Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation  |
Dr. Kevin Kane, DO
Kevin J. Kane D.O. has worked in Southeast Portland since 1997 after completing a residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. As an osteopath, his orientation is to treat specific problems in the context of the person as a whole. Most of his patients are injured workers. He applies his skills in spinal manipulation, therapeutic stretching and strengthening, and instruction in good body mechanics. He employs medications, supplements, and other modalities such as acupuncture to control pain and restore health. He also uses injections into muscles, joints, or the spine to reduce pain.

Kevin J Kane DO

• Providence Health Plans
  • State Farm
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Kane

As an osteopath I treat specific problems in the context of the person as a whole.

As a physiatrist I recognize disabilities, whether temporary or permanent, as challenges to met as you restore ability to be productive and enjoy life.

This develops a customized treatment plan for each patient.

Dr. Kane's Experience

Dr. Kane's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  • Board certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  • Spine Physiatry

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
    Accredited by: American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation*

• Cervical Disc Degeneration
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Motor Vehicle Accident
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Work-Related Injuries

• Acupuncture
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Interventional Pain Management
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
  • Pain Management
  • Physical Rehabilitation
  • Physical Therapy
  • Therapeutic Massage

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• Wayne State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
  • Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Ingham Med Ctr/Mich State University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Msu College Osteo Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Kane has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kane does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kane and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kane's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kane to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Kane's Performance
in portland, OR |
When I went to see Dr. Kane, I was in so much pain.Two failed back surgeries, one with an infection that almost killed me. both knees have ACL,separations. Both shoulders have rotator cuff separations. After the failed surgery on my back that left me very close to death, I decided no more surgeries. Due to Diabetes and a blood disease, I am susceptible to infection. Thank God for Dr. Kane I came in walking with a cane, hunched over in horrible pain. Nobody seemed to be able to help. After see
Hi John, thank you for your positive review. We're so glad to hear you had a great experience with Dr. Kane. Best wishes and take care!
Portland, OR |
No good for workman's comp appts. Maybe when he's getting paid by a good insurance he might care a little bit more about his patients.
Colton, OR |
Thank you Dr. Kane for giving us hope at the first appointment for my husband! What a kind and caring doctor. He knew exactly what to look for to confirm my husband's back injury. We both were teary because we had found a doctor who cared and gave hope. My husband needed pain relief, he actually received a prescription for pain, along with an anti-inflammatory, where other doctors refused, or only gave us a few days worth. Now my husband can get his injured back to heal without another surgery.
We're very glad to hear you and your husband had a great experience. Take care!
in Portland, OR |
I have been seeing Dr Kane for a few years and he always provides excellent care. He is very knowledgeable and kind and I would definitely recommend him.
Thank you for your positive review, Karen! Take care! -Integrated Rehabilitation, Inc.
in Portland, OR |
Finding Dr. Kevin Kane was the best thing that's happened to me, and my health, in a decade. A decade of chronic pain. I have several arthritic issues. Several bone on bone joints that are extremely painful! Dr. Kane is the most skilled, gentle, and caring physician I have. I require some very tricky injections in my hands, and knees, just to function. He is meticulous in his work and refuses to allow me to suffer! He's a Godsend. I cannot say thanks enough to him, and his warm and caring staff!
Thank you, Keilie for your positive review. We're glad to hear you had a great experience! Best wishes!
in Portland, OR |
When I met Dr. Kane for the first time (after 4 surgeries in 3 yrs)I discussed my problems with him. Dr. Kane looked me directly in my discouraged eyes and with much assurity and with a smile on his face said " Well how bout we get you taken care of and fix these issues you're having." While the likelihood that I'll ever get back to 'full functionality' is minimal at best, he has brought a comfort in my life that keeps me motivated to be OK with my new body. I am have 100% confidence in him.
Milwaukie, OR |
He's been my favorite doctor for awhile now. He's very good at making each of his patients health plan be specifically designed to help that person! Dr. Kane and his co workers have helped me tremendously with a drug addiction.. He likes getting to know you for you! My experience with Dr. Kane is better than any other doctor who has tried to help me, he really loves and enjoys what he does! I'd recommend him to anyone I know!
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Kane, DO?

Visit Dr. Kane