Dr. Kevin Kane, MD

Dr. Kevin Kane, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
I completely enjoyed nearly everything about my orthopedic surgery residency. I was particularly struck by the huge benefit joint replacement offers to patients with end stage arthritis. It amazed me that such a surgery can restore people to productive lives when their arthritis has limited them severely. I believed that I would be able to help many patients by concentrating a portion of my practice on correction and reconstruction for patients with severe knee and hip arthritis. Orthopedic surgery allows us to help people go from having severe disabilities and pain to living full lives again, often in a matter of weeks. It is a remarkably fulfilling experience for me to be part of the healing process. It makes me wonder why all doctors don't want to be orthopedic surgeons Patients are the real reason for my success. I am continually amazed by the perseverance, grace and ability of my patients as they face difficult problems and long recoveries. It is really what makes this career so rewarding. I consider it a privilege to participate in your health care. Kevin Kane, MD

350 Lafayette Ave SE

Grand Rapids, MI 49503

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Kane

See how frequently Dr. Kane performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Disorders
Bone Disorders
Osteoarthritis of Hip

Dr. Kane's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Kane "At RVO, we strive to put the patient first. We give everyone the time they need to discuss problems, and take special care to educate patients about their condition and options for treatment. We strive to ensure all your questions are answered so you understand and have a clear voice in your care."

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Colles' Fracture
  • Distal Radius Fracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture

• Knee Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Total Hip Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Kalamazoo College
  • Grand Rapids Orthopedic Surgery
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • University Of Utah / Total Joint Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Kane has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kane does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kane and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kane's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kane to family and friends
Dr. Kane's Performance
in Byron Center, Mi 49315 |
Dr. Kane was very professional and explained in detail the surgery!
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I would strongly recommend dr Kane.
in Ada, MI |
Dr. Kane has done mulitple surgeries on my husband and I. He is thorough in his consideration of interventions and procedures. He honors each patient by taking the time to get to know and understand patients, then considering individual needs. I would tell any body I know who may need a replacement surgery that Kevin Kane is the best specialist in town.
Grand Rapids, MI |
Absolutely! He came as a recommendation to me. I consulted him for a second opinion for knee replacements. I brought a list of questions along with my concerns and fears. His answers were not about Dr. Kane but how we could work together as a team to accomplish my goals with the best and safest outcome. He got the job and did it exceptionally well.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I am very pleased with his work, had 2mknee replacements.he explained procedure and answerEd all my questions. He has a very positive and personable manner. I recommend him to people who ask about my surgery.
Grand Rapids |
Dr. Kane is very, kind, patient, conscientious and thoughtful. He always takes the time to answer my questions and explain what to expect - procedures, expected outcomes, potential problems, etc. I never feel rushed or pressured. His attitude is cheerful and positive, and I can tell he really cares about his patients. His staff seems to enjoy working with him. There is a notable team approach among everyone at River Valley Orthopedics..
in Hudsonville, MI |
Dr. Kane was fantastic with his bedside manner as well as his amazing talent with replacing my knee. I’m 8 weeks out and feel completely normal and the rehabilitation has been a breeze. He knows what he’s doing and I’d recommend him to everyone! He’s a good man! I’m getting my second knee done next week just 9 weeks after the first knee replacement. I have no worries and know I can ask him anything and he is right there for all his patience’s as well as his nurses. I’m very grateful to Dr. Kane.
in Grand Rapids MI |
I would highly recommend Dr. Kane. He is a "Ten" in every category one could think of for a physician to be.
in Newaygo, Mi |
Excellent surgeon, explains well, very pleasant manor. Absolutely no complaints.
Grand Rapids, MI |
Very thorough and friendly bed side manner and would highly recommend him for an orthopedic provider
in Ada, MI |
Dr. Kane was great! From first consultation to my actual knee replacement to the follow-up appointments, he was informative and caring.
Grand Rapids, MI |
Had 3 surgeries with this dr, who was recommended by other medical professionals. Surgeries all successful. Highly recommended
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I have and will continue to recommended Dr. Kane to friends and family members.
Ada, MI |
Dr. Kane is an excellent surgeon and my husband and I would recommend him with enthusiasm and gratitude.
in Greenville, Mi |
I worked with Dr. Kane and that is why I picked him for my hip replacement. He is a very patient friendly physician who takes his time with each patient. His surgery skills are exceptional and his availability is constant.
We're proud to have Dr. Kane on our team and appreciate you taking notice of his hard work and expertise as we work to get you back to doing. Thanks again for your kind words, we wish you much continued health!
in Wyoming, MI |
Dr. Kane spent all the time I needed to answer my questions. Explained in detail my issues and the proper fix, then replaced my knee and two weeks later I was back to work. Wonderful Surgeon.
Thank you for your kind words, we wish you much continued health.
in Rockford, MI |
Was recommended to Dr. Kane and RVO in 2012. Both my husband and I have a knee replacement and hip replacement by Dr. Kane and have total trust and confidence in his advice and treatment. Have recommended Dr. Kane to others with orthopedic problems - and will continue to do so.
We're so glad you were able to witness our dedication to providing the "RVO experience", and are willing to share your positive opinion with others. We send our well wishes for continued health!
in Rockford, MI |
Yes. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kane for he is skilled, a great communicator, takes time with you, explains everything, and never gives the impression he is in a hurry, although he probably is wanted in the next room. It has been a good experience , and I feel lucky that I was able to get an appointment.
in Allegan, MI |
Dr. Kane is an excellent physician! He listens to complaints, does a very thorough investigation and then follows through fixing the problem.
Thank you for your kind words, we wish you much continued health.
in Grand Rapids, Mi |
I had a Total Knee Replacement on March 7,2016 and was walking on my own in 3 weeks. Dr. Kane could always answer my questions and always paid attention to what I had to say. If I need another joint replacement, Dr Kane will be my first choice.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
The mess he made of me, I would not let him touch my dog!
in Ada, MI |
I would recommend Dr. Kane for his knowledge, skill, and manner. I like him very much. My complaint would not be with him, but the office staff. The first appointment was great. The second appointment was not great. After 3-4 email and phone reminders to be on time, I was 15 minutes early only to have to wait for 2 hours to be seen.
RVO is committed to the advancement of medical techniques, deep-rooted in our pledge for continuing education, and are pleased to see patients like you are reaping the benefits from our physicians with excellent diagnosis and care.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Kane, MD?

Visit Dr. Kane