Dr. Kevin Kosek, MD

Dr. Kevin Kosek, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Male
Insurances Accepted

Dr. Kevin Kosek, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Madison, MS. He has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Kosek is affiliated with University of Mississippi Medical Center and Mississippi Baptist Medical Center.

Eye Group

501 Baptist Dr Ste 220

Madison, MS 39110

Learn about Dr. Kosek

Experience for Dr. Kosek

Gain confidence in your healthcare decisions by comparing quality indicators on our provider profiles: education, board certification, years of practice, patient experience, and now Top Care Areas, which gives frequency in conditions treated or procedures performed. More about finding the right doctor for you

Top Care Areas for Dr. Kosek by Patient Volume

Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)

Dr. Kosek treated this condition for more patients than 96% of his peers nationwide.

Dry Eyes

Dr. Kosek treated this condition for more patients than 82% of his peers nationwide.

high

Glaucoma

Dr. Kosek's volume for this condition ranks within the 73rd percentile in our national data set. This is statistically normal relative to his peers.

Need Other Care?

Discover how Dr. Kosek compares to peers nationwide for your care needs.

?

Where our data comes from - The data you see on providers' Healthgrades profiles comes from both the provider and public sources. The Top Care Areas section uses public data from billing claims that providers submit to insurance companies. That data is filed nationwide on behalf of the provider to either the government or a private health insurance company.

How we evaluate our data - Patient volume is analyzed by provider and compared nationally with all providers who perform the same procedure, or treat the same condition. We organize the volume data in percentile ranking from 'may perform' for the lowest claims volume to 'Very High' for the highest claims volume data. For a given condition or procedure, performance categories are defined based on 80%, 90%, and 95% confidence intervals from the average patient volume for all providers in our database. Providers identified as ‘may perform’ do not have sufficient volume for Healthgrades to create a statistical evaluation.

Are you Dr. Kosek?

Learn more about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• University of Alabama At Birmingham
    Medical School | Graduated 2006

Dr. Kosek has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese

Dr. Kosek does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kosek and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kosek's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kosek to family and friends
Dr. Kosek's Performance
in Brandon, MS |
Dr. Kosek always takes time to answer your questions. He is thorough in his examinations, and when he spots something tells you whether it's something that needs to be addressed or can be ignored.
in Richland, MS |
He is professional and competent. He listens to you.
Philadephia, MS |
Dr. Kosek did cataract surgery on both my eyes and through out the process he was very friendly, courteous, informative, and professional. I would highly recommend him.
in Jackson, MS |
I did have a lot of experience with him. I'm really thankful that he did a good job. I do recommend him to anyone.
in Durant, MS |
Kind, considerate, respectful, gave good advice, can't wait to have cataract surgery!
in Clinton, MS |
Friendly, frank discussion about my vision, allows me to decide about my vision needs
Very caring and considerate of his patients needs. Goes above and beyond to help his patients.
in West Point, MS |
I highly recommend Dr. Kosek! He is smart, professional and caring! His staff is also wonderful!
in Clinton, MS |
Pleasant, knowledgeable, great job on my cataract surgery
in Flowood, MS |
He takes his time and fully explains every aspect of the visit. Very friendly as well.
in Brandon, MS |
The staff was able to make an appointment for me on the same day I called. Dr. Kosek successfully treated an eye infection and answered all my questions. Dr. Kosek is easy to talk to and has an excellent bedside manner.
Van Horn, TX |
listens to me. Explains what he is doing.Enjoy the yearly visit.
in Jackson, MS |
Dr. Kossek always give me the time and attention I need to answer questions. I have physical issues that can affect my vision, and he is very thorough in my examinations. I have recommended him often.
in Brandon,ms |
Great chair side manners. Very thorough
in Ridgeland, MS |
I've been in glasses for over 50 years and have seen many ophthalmologists through the years. Dr. Kosek is by far the best I've seen. Aging has naturally brought more problems and Dr. Kosek's expertise and sheer determination to help me has been excellent. He has gone above and beyond, always patient, friendly, and very kind. I would recommend him with confidence to anyone.
Clinton, MS |
Been seeing Dr Kosek for about 6 years. Great manner. Very knowledgeable. Always have trusted his experience.
in Star Mississippi |
Dr Kosek is very personable.
in Brandon, MS |
Very good, seems to be concerned With good advice. Like bed side mannor
in Florence, MS |
Throughout the entire process of my cataract surgery Dr. Kosik was very efficient and knowledgeable . On every follow-up visit I was in and out very quickly . But what I liked most about him is that he listened very closely to the patient and was very sensitive to the patients needs . Also the assisting staff was very good .
Sevierville, TN |
Great patient interaction, very good attenrion to detail
in Madison, MS |
Dr Kosek always takes the time for a thorough exam and explains each procedure along the way with an upbeat attitude.
in Jackson, MS |
love Doctor Kosek,very professional, I love his bedside manner. I taken cars of. I will be back for my other eye. But I have many other health problems . I have sent other peoples to him.
in Madison, MS |
I got debris in my left eye at 4:00 pm on a Friday afternoon. My established ophthalmologist had closed for the day and had a recorded message telling patients to call another telephone number for emergencies. This phone number turned out to be "The Eye Group" and Dr. Kosek was on duty. He and an office person stayed after working hours to help me. Dr. Koset took a look at the eye, washed it out, and treated it with antibiotic drops. I was grateful to him and his office for the after hours help.
in Florence, MS |
Dr. Kosek is an awesome doctor along with his assistant Kelly. You could not ask for better eye care than what they provide. The entire staff go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The surgical team is extremely caring and comforting. I wouldn't consider going anywhere other than The Eye Group
in Brandon, MS |
Great doctor! Really appreciate his level of care!
in Brandon, MS |
Dr. Kosek is a caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable. Staff is so caring.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Kosek, MD?
Are you Dr. Kosek?