Dr. Kevin R. Scott, MD

Dr. Kevin R. Scott, MD

Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery | Male | 57 years old

I became a doctor because I truly enjoy helping people. My medical training prepared me for the scientific aspect, but I believe there s more to being an outstanding physician than anything you ll find in books. That s why I strive to make my patients feel comfortable in a friendly atmosphere and provide them with all the latest medical advances.Read more

Dr. Scott's Experience

See how Dr. Scott's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Scott

Dr. Scott accepts 3 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Scott has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Scott's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Scott to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Scott
Dr. Scott's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (28)
in Springfield, VA |
Dr. Scott is an excellent surgeon. He was recommended by my ophthalmologist, for upper eyelid surgery previous to having cataracts removed. Some of my friends have also had an excellent experience with his practice. My procedure was successful, painless & uncomplicated, with results surpassing my expectations. Dr. Scott's staff are friendly, professional, knowledgeable and make sure their patients are well informed. It's a pleasure to recommend Dr. Scott and, by the way, he's a great guy!
in Manassas, VA |
Dr. Scott performed reconstructive surgery on my lower eyelid in May 2016. A tumor was removed and the lower eyelid and area surrounding it had to be reconstructed and skin taken from one spot and transferred to another. Dr. Scott did an awesome job! My eye had to be sewn shut for 2 1/2 months; however, it was all worth it. My eye was opened late July 2016 and works perfectly well. My eye is healed and I can see perfectly and it looks good also. I highly recommend Dr. Kevin Scott.
in Wincheser, VA |
Outstanding, compassionate , I was nervous, about having eyelid surgery, but after my first visit with Dr. Scott, I felt comfortable in knowing he was very experienced and he genuinely loved what he does, the whole experience with Dr. Scott and his excellent staff was wonderful ,and the final results were outstanding. I would highly recommend him, with no reservations.
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Scott and his staff were amazing. I was recommended to him by not only my current eye doctor but a doctor I had close to 15 years ago I am currently 29 and have had glasses since the age of 2). His experience, knowledge, and overall compassion made the decision easy to move forward with. His staff assisted me with being new to Kaiser Permanente and let me know the best way to proceed if I was approved for the procedure. Once I was approved, the process was so quick and easy. Thank you!
in Ashburn, VA |
Had two procedures, ptosis and blepharoplasty five months apart as my vision was affected by both due to the heavy sagging eyelid. He was recommended to me by my regular ophthalmologist who said that he was one of the best eye surgeon in the area and I have to agree. I found him to be a very caring and thorough in explaining the procedure and what to expect after the procedure. I'm really glad that it was him who did my eye. Kudos also to his staff who were all very friendly during my visits.
in Falls Church, VA |
I wanted to have my upper eyelids raised slightly, and to have extra folds of eyelid skin tightened. Also, I wanted to have the bags beneath my eyes removed. The office staff is very friendly and professional. Dr. Scott presents a very friendly and understanding demeanor, and helped me understand the possible procedures available, and what options might be best for me. He seemed much better than two other surgeons whom I interviewed.
Washington, DC |
At a follow-up apt abt blepharoplasty surgery, I asked Dr. Scott q?s as I thought he'd be offended or think I wasn?t taking the matter seriously. I asked abt dry eye, recovery time, need for resurfacing, botox - when Dr. Scott turned to me and asked if I would accept going blind. Taken aback, I hesitated. Dr. Scott immediately said b/c I wouldn't accept going blind, he wouldn't take me as a patient (PERIOD). I thought he didn't like me and wanted me to leave, but he said to continue asking q's
in Arlington, VA |
From the minute I met Dr. Scott, I knew he would be the 'best' Dr. EVER! I never felt rushed. He explained every detail and procedures for the Muscle and Upper Eyelid Surgery (a year later). To ensure the surgery goes well, the procedures are performed in a Hospital setting. I feel so fortunate to have been referred to him by another Doctor. The Office does other procedures (no more surgeries!). I'm scheduling couple more visits for other issues. I have 100+ % confidence in Dr. Scott!
Centreville, VA |
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Scott- start to finish. He is professional, thorough and kind. Dr. Scott explained the surgical procedure, potential complications, healing process and realistic expectations. He closed every conversation by asking if he had answered all of my questions. I did not feel rushed. I am very happy with the surgical results.
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr Scott is just The Best! My entire experience from the moment I entered his waiting room, to the moment I checked out with office staff an A+ I had upper eyelid surgery and he removed the lower fat pockets and resurfaced the skin. Two months post op, I look great, so natural and rested. Dr. Scott is just Excellent and His care is exceptional!
in Ashburn, VA |
I love Dr Scott! He did great on my upper and lower eyelids and I love the feedback that I get from people! I highly recommend Dr Scott!
Have you seen Dr. Kevin R. Scott, MD?
Are you Dr. Scott?

Compare Dr. Scott

Dr. Scott's Care Philosophy

Dr. Scott's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Scott has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Scott's Board Certifications

• Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes

Completed in 1989

Bascom Palmer Eye Institute

Completed in 1991

• Russian

Dr. Scott does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scott and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery