Dr. Kevin P. Kunkel, MD

Dr. Kevin P. Kunkel, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male | 40 years old

27 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

I have had the privilege of working at St. Francis for several years, being part of a team that has helped thousands of patients. I perform all aspects of plastic and reconstructive surgery on both the adult and pediatric population. My office has had the privilege of being involved in the Press-Ganey patient randomize mandatory 30 question survey on patient reviews from the beginning of my practice and we have scored 5/5 stars every year with mid ninety percent pt satisfaction that puts our team in the top one percent of the over a thousand plastic surgeons in the survey. It should come to no surprise that the only way to accurately asses myself, or any physician, is to set up an appointment and meet us personally. If can not help you in your situation, I will pledge to find someone who can.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Kunkel's Experience

See how Dr. Kunkel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kunkel

Dr. Kunkel accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kunkel has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kunkel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kunkel to family and friends
3.5
Experience with Dr. Kunkel
Dr. Kunkel's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (25)
in Tulsa,ok |
Dr. Kunkel came highly recommended by anesthesiologists, nurses and hospital staff who have worked with him in the O.R and at bedside. He also was the plastic surgeon who operated on my mother in-law after a horrific accident. I can vouch for his skills. I had many consultations with other surgeons, but after doing some research and meeting with him and his nurse i felt very comfortable. My surgery is scheduled and I can't wait for the results.
Joplin, MO |
Did not even try to do his job.
Owasso, OK |
I had a breast reduction from him and my breast are flat, low and uneven. He said he only got paid $800. from my insurance as if thats why he did such a poor job. Don't use him, please!!!
I am an employed physician with Warren Clinic at St. Francis. I do not receive insurance payment from surgeries, I am basically a salaried employee. I do not know how much the reimbursement is for any procedure, nor would I ever say that to a patient. Please take any reviews, good or bad, found on this website or others with a grain a salt. The best way to truly know about a physician is through word of mouth by other patients or set up an appointment.
in Broken Arrow, OK |
Horrible experience with him covering on call for Dr. Berry. My nice needed pain medication after a seven-hour facial surgery for multiple broken bones and my sister could not get him to call back to get her pain medicine called in. And when he did he was rude and didn't even look to see that she needed liquid because her jaw was wired shut.
As of 2 years ago, physicians are no longer allowed to call in narcotic pain medications over the phone. We have to give a hard copy directly to the patient. I routinely give narcotic pain med pills to patients who have there mouth wired shut, because depending on your insurance coverage, liquid narcotics can be several hundred dollars for a Rx and can be hard to find a pharmacy that carries them. The pill form of most narcotic can be much cheaper, more available and many can be crushed.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin P. Kunkel, MD?

Compare Dr. Kunkel

Dr. Kunkel says...

I am married to a wonder wife, who cares for our amazing 4 children. We live in the Bixby area and have the opportunity to have goats, peacocks, guineas, chickens, dogs and a duck who thinks he is a dog.   I am a early riser, like to stay in shape, but will never say no to any desserts that our patients bring, for which we are very grateful of.  I am also actively involved on staff at Foundations Church. I love what I do, I know that this is my calling.  I am a constant learner, getting to know and to be taught by my patients and surrounding staff is one of my favorite aspects of my job.

Dr. Kunkel's Care Philosophy

I have had the privilege of working at St. Francis for several years, being part of a team that has helped thousands of patients.  I perform all aspects of plastic and reconstructive surgery on both the adult and pediatric population.  My office has had the privilege of being involved in the Press-Ganey patient randomize mandatory 30 question survey on patient reviews from the beginning of my practice and we have scored 5/5 stars every year with mid ninety percent  pt satisfaction that puts our team in the top one percent of the over a thousand plastic surgeons in the survey.  It should come to no surprise that the only way to accurately asses myself, or any physician, is to set up an appointment and meet us personally.  If can not help you in your situation, I will pledge to find someone who can.

Dr. Kunkel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Plastic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available

Dr. Kunkel has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kunkel's Board Certifications

• Dentofacial Anomalies
  • Gynecomastia
  • Hidradenitis
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Kunkel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kunkel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery