Psychiatry  |
Dr. Kevin George, MD
In my 18 years of practice, I've witnessed and experienced many favorable evolutions within the field of psychiatry. In addition, as a specialty, psychiatry has become more and more relevant in today's world and also, as become more accessible to many more individuals and their families. We see less stigma which is always a good thing. More patients are willing to pursue psychiatric services. Psychiatry has become more and more mainstream which is good for everyone. Lack of treatment can have severe negative consequences. Therefore, in my office we continue to strive to provide all-around exceptional care for each and every patient and to appreciate the far-reaching effects that caring for any one person can have in terms of allowing that patient to experience a higher and deeper quality of life.

Dr. Kevin George

1510 Central Ave Ste 375

Albany, NY 12205

Dr. Kevin George, MD

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • PHP-Physicians Health Plan

Learn about Dr. George

We are a general psychiatry practice with a focus on medication management. Our philosophy includes incorporating stresses across all domains of the patient's life whether medical, social or otherwise. That is to say that all aspects of your life experience come to bear upon your psychiatric care and treatment. Therefore every effort is made to really treat the whole person and to not overlook any aspects of one's life that could have psychiatric relevance. Your care should always be relevant to where you are at any given point or stage in your life.

Dr. George's Experience

Dr. George's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Malpractice claims found
  • Board actions found

• Psychiatry

Dr. George does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Settlement : 6/19/2013
    Amount or Range: Average
    Nature of Complaint: Zip Code or County of Event: Schenectady County, NY

1 Board Action
  • Non-Disciplinary Action (11/16/2015)
    Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: New York

• Ohio State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1983
  • Albany Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Albany Medical Center Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. George has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. George has no media or publications listed.

Dr. George does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. George and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. George's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. George to family and friends
2.9
Dr. George Says:

We appreciate any and all feedback from our patients. We continue to strive to make service improvements based upon your feedback.

Dr. George's Performance
in Little Falls, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. George for about 10 years. He is a great doctor, he really listens to what you have to say. He adjusts medications upon how things are going.(ie. stress, anxiety, despression etc) He is easy to talk to and I would highly recommend Dr. George to all my family and friends without hesitation.
in Albany, NY |
First saw Dr. George with my daughter. She had seen many docs who did a horrible job with meds. Dr. George got her on a perfect combination and she did very well. I have seen him for years and I find him to be patient and caring, along with professional and knowledgeable. My husband recently had an emergency situation and Dr. George worked him in right away and helped him through his very hard time.
in Schenectady, NY |
Think I may retract my previous review. Seems to be very difficult to get in touch with the office. Can never speak to the Doctor and you don't get return messages.
in Cohoes, New York |
Dr. Kevin George stabilized my mental health for approximate two years. He is very understanding and very skillful in his practice. He is caring and concerned. He listened to my issues and my concerns during all of my scheduled visits with him. He always answered all of my questions. He is very respectful and professional. His secretary is pleasant professional and kind. Unfortunately, I moved and had to terminate with him. But I am hoping he can reinstate me soon.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin George, MD?
Are you Dr. George?

Visit Dr. George

Dr. George accepts 2 insurance carriers
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO