Dr. Kevin Passer, MD

Dr. Kevin Passer, MD

Addiction Medicine | Male

I believe in the Bio-Psycho-Social treatment model in determining the best care and treatment for my patients. That means I explore the Biological, Psychological and Social aspects of a person's problems. In doing so, I must spend a great deal of time with my patients so I can best understand them and can therefore, provide the most definitive treatment available for the patient's underlying problems. I make myself available to my patients for any phone calls which may be needed for their care, even during evenings, weekends and holidays. I understand that my patients may have problems outside of normal business hours and I think it is very important to be available for my patients for those times when the clinic is closed. I will personally call back patients and speak with them myself, as I think this is the best way to effectively address any issues or concerns.

Dr. Kevin M. Passer, M.D. is a Fellow of The American Psychiatric Association which means, he has successfully passed all of his board exams and has received recommendations from the members of board to be advanced to the highest level of certification, which is known as a Fellow by the credentialing organization.

Dr. Passer's Experience

See how Dr. Passer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Passer

Dr. Passer accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Passer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Passer to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Passer Says:

Dr. Passer's Performance
Dr. Passer is a great doctor. He really tries his best to help me. He makes sure you are really doing good not just saying that. I feel good talking because he does listen very good. His whole clinic is really good. He makes difference in my life.
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Kevin Passer is by far the most knowledgeable, understanding, and caring doctor I have ever been a patient of. I was a patient of his for over 4 years. I would recommend Dr. Passer to my children, my family, and to whomever is reading this. I have a dual diagnosis and he worked with me to get on the right combination of meds and because of this I was able to get a college degree and I am almost finished wit my masters in counseling psychology. I am telling you, give him a try. AB
in Oak Grove, MS |
I do wonder if anyone ever reads this, but I needed to recommend Dr Passer as being knowledgeable and caring. He listens. He can figure out what you need. I am glad I found him. He doesn't take insurance, so thats the only main drawback, but it is so worth it conpared to others I have seen before. I am 59 years old and I bet Ive seen over 14 doctors beginning when I was 9 and thats why I like doctor Passer the best. He is respectful and his staff is great too.
in Hattiesburg, MS |
I like Dr. Passer a lot. I just started seeing him a few months ago, and he has helped me so much already. I cannot thank him enough. Thanks Dr. Passer for caring about me.
Dr. P is amazing!
in Diberville, ms |
Very intelligent , polite, honest and thorough... I don't usually write reviews but he's very good and I would highly recommend...
in Hattiesburg, MS |
I like this doctor. He lays it on the table which is good with me. Also smart as all git out!
Hattiesburg, MS |
Would not recommend! He told me that he did not want any hard cases. He is only in it to take money,
in Prentiss, Mississippi |
Dr. Passer is respectful and respected. He truly cares for me as a patient and has helped me tremendously. He helped me get off drugs and then figured out I had panic attacks. Now I take a non-addictive pill at bedtime and I am essential anxiety free. I feel like Dr. Passer has helped me to just be normal and to have the life I was meant to have all along.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Passer, MD?
Are you Dr. Passer?

Compare Dr. Passer

Dr. Passer says...

Dr. Kevin M. Passer, M.D. is a Fellow of The American Psychiatric Association which means, he has successfully passed all of his board exams and has received recommendations from the members of board to be advanced to the highest level of certification, which is known as a Fellow by the credentialing organization.

Dr. Passer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Passer says...

Dr. Kevin Passer is a National Mentor for The Physicians Clinic Support System, which is a division of The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration, under The Department of Health and Human Services. As one of about 70 National Mentors, Dr. Passer helps teach other physicians in the best and safest practices for prescribing the medication buprenorphine (Suboxone) in the treatment of Opiate Use Disorder. As such, Dr. Passer and his staff employ only the most up to date, safest and most effective treatments for all patients suffering from Opiate (Pain pill) Addiction.

Dr. Passer says...

I'm a Johns Hopkins Trained, Board Certified Medical Doctor. I am a Fellow of The American Psychiatric Association. I am Board Certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, General-Adult Psychiatry and Addictionology. I try my best to treat all patients with kindness and respect. I do not judge my patients for the problems that they have. I am committed to helping my patients in any way I can, in order for them to live normal, healthy lives with a minimum amount of distress and suffering.

I believe that my patient's time is valuable and so, we do not "over book" our patients. As such, we strive to have our patients wait the least amount of time possible for appointments at our clinic.

We believe that we are working for you!

Kevin M. Passer, M.D.

Dr. Passer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Addiction Medicine
  •  Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry
  •  Malpractice claims in Mississippi not available

Dr. Passer has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

Why It Matters: Dr. Passer's Board Certifications

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Acute Behavioral Diseases
  • Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Adult Panic Anxiety Syndrome
  • Alcohol Withdrawal
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Asperger Syndrome
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Behavioral Symptoms After Sustaining Brain Injuries
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bipolar I Disorder
  • Bipolar II Disorder
  • Childhood-Onset Bipolar Disorder
  • Chronic Pain
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Disruptive Behavior Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Mood and Adjustment Disorder
  • Nicotine Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opiate Dependence
  • Panic Disorder
  • Panic Disorder With Agorapobia
  • Panic Disorder Without Agorapobia
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Johns Hopkins University / School of Medicine

Completed in 1990

University of Kansas

Graduated in 1979

Dr. Passer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Passer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Addiction Medicine

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Management
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavior Therapy
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Diet Counseling
  • Drug Testing
  • Drug Treatment
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Life Coaching