Dr. Kevin Jiang, MD

Dr. Kevin Jiang, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Kevin Jiang is a fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in minimally invasive and arthroscopic techniques for treatment of shoulder, elbow, hip, and knee disorders. He completed orthopaedic surgery residency at Columbia University Medical Center where he gained experience in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases while helping to take care of Columbia, CUNY, and high school athletes. With a special interest in treatment of active individuals, he went on to pursue fellowship training at world-renowned University of Pittsburgh Orthopaedic Sports Medicine program. There he helped take care of the U Pitt football, Pittsburgh Steelers and Penguins. He has published multiple peer-reviewed articles and textbook chapters on topics such as shoulder instability, ACL injuries, knee ligament injuries, ankle fractures, and the use of biologics. He currently serves as a team physician for St John's University Athletics, Holy Cross Football, and St Francis Prep Football. Dr. Jiang is a native of New York City growing up in Manhattan and Queens where he went to public elementary and middle schools before attending Stuyvesant high school. He went to college at Cornell University and medical school at SUNY Stony Brook School of Medicine. He currently lives in Williamsburg, Brooklyn where he enjoys the vibrant city. He competes in basketball and football leagues as well as runs and triathlons while pursuing his passion for mountain biking and snowboarding.

NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • VNS Choice

Learn about Dr. Jiang

The most important aspect of taking care of a patient is to help them understand their diagnosis and all their treatment options. It is then that we can move forward with a team approach from the patient, the therapist, and myself to help them get back to work and activities as quickly as possible

Dr. Jiang's Experience

Dr. Jiang's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Ankle Fracture
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Broken Arm
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Knee Replacement
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Cornell University
  • New York Presbyterian Hosp Columbia Univ Medical Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • UPMC Ctr Sport Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Jiang has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Jiang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jiang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Jiang is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Jiang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jiang to family and friends
Dr. Jiang Says:

Thanks for your time in submitting a patient satisfaction survey. If we have taken good care of you please tell a friend. If not, please let me or my staff know because we are committed to providing the best possible care.

Dr. Jiang's Performance
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Jiang saw my husband for his right shoulder pain and I must say it was so relieving finding a doctor who spoke Spanish and helped my husband by explaining the exercises he can do at home to relieve his pain. He was so professional! Best doctor ever! Thanks Dr. Jiang!!
in Flushing, NY |
Dr. Jiang is simply the best. I tore my rotator cuff and I was very, very lucky to have had Dr. Jiang assigned to my case. This was my first surgery and I had complete faith in Dr. Jiang. He was kind, caring, professional and put me at my ease immediately. Hopefully I will never need Orthopedic surgery ever again, but if I do, I will only want Dr. Jiang to do it.
in Floral Park, NY |
Dr. Jiang is a true professional! I enjoyed my experience the moment I walked into this office. He clearly explained why I was experiencing so much pain in my wrist and he made it easy for me to understand what the next steps would be to get better. I liked how he took him time with answering my questions and didn't rush me out like some other doctors tend to do. It's very obvious that he cares for his patients very much and that he truly love what he does. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Jiang.
in Brooklyn, NY |
the best doctor in us , DR. JIANG did my surgery and it was so fest and pro , he keeps follow till its back to normal i recommend *****
Flushing, NY |
ACL reconstruction and meniscus surgery - very caring and compassionate as well as clear and willing to answer any questions. Highly recommended.
in Flushing, NY |
Due to a skiing injury a few months ago, I completely tore my ACL and MCL From my first visit to my ongoing visits, Kevin truly impressed me with his professionalism, medical expertise, patience, and empathy for my injury. He clearly explained the entire treatment process and made me feel much more comfortable and ready before, during, and after my surgery. I also noticed that my surgery scars are much smaller than others who had the same surgery. I would highly recommend him!
in Bayside, NY |
When I first met Dr. Kevin Jiang, I was scared, in tremendous pain and uncertain about my ability to walk again. Dr. Jiang has guided me with great competence through my long recovery. His gentle demeanor, his compassion, his detailed explanations of my condition and of the treatment needed, his kindness and his sense of humor have always made me feel at ease, busted my confidence, and have given me hope. Today, 6 months after my accident, thanks to his expertise I have got my life back! TY
in CaNew York, NY |
he is very nice and professional doctor!
in Nyc |
My experience with Dr. Jiang was excellent. He operated on my sons right shoulder for torn ligaments caused by a wrestling match. My son is fully recovered amd is ready for his next match. Dr. Jiang is an involved, informative and caring doctor. I would definitely recommend him.
in New York, NY |
I was diagnosed with a ruptured Achilles Tendon on March 8. Dr. Jiang and performed successful surgery on March 20th. He was optimistic throughout the process and reassured me that I could return to activity after approximately 3 months. After 12 weeks of PT and follow up, I was able to start running pain-free and continue to improve every day. Thank you to Dr. Jiang and his friendly and knowledgeable staff!
in Jamaica, NY |
Very professional friendly articulate intelligent and sweet.... You cant possibly find a better orthopedic surgeon than dr Kevin jiang I don't know what it is but its like dr jiang was born to be an md He is really a peoples person,their are many good doctors out their but for many They feel it's just a routine job.. dr jiang goes that extra step to make you feel comfortable and like you are part of his family The best...I highly recommend seeing him before you choose another doctor
in Maspeth, NY |
I broke my left collarbone on March 2nd. Eight days later I was on Dr Jiang's table receiving 7 screws to repair the damage. I couldn't ask for a friendlier or more reliable Dr. I'm happy to say after only 6 weeks & 8 physical therapy appointments I'm back to playing softball and golf. I'd recommend Dr Jiang to anyone and everyone trying to get back to doing the physical activities they enjoy.
Baltimore, MD |
Dr. Jiang has always been very approachable for great medical advice. I've consulted with him on several health issues throughout the years, and his advice has always been correct.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Jiang is one of the most patient doctors I have ever met. He walks you through your options and does not rush you to make any decisions. By far one of the most compassionate people and happy to know there are people like him in the medical field. He performed my knee operation in November 2016 and checked in personally & weekly after my surgery. He is extremely knowledgeable and able to explain medical language into an easy breakdown. 3 words: personable, compassionate & experienced.
in Woodside NY |
Excellent DR I am completely satisfied with my results of my shoulder reconstructive surgery and it's only been about 6 weeks since my surgery and I can't complain. Wasn't a big fan of getting metal in my body but with these results I tell you go for it cause it's as if you don't have any you won't even notice
in Flushing, NY |
Dr Jiang treated me for a broken leg. He was very nice and professional. My experience was good and I have no complaints.
in New York, NY |
From start to finish my surgery and follow up visits could not have been better. Every step of the way I was greeted with a smile and treated with respect. I never had to wait and always felt comfortable and confident in the care I received. Dr. Jiang took time to explain the entire procedure, listened to all my questions and always made me feel like I was his only patient. Great service and most importantly thanks to Dr. Jiang I am as strong as ever!
Flushing, NY |
Dr. Jiang is very nice. He explained my surgery thoroughly to me and completed it without any problems.
in South Richmond Hill, NY |
gran medico,con una capacidad profesional exelente,amable sencillo y muy conocedor de se especialidad
in Brooklyn, NY |
Amazing doctor, with amazing results
in Middle village,NY |
Dr Jiang reflects the passion he has for being a physician on to his patients and I m glad I didnt have to go through this knee surgery alone. Dr. Jiang took his time and and gave me course of action options and we came to agreement as to what needed to be done. If I had any questions he made himself available before and after my knee surgery to address my concerns.
in Jamaica New York |
Dr. Jiang is a compassionate qualified orthopedic surgeon that takes pride and accountability in being a doctor it shows in his GQ appearance and his knowledge of modern orthopedic procedures. He is a Doctor that puts his patients first. I have been a patient of his for 4 years. He did my knee replacement surgery and also treated me with PRP injections. He has been a vital part of my recovery and I'm sure anyone treating with him will not be disappointed.
in New York, NY |
He was wonderful! Great service and demeanor. Very calm put me completely at ease. His team was fantastic, as well.
Bronx, NY |
He is an amazing Doctor
in Somerville, MA |
I consulted with Dr. Jiang when I learned I had arthritis in my left knee resulting from a previous surgery. He went into great detail about the condition, how I should go about treating it, and how to prevent it from getting worse. He was extremely patient and listened to all my concerns and was very thoughtful in his responses. Dr. Jiang definitely put me at ease with his professional yet friendly demeanor and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to my friends and family.
in Jackson Heights, NY |
Thank God Dr Jiang was there when i was bought into the ER i was a mess he put me back into one piece and put me on the road to recovery with his skills he is an amazing doctor he listens to everything you have to say with such patience and understanding and management i would recommend him and i have to everyone he is the best
in New York, NY |
When I came in seeking some answers about my knee pain, Dr. Jiang was very quick and helpful in diagnosing my situation. He quickly pushed my MRI authorization through and personally called me to explain the results after he received the scans in his office. He prescribed the typical treatment associated with my condition and was very friendly and helpful when I contacted him subsequent times to follow up with questions. Honest, caring, passionate, and friendly!
in Corona, NY |
I had a butterfly fracture in right humerus associated with radial nerve palsy and underwent surgery. Bone approximation was so perfect. Post-operative pain was very minimal. Radial nerve function recovered within a week.
in New york |
I'm not sure if I lucked out but I had no wait to see Dr. Jiang. He also was very patient with me and let me ask all the questions I had. Normally other doctors makes you feel hurried when with them, but Dr. Jiang wasn't like this at all.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Jiang was fantastic. He fully answered all my questions and helped me understand my injury much better than the first Ortho i went to. So glad I got his second opinion.
Dr. Jiang was very thorough with his assessment of my shoulder injury. I felt like he explained the issue in a way that was much more understanable than previous doctors.
in Scarsdale, NY |
Dr. Jiang is great! He has an excellent bedside manner and it is great at explaining the condition and the options available to treat it. He doesn't push patients to make an immediate decision. He lets them think about the options available and offers enough information to be able to consider all the pros and cons. He helped me find the best option to treat my osteoarthritis and has follow up on my progress ever since. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for the best care.
in New York, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Jiang to my friends and family. Dr. Jiang has great bedside manners and listens to you on your issue. Dr. Jiang took his time assessing my injury and was with me to the road to recovery. Dr. Jiang is very knowledgeable in his field and gives you the pros and cons of your situation.
Great bedside manner!
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Jiang, MD?
Are you Dr. Jiang?

Hospitals where Dr. Jiang has admitting privileges

NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens
56 45 Main Street
Flushing, NY 11355

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Jiang at NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens