Dr. Kevin M. Passer, MD

Dr. Kevin M. Passer, MD

Addiction Medicine | Male

Learn about this Doctor

I believe in the Bio-Psycho-Social treatment model in determining the best care and treatment for my patients. That means I explore the Biological, Psychological and Social aspects of a person's problems. In doing so, I must spend a great deal of time with my patients so I can best understand them and can therefore, provide the most definitive treatment available for the patient's underlying problems. I make myself available to my patients for any phone calls which may be needed for their care, even during evenings, weekends and holidays. I understand that my patients may have problems outside of normal business hours and I think it is very important to be available for my patients for those times when the clinic is closed. I will personally call back patients and speak with them myself, as I think this is the best way to effectively address any issues or concerns.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Passer's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Passer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Passer

Dr. Passer accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Passer's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Passer to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Passer
Dr. Passer's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (27)
Dr. Kevin M. Passer, MD says

I'm a Johns Hopkins Trained, Board Certified Medical Doctor. I am a Fellow of The American Psychiatric Association. I am Board Certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, General-Adult Psychiatry and Addictionology. I try my best to treat all patients with kindness and respect. I do not judge my patients for the problems that they have. I am committed to helping my patients in any way I can, in order for them to live normal, healthy lives with a minimum amount of distress and suffering.

I believe that my patient's time is valuable and so, we do not "over book" our patients. As such, we strive to have our patients wait the least amount of time possible for appointments at our clinic.

We believe that we are working for you!

Kevin M. Passer, M.D.

in Hattiesburg, MS |
Dr. P is amazing!
in Diberville, ms |
Very intelligent , polite, honest and thorough... I don't usually write reviews but he's very good and I would highly recommend...
in Hattiesburg, MS |
I like this doctor. He lays it on the table which is good with me. Also smart as all git out!
in Columbia, MS |
I have seen Dr. Passer twice now. He has already helped me more than any other doctor ever has. I am 58 years old and started seeing Psychiatrists since I was 18. I read the last review, where someone said, Dr. Passer only wants to take the patient's money. I am sure he was just trying to be nice, instead of telling that patient, that he or she is just difficult to get along with. I know, my case is not at all easy to manage, yet, I have been treated only with respect by Dr Passer and his staff.
Hattiesburg, MS |
Would not recommend! He told me that he did not want any hard cases. He is only in it to take money,
in Prentiss, Mississippi |
Dr. Passer is respectful and respected. He truly cares for me as a patient and has helped me tremendously. He helped me get off drugs and then figured out I had panic attacks. Now I take a non-addictive pill at bedtime and I am essential anxiety free. I feel like Dr. Passer has helped me to just be normal and to have the life I was meant to have all along.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin M. Passer, MD?

Compare Dr. Passer

Why It Matters: Dr. Passer's Board Certifications

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

Dr. Passer says..

Dr. Kevin Passer is a National Mentor for The Physicians Clinic Support System, which is a division of The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration, under The Department of Health and Human Services. As one of about 70 National Mentors, Dr. Passer helps teach other physicians in the best and safest practices for prescribing the medication buprenorphine (Suboxone) in the treatment of Opiate Use Disorder. As such, Dr. Passer and his staff employ only the most up to date, safest and most effective treatments for all patients suffering from Opiate (Pain pill) Addiction.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Acute Behavioral Diseases
  • Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Adult Panic Anxiety Syndrome
  • Alcohol Withdrawal
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Asperger Syndrome
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Behavioral Symptoms After Sustaining Brain Injuries
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bipolar I Disorder
  • Bipolar II Disorder
  • Childhood-Onset Bipolar Disorder
  • Chronic Pain
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Disruptive Behavior Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Mood Disorders
  • Nicotine Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opiate Dependence
  • Panic Disorder
  • Panic Disorder With Agorapobia
  • Panic Disorder Without Agorapobia
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Management
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavior Therapy
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Diet Counseling
  • Drug Testing
  • Drug Treatment
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Life Coaching
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management
  • Weight Loss Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

University of Kansas / School of Medicine

Johns Hopkins University / School of Medicine

Completed in 1990

University of Kansas

Graduated in 1979

Dr. Passer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Passer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Passer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Passer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Addiction Medicine
  • Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry
  • Malpractice claims in Mississippi not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Passer

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Passer's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Passer

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Passer says...

Dr. Kevin M. Passer, M.D. is a Fellow of The American Psychiatric Association which means, he has successfully passed all of his board exams and has received recommendations from the members of board to be advanced to the highest level of certification, which is known as a Fellow by the credentialing organization.

Dr. Passer's Care Philosophy

I believe in the Bio-Psycho-Social treatment model in determining the best care and treatment for my patients. That means I explore the Biological, Psychological and Social aspects of a person's problems. In doing so, I must spend a great deal of time with my patients so I can best understand them and can therefore, provide the most definitive treatment available for the patient's underlying problems. I make myself available to my patients for any phone calls which may be needed for their care, even during evenings, weekends and holidays. I understand that my patients may have problems outside of normal business hours and I think it is very important to be available for my patients for those times when the clinic is closed. I will personally call back patients and speak with them myself, as I think this is the best way to effectively address any issues or concerns.

Dr. Passer says...

We believe that we are working for you!

Kevin M. Passer, M.D.