Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO

Family Medicine ·  Male · Age 37

Dr. Kotar

Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO is a family medicine specialist in Bethel Park, PA and has been practicing for 7 years. He graduated from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2009 and specializes in family medicine and osteopathic manipulative therapy.

Make an appointment

Dr. Kotar accepts

Dr. Kotar accepts the following insurance:

Cigna-HealthSpring
Managed Care
Tricare
UPMC
UPMC Health Plan

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if Dr. Kotar treats your condition or procedure

• Pneumonia
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Vaccination
  • Well Baby Care

Dr. Kotar focuses on providing primary care services for newborns, children, adolescents, teens, adults, and seniors. His special interests include wellness, fitness, preventative care, and the use of medical technology.

• Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy

4.4

Dr. Kotar?
Dr. Kotar's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO
I switched from a PCP of over 20 years to Dr. Kotar a year ago. I have found him to be very caring, listens to my concerns, and explains things in terms that I understand. He remembers things I tell him about my family and always asks about them. Dr. Kotar cares about all of me, not just my physical health, because he knows it all connects. And he even knows which specialists are with my insurance! That's unheard of! I HAVE recommended him to others!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO?
Dr Kotar is a wonderful physician. He is personal, pleasant and very knowledgeable. I have had other PCP's in the past and I believe he has far surpassed them in terms of comprehensive and quality care! If you want an outstanding physician who provides excellent care....go to Dr Kotar….you will be in good hands and you won't be disappointed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO?
I have had Dr Kotar as my PCP since 2013. He is the best PCP I’ve ever had and I’m 68 years old. He is thorough, he listens, he remembers, he follows up often making personal phone calls. He does not hesitate to order additional testing or refer me to a specialist so I would think it is a rare instance when someone feels they’ve not had proper attention or care. I have recommended him to family and friends and they, too, like him very much.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO?
I chose this practice based on other reviews here, but my experience has been very disappointing. Doctor has what appears to be very strong diagnostic skills but his manner can be condescending and, at times, even dismissive. I left my recent appointment feeling that he doesn't listen closely to my concerns; and one member of the office staff was very rude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO?
Failed to order appropriate tests to detect an infection in spite of my explicit requests for testing, it persisted until I saw a competent doctor. Was condescending and refused to order routine, indicated medications.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO?
Dr Kotar is our family doctor and he’s wonderful. Very happy with him and the whole practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO?
Fantastic doctor. He has helped me in everyway. The only guy I recommend to my family and friends!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO?
I only had 1 visit with Dr. Kotar but I really liked him. He was very easy to talk to, a good listener and didn't seemed rushed. Both he and the office staff assured me that 99% of the time you can be seen that day if you are sick or having a problem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO?
I doubt you will ever find a more concerned Doctor , he takes his time and listens too your needs and addresses them all and a few you might have forgotten . I look forward to my visits there
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO?
I had a great experience with Dr. Kotar, very helpful. I also asked him about a family member and he helped me get assistance for that family member. I would definitely recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO?
I can't say enough great things about Dr. Kotar. I HIGHLY recommend him if you are looking for a PCP. I have relocated frequently and feel extremely fortunate to have found Dr. Kotar in Pittsburgh. He's an incredible listener and thoughtful about creating a plan & path forward with treatment. I have never felt rushed & have always been valued as a patient. I trust Dr. Kotar so much that I am now taking my infant to him, so the whole family is in 1 practice. Fantastic doctor & friendly staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO?
I chose Dr. Kotar because I previously had good experiences with DOs. At first, I was very happy with him, as he was friendly and seemed to listen. However, after a few visits and a consult with a specialist, he began to tell me that my issues were either in my head or were related to stress. Meanwhile, I was chronically ill and consistently losing weight. Turns out I have severe food allergies and IBS. Two years later, I am finally healthy, no thanks to Dr. Kotar and his dismissiveness.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO?
Dr. Kotar really listens and I found him easy to talk to. I have only been with his practice for six months, but I feel like he knows me well. His staff is so warm and friendly that I truly enjoy seeing them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Kotar, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Kotar?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kotar treats patients.

Saint Clair Hospital