Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD

Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD

Ophthalmology  ·

Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Elmhurst, IL and has been practicing for 27 years. He specializes in ophthalmology.

Kovach Eye Institute

152 N Addison Ave

Elmhurst, IL 60126

• Priority Health

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Kovach's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Tear Duct Disorders
  • Ulcer
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

I strive to provide the finest eye care in the Chicago area with an approach that demonstrates respect for patients' needs and dignity as individuals. We believe patients' needs come first and foremost.

• Ophthalmology

2.4

Dr. Kovach?
Dr. Kovach's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD
I was referred to Dr Kovach many years ago and have always found him kind and compassionate. He performed surgery on me that exceeded my wildest imagination regarding the quality of vision I could have ever hoped for. His staff is the most professional and considerate of patients compared to any other doctor’s office in which I have ever been a patient. He uses only the finest quality equipment and I would never think to see any other eye doctor besides Dr Kovach. I hope he practices forever!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD?
If I can give this guy 0 stars I would! He is a liar.Unnecessary surgeries done to the eyes. Said I have glaucoma , turns out I don’t have it! Said I had cataract , don’t have it enough to have a procedure done! He just wants $. He doesn’t have time for your concerns. Rolls his eyes and is very unprofessional. He doesn’t have time to sit and explain anything! He just wants your money! What a shame! RUN from this doctor!! You will be doing yourself a BIG favor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD?
I’ve been with Dr. K for 20 years. He’s very professional and despite what other reviews have said he always takes his time, answers my questions and what are the risks for different procedures. I’d highly recommend Kovach Institute.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD?
To those complaining about wait, you may be that patient, someday, with a medical emergency requiring extra time for complex exam/diagnosis. I was referred by my optometrist due to sudden vision loss in 1 eye. Dr. K used every piece of equipment in office to confirm my eye was NOT the issue; a serious neurological medical condition was diagnosed at my next stop - the hospital ER. I was an uninsured CASH patient and I know Dr. K performed MANY tests at no charge to me that day. Forever grateful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD?
I waited for 6 months to post this review, just to be fair and take all the needed time for my eye lids to heal completely. RUN, do not walk, away from this provider. Nerve damage in my eyelids, left eye doesn't close properly, lumps in my eyelid from the lack of skill and care of this doctor. This is an eye mill that is in it soley for the purpose of making money. Concerns fell on deaf ears, as he had other patients waiting on the table and couldn't answer ??'s. Find a skilled surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD?
Although Dr. Kovach is excellent and has great equipment, he does not allow enough time for scheduling and is always behind. Make sure to bring magazines and expect to be in waiting room for an hour or so
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD?
I went to see Dr. Kovach for a routine diabetic eye exam.. Office disorganized and staff non welcoming. Dr. Kovach hurried thru appointment. had no time for my questions and concerns. Didn't even close the exam room door before my exam, never washed his hands before greeting me. I am a nurse and patient and this is NOT the care anyone should receive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD?
Poor bedside manner. Continually brushes off my concerns and vision remains at zero improvement,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD?
I have seen Dr. Kovach for the last 2 years. I had both eyes cataracts removed. I later developed secondary cataracts for which Dr. Kovach removed as well. My left eye had a huge floater that was annoying to me and he removed that. The doctor is very good and personable. You can talk to him about any eye issues and get satisfying answers to your questions. Some of the visits you can be in and out within an hour. Other visits, depending on procedure, take longer, 2 to 3 hrs. Plan ahead
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD?
I would not recommend Dr Kovach to my enemies. He had an assistant explain the various implants/prices. He scheduled my 2 cataract surgeries after talking to me for 15 min. I didn't have time to think. He was pushing the Crystalens implant. For that one I paid $4000 per eye out-of-pocket to see far, intermediate, and close. WOW - sounded great! I can't see close in either eye; have a contact in my right eye to create mono-vision; using readers; after 2 years the distance is getting better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD?
He performed LASIK. He was nice but busy. 1yr follow up. Told everythings fine though I had an issue of dry eye in 1 eye. Went home and my both eyes swelled up and itching. Called for help and they wanted my health ins. info. I could barely see so I said no. My appt fee was covered in initial LASIK cost. Told I will be called back. The next day I had to call again. Main concern my ins. info. Then I get ins bill? I am told due to my diagnosis?! I'm told scary news ask him to call 2 months nothing
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kovach, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kovach?

Insurance accepted

Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
Preferred PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kovach treats patients.