at the UCONN Health Center was excellent and I have no complaints which speaks for itself because I hate everybody. Thanks for a job well done
in Simsbury, CT |
I was told by my orthopaedic doctor, that Dr. Kevin Shea was the best shoulder doctor in Connecticut. I saw Dr. Shea in July and he felt that surgery would really help me. He wanted to know what I wanted from the surgery. I told him I wanted to be able to do things my way without help. Now, I have mobility I didn't have prior to the surgery and its wonderful. I would recommend him as one of the best if not the best shoulder doctor in Connecticut. Thank you Dr. Shea for everything.
Bloomfield, CT |
He's my favorite an all around great Dr.
in Sharon, CT |
I am IN AWE of Dr. Shea - and his staff. They are punctual to a fault. They spend whatever time you need with you. And they are friendly and VERY supportive. Dr. Shea himself is a master. I had a total shoulder replacement 4-7-16. Two weeks later, my physical therapist could not believe what shape my shoulder was in. He even bragged about me - and Dr. Shea - all over the department. I continue to make an astonishing recovery. I am in Dr. Shea's debt - I have my life back!
in Granby, CT |
I was recommended to Dr. Shea by my original Orthepaedic. While telling me he was the best, he warned me I might hear contrary opinions, but they were not true. In 3 years I have had 5 surgeries by Dr. Shea, and he is the BEST! I had a complicated shoulder that for no fault of the good Dr. was not responsive to the repairs. But through many discussions with Dr. Shea, we pursued the next step. Finally the Reverse Replacement has the answer! I highly recommend Dr. Shea!
in Bristol, CT |
I can't understand some of the the bad reviews about Dr.Shea. Dr. She did a reverse shoulder replacement and I was not the perfect candidate for surgery (according to another Orthopaedic Surgeon,). Dr. Shea came very highly recommended by others and my regular Dr. said that Dr. Shea was the best. My surgery went great. His bedside manner and each of my follow up appointments were all excellent. He has a great personality and he is very forth coming on my surgery and my recovery.
in Windsor, Ct. |
One word, phenomenal!!!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Shea, MD?
Are you Dr. Shea?

Compare Dr. Shea

}

Dr. Shea says...

Dr. Shea's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Shea has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shea's Board Certifications

University Of Michigan Medical School

Graduated in 1982

University Hospital Of Cleveland
    University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine

Dr. Shea does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shea and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine