Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Kevin O'Neill, MD
Dr. O'Neill has dedicated his career to the surgical treatment of spine disorders, and is passionate about providing patients the best possible outcomes. Dr. O'Neill with work you to understand your condition and offer you the most up to date treatment options.

8450 Northwest Blvd

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Indiana
  • CorVel
  • Encore

Learn about Dr. O'Neill

Dr. O'Neill works with patients to understand the problem and find the best possible treatment for every spine condition. He takes time to explain the condition, and the treatment options that are available. Surgery is only recommended when Dr. O'Neill is confident that it will improve symptoms, based on the most up to date medical literature. Dr. O'Neill does everything possible to make sure that each patient has a great outcome. When possible, minimally invasive and motion preserving procedures are considered. Dr. O'Neill offers patients the best possible results by providing exceptional treatment at a world-class medical facility.

For more information, visit www.oneillspinesurgery.com.

Dr. O'Neill's Experience

Dr. O'Neill's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Degenerative Scoliosis
  • Kyphosis
  • Lordosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Complex Spine Surgery
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spinal Tumor Surgery
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Mit
  • Vanderbilt U/Vanderbilt Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Washington University, St Louis
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. O'Neill has no media or publications listed.

Dr. O'Neill does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. O'Neill and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. O'Neill's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. O'Neill to family and friends
4.4
Dr. O'Neill Says:

Thank you for your time in completing and viewing these surveys. Dr. O'Neill strives to not only provide exceptional care by making the best recommendations for treatment, but also to provide an outstanding care experience for every patient. If you have any concerns over your treatment, please contact Dr. O'Neill or his office so that every effort can be made to alleviate the problem.

Dr. O'Neill's Performance
in CLEVELAND , TN |
Dr. O'Neill I can't thank you enough for the surgery on September 1,2014 I had a terrible car accident and I needed back surgery at Vanderbilt Hospital and I wanted to tell you I'm moving around because I was going to be paralyzed from waist down and you repaired my sciatic nerve and I get to at least move on my own. Thanks to you I have a better life and I can feel stinging still,but I can move and I have been bending over to pick things from the floor and I'm stronger because of you . Thanks!
in Bloomington, IN |
Dr. O'Neill is first-rate at every aspect of medicine: he actually listens to the patient, responds to questions or concerns, is an excellent surgeon who did a wonderful job reconstructing a collapsed section of my spine, and kept scarring to a minimum. From the start, I knew I was in kindly, professional, extremely capable hands. Surgical follow up is just as thorough, and I can't overstate how carefully Dr. O'Neill has managed my surgeries and recovery.
in Bedford, Indiana |
We went to Dr. O'Neill for a second opinion, & are so very thankful that we did!! I've never seen a physician so attentive to detail and also kind!! We would recommend him to everyone!! In fact, we do, my husband and I both carry his cards and hand them out if someone is thinking about back surgery. (I just gave one out at WalMart over the weekend) He didn't give us unrealistic expectations, but also recommended less surgery than the other neurosurgeon. My husband is doing GREAT!!
in Carmel, IN |
Absolutely wonderful physician. I had emergent surgery in August 2016, and Dr. O'Neill was so patient with my family and myself it was incredible. Dr. O'Neill answered all questions with proper wording so that everyone understood his responses. Dr. O'Neill also did not mind repeating himself if questions were repetitive. The moment I met Dr. O'Neill I knew that he was a capable physician for the surgery I was scheduled for. St.Vincent Hospital 86th street-awesome Staff.
in Cedar Grove, TN |
Dr O'neill is an excellent surgeon and a very compassionate person. I saw him in TN and I wish he wouldn't have moved. He even came to see me in the rehab center after my surgery to check on me. I would definitely go back to him!
in Johnson City, TN |
Dr ONeill did a spinal fusion T4 to S 1, May 26, 2015. Prior to surgery I was in horrific pain, I was bent forward as well as to my right side. Today 11 months post op my pain level has gone from an constant 8 to a 4. I am able to walk without the use of a cane, which I couldn't walk without one. Dr O'Neill's made me feel relaxed from the moment I met him to the last time I saw him.
in Bardwell, KY |
Dr. O'neil is not only knowledgeable, but is also very skilled in what he does! With the amount of scoliosis I had I was amazed how straight my back is now and how much better my back feels now after having surgery! He spent more time with me explaining procedures, my actual surgery and my recovery than any other doctor I've ever had. His level of compassion and understanding is phenomenal!
in Nashville, TN |
He is the most knowledgeable and understanding Dr. I have ever been to. He brought me from a 15 minute window of standing to full mobility. I now do strength training classes 3 days a week and I am able to do everyday activities without pain. He is awesome in my book.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin O'Neill, MD?
Are you Dr. O'Neill?

• Medicare
    Special Needs Plan SNP
  • POMCO Group
  • Sagamore Health Network
  • Southern Indiana Health Organization (SIHO)
    TriCare for Life