Dr. Kevin Rutz, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Orthopedic Specialists 2325 Dougherty Ferry Rd Ste 100 Saint Louis, MO 63122 Get Directions
Dr. Kevin Rutz, MD
Dr. Kevin Rutz, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Saint Louis, MO. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Rutz is affiliated with Des Peres Hospital.

Dr. Rutz's Experience

See how Dr. Rutz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rutz

Dr. Rutz accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Rutz is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Rutz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rutz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rutz to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Rutz's Performance
in St Louis, MO |
Excellent doctor, a truly gifted surgeon who gave me my life back.
This doctor has two options for treating disc pain, surgery or other surgery. Wait times are awful and the staff is not helpful.
in New Melle mo |
AWESOME! 2nd spinal fusion. He is a tremendous doctor who knows what he is doing. He is the best doctor for back issues. I recommend him to anyone.
in Gerald, MO |
Dr. Kevin D Rutz is in my opinion an absolutely marvelous Doctor. I am 80 years young and after walking in constant pain (7-9) level and bent over following a botched open back surgery in 2015 by another unnamed Doctor, after 4 to 5 hour surgery by DOCTOR KEVIN D. RUTZ, and a one night stay in Des Peres Hospital, I WAS ABLE TO STAND FULLY ERECT. My recovery continues at home but the pain is minimal. GOD BLESS THIS MAN AND HIS STAFF.
Farmington, MO |
I had constant pain going down my shoulder and arm due to a neck injury. I saw Dr Rutz because of personal friends who recommended him. He performed the surgery by using a bone in my neck to relieve the pressure on the nerve. I woke without pain and have had no pain for years. I would definitely go back to him if I needed orthopedic surgery on my back.
in Godfrey il |
If u like waiting for about two hours this doctors for you
in St. Louis, MO |
After years of back pain and trying every non-surgical option out there, it became apparent I needed surgery. I researched many doctors and visited 2 (both of which left me unimpressed) before seeing Dr. Rutz. Dr. R and his entire staff were amazing! They were very professional, curtious, and thorough and unlike many other doctors, Dr. R was happy to answer all my questions/concerns without rushing me along. I had surgery 2 weeks ago and feel like a new person. Can't say enough good things!
in St Louis, MO |
I am currently a patient of Dr Rutz 's for recurrent disc herniation issues at L3-4 & L4-5. Unfortunately, he recommended a fusion on those levels. Even after I informed him that I wasn't willing to go through with a fusion, he still spent a lot of time with me discussing lumbar TDR's & other Dr's that perform them in the area. You could tell he genuinely wanted what's best for me even if he couldn't perform it. Only complaint is wait times, but I still think he's better than most orthos.
in Saint Louis, MO |
I made an appointment showed up on time, waited over an hour and then was told there was two people ahead of me. I had to leave to take my son to his therapy appt They called back to reschedule and they were incredibly rude. I was told they were, being nice by trying to reschedule. Really? You're not the only game in town. Unfortunately, my son's therapy schedule is hectic. I don't have an hour or 2 to sit in a waiting room. Still, I don't have these scheduling problems with other doctors
in anniston, mo |
Awesome doctor. He found my problem when other doctors said there was none. He even personally waited with me personally, in preop until my husband got there.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Rutz, MD?
Are you Dr. Rutz?

Compare Dr. Rutz

Dr. Rutz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Missouri not available

Dr. Rutz has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rutz's Board Certifications

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Baylor University

Graduated in 1997

So Il University School Of Med
    Orthopedics Indianapolis

Dr. Rutz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rutz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection