Dr. Kevin Nash, MD

Dr. Kevin Nash, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Kevin Nash, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Auburn, AL. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 9 years.

1935 E Glenn Ave # 101

Auburn, AL 36830

• Health Net

Learn about Dr. Nash

See how frequently Dr. Nash performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Seborrheic Dermatitis
Benign Tumor
Cold Sore

Dr. Nash's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Nash "I utilize both the knowledge and expertise I have gained during my training in academic research as well as residency to diagnose and treat some of the more rare and challenging dermatologic conditions as well as provide the most up to date therapies for common dermatologic conditions from acne and psoriasis to lupus and chronic urticaria. I place a strong emphasis on patient education and enjoy collaborating with other physicians when complex care coordination is required."

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Sclerosis Et Atrophicus
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Morphea

• Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Excisional Biopsy
  • Mohs Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University Of Massachusetts Amherst
  • University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Penn State Coll Med, Hershey Med Ctr
    Other Education | Completed 2000

Dr. Nash has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nash does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nash and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nash's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nash to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Nash Says:

Joe in Auburn,

This matter has been addressed and resolved with the patient. Thanks for your feedback.

Dr. Nash's Performance
Auburn, Al |
Dr. Nash and his staff are so amazing!! Excellent patient care!
in Auburn, AL |
I feel so regretful when I come here. I visted Dr Nash office on may 17th with a hope that my acne will be cured. I cannot believe that after two months my acne is getting worse and infected. I don't think dr. Nash take a good care of me. He looks in rush all the time. Waiting for near an hour with appointment and 5 minutes talking with him. He gave me descriptions included medication and face cream. But after two months my skin now is getting more acne on all of my face( forehead, cheeks).
in Cowan Heights, Ca |
I enjoyed my visit with Dr. Nash and his staff. Very knowledgeable and well educated dermatologist. I am from California and visiting our Lake home and need to see a dermatologist; I was able to get an appointment the same day I called. (The only negative was the long wait. Due, I believe, to lots of new patients.)
Auburn, AL |
I visited Dr. Nash for the first time today. I am an adult who has struggled with horrible acne for years, and I finally got fed up with it and decided to get help. Dr. Nash and his staff were incredibly friendly, funny, and caring. They clearly explained my treatment options, and answered all my questions. I'm super excited to finally solve my acne problem for good. I will update this after I've given medications time to work.
in Valley, AL |
Dr Kevin Nash is the BEST dermatologist I have ever been to. He even diagnosed my autoimmune disease when my rheumatologist couldn't!! I honestly don't know what I'd do if he moved far away. I am treated with kindness, respect and humor but with absolute professionalism! I wouldn't go to anyone else but Dr Nash. He always makes me feel special and respected. I always leave with a clear understanding of what's going one with my health. Thanks, Dr Nash and excellent staff, for all you do.
in Opelika, AL |
I am highly impressed with Dr. Nash. I came to Dr. Nash with hopes to end my acne once and for all. I felt like I wasn't being listened to by other dermatologists but Dr. Nash was listening to me. I followed up with him and enjoyed his bedside manner and the joking around. Not everyone is personal but he is. I followed Dr. Nash to his new practice and I'm extremely glad I did. I"ll be a patient of his for the rest of my life; thanks for leaving to start your own practice!!
in Auburn, AL |
Dr. Nash is a gifted and skilled dermatologist, with a superb medical education. He is entirely professional and has great "bedside manner." He takes the time to listen and answer any and all questions. I had absolutely no discomfort during the biopsy, the surgical procedure, or following either. The outcome could not have been better. It is the best patient-physician experience I have had. I am trained in public health.
in Opelika,Al |
I first saw Dr. Nash regarding a generalized redness around my joints (referred by Dr. Abrams, my Internal Medicine Dr.) last January. He studied my rash, went over my medical history, confidently explained to me most likely I had Psoriasis and not to worry. He quickly and Painlessly did a biopsy! I went back a week later, had my stitches removed with the confirmed diagnosis. Dr. Nash prescribed a cream and 2 weeks later it was gone. He was so personable and gentle! I highly recommend Dr. Nash!
Auburn, GA |
Dr Nash was very professional and friendly. He took care of the issue quickly.
Alexander City, AL |
Sooo glad Dr Nash quit that large conglomeration out of Florida. They didn't have a clue. We travel over 40 miles to see Dr Nash...that's how comfortable we are with him and his staff.
in Auburn, AL |
After years of feeling ignored about my skin issues, the first time I met Dr. Nash we did a biopsy on my problems, followed by a diagnosis and treatment that has improved my life greatly. Dr. Nash now has his own practice, and there was no question to me that I would follow him. He has wonderful bedside manner - very personable and friendly. He really listens when you speak, and doesn't make you feel stupid about any concerns you have. I intend to be his patient for as long as he is practicing!
in Auburn, AL |
I have found Dr. Nash to be an excellent dermatologist. He listens carefully to my issue then explains his diagnosis and proposed treatment and prognosis. Following our conversation, I am free to determine a course of action. Thus far, he has successfully treated every problem I have presented to him. I will follow him to his private practice on Champions Boulevard beginning in January 2017.
in Opelika, AL |
Took my 23mo daughter to Dr. Nash in regards to a rash on her back. He looked at it, said, "that's just eczema; she needs topical steroids." He knows that she doesn't respond well to TS because she broke out in Perioral Dermatitis the first time we used TS at 4mo. He didn't swab & test it or anything. I took her to our GP the next day & he swabbed it & it was staph infection!! Steroids don't cure staph. How about be thorough & actually know what you're dealing with before prescribing meds.
in Auburn, AL |
I was so excited to find a dermatologist that I trust in the Auburn area. I have recommended him to several friends and coworkers who are also very pleased with Dr Nash.
Auburn, AL |
I brought my daughter in because I was told Doctor Nash would be able to help my daughter with the scar on her inner thigh. My daughter is a lefty and uses her inner thigh when she plays soccer. She struggles with the scar itching and pain when using her inner thigh to stop the ball . Doctor Nash has been a blessing my daughter can once again play the sport that she loves without the discomfort of her scar. Thanks so much Doctor Nash!!!!!!
in Auburn, AL |
I saw Dr. Nash for a squamous cell carcinoma that was found by my primary care physician. I was very nervous about having 'skin cancer'. Dr. Nash was very reassuring and put my mind at ease during that first visit! He and his nurse were very professional and thorough. He explained everything to me in terms I could understand, and after the treatments, the cancer was gone! That type of cancer can return in different spots, and if it does, I will definitely go back to Dr. Nash, no hesitation!
in Auburn |
He is dismissive and rude. I did not appreciate glances to the assistant during my appointment. I went to this dr for help not to be belittled. Plus he talks about you outside the door. No professionalism at all!
in Auburn |
Exam was rushed. He hardly addressed my concerns. They coded the insurance wrong / didn't do what they billed insurance for to get more money. He was nice to my face but as soon as he shut the door, started talking about me to the assistant. Made me uncomfortable.
in Auburn, AL |
Terrible attitudes from the entrance to the exit.. dismissed them as having a rough day at first but was shocked to hear nurses right outside my door about how they "hate patients like that" (referring to me as I was the only one in a consult room at the time, presenting the broblem that I had self assessed) calling me a know it all, and get this-- DISCUSSING HOW BAD MY BREATH apparently WAS saying that I needed a stick of gum to one another right outside my door. Awful experience. I was uncomfo
Auburn, AL |
The office staff consistently does not follow through with necessary procedures. When you call to speak to the office you are actually speaking to a call center in Florida. It has taken me more than 15 minutes to reschedule an appointment on 2 different occasions.
in Valley, AL |
He "sprayed" TWO SECONDS to freeze off and age spot (that I pointed out) and charged my insurance an astronomical amount by coding it as a skin cancer removal!!! My part was $198.00 for that (in addition to the exam charge). Plus he was not thorough, just wanted to rush me out. I now go to Lane Dermatology in Columbus and Dr. Tanda Lane is GREAT!!! Call her.
in Valley, AL |
I went in for a skin cancer exam (previously had basal cell carcinoma) and I felt like he only halfway looked at me. I take it very seriously that I didn't get a good exam. He argued with me over a skin condition I've been treated my whole life for and had to ask the assistant what one of my Rosacea meds was. What bothered me the most was when he left the room, he said something as soon as he shut the door and him & the assistant both laughed. I'm almost positive it was something about me. RUDE!
in Alexander City, AL |
Dr. Nash is both a medical Dr, and a PhD. His style is very low key, but friendly. I mostly see him for fillers and botox, but I wouldn't hesitate to see him for any kind of skin issues. His office staff is very friendly and helpful. I referred a number of people to him.
in Auburn, AL |
He is nice, but he gave me his concerns with a follow up positive finish with every area that he pointed out - without ever truly explaining in detail the situation. I have been completely dissatisfied with the efforts in contacting me back after I have left three messages and an email for the last three days. No one at the office has contacted me when that is all I am asking for at the moment. I was originally told that my lab work would be back within a day and 3 days later - No contact.
Auburn, AL |
I am extremely disappointed with my experience. Dr. Nash spent less than 5 mins to do a full body exam looking for potential cancerous spots. I left thinking I wasted my time and will need to see someone else! Of course I received a bill 4 weeks later charging me astronomical amounts for things that were not done or did not have any affect. I will have to see another dermatologist to make sure I dont have any skin cancer.
in Auburn, AL |
Dr. Nash was incredible, he took the time to explain in detail each concern I had with my skin. My diagnosis required a few different prescriptions, and his assistant was patient and friendly. She wrote out the instructions Dr. Nash had just given, and had very professional responses to all my questions that arose once the doctor had left the room. It is never fun going to a specialist, but the reassurance I received from Dr. Nash and his staff made the process much easier
Auburn, AL |
Dr is great, but staff is severely lacking empathy for their patients. Takes over two weeks for a referral.
in Wedowee, AL |
DR NASH MISDIAGNOSED ME. HE AND HIS MALE ASSISTANT REFUSED TO BELIEVE MY COMPLAINTS AND WERE RUDE AND DISMISSIVE. I SAW ANOTHER DERMATOLOGIST IN OXFORD WHO DID BELIEVE ME AND TREATED ME WITH A MASSIVE DOSE OF IVERMECTIN. MY SKIN IS NOW NORMAL AGAIN. DR NASH HAD PRESCRIBED AN ANTIPSYCHOTIC AND TOLD ME IF I REFUSED TO TAKE IT HE COULD NOT HELP ME AND HAD OTHER PATIENTS TO SEE. DO NOT SEE HIM IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING UNUSUAL BECAUSE HE WILL NOT INVESTIGATE IT. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DR.
in Auburn, AL |
Dr. Nash is a nice guy. But his group, Dermatology Specialists of Alabama or whatever they call themselves, will send your biopsies to out-of-network pathologists without telling you, then send you the bill. They also have locations in Florida, including the main hub in Panama City, which confuses Blue Cross into believing the entire business is located there, adding to payment confusion. In short, stay away.
in Auburn AL |
Dr. Nash does a very thorough exam and found a potentially problematic mole that he removed it asap. He also noted swelling in my legs and feet. I sought treatment from a cardiologist. He's an excellent doctor that cares about his patients. Highly recommend him to others
in Opelika, AL |
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE DR. NASH! WHAT I DO NOT LIKE IS HIS HELP. THEY ARE VERY POOR MANNERED AND HAVE NO PERSONALITY AT ALL. THEY GET AN ATTITUDE ABOUT EVERYTHING, AND I HATE GOING TO MY APPOINTMENT BECAUSE I KNOW IM GOING TO COME OUT ILL. THE RECEPTIONISTS ARE ALSO VERY POOR. DR. NASH KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING, AND I APPRECIATE HIM, JUST NOT HIS EMPLOYEES.
in Dadeville, AL |
He is so easy to talk to. He is very professional and certainly seems to know his business. I was extremely pleased with the surgery he performed on me for melanoma.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Nash, MD?
Are you Dr. Nash?