Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 58

Dr. Eggerman

Westwood Psychological Svc

3506 Boudinot Ave Ste 100 Cincinnati, OH 45211

Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Cincinnati, OH and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Saint Louis University / School of Medicine medical school in 1990. He is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Eggerman to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Eggerman's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Eggerman's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizophrenia

Dr. Eggerman accepts

Dr. Eggerman accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Blue Access-OH PPO

2.9

Dr. Eggerman?
  • Wait times (54)
  • Long wait times (9)
His one-size-fits-all approach to mental healthcare doesn’t work. He’s extremely unprofessional, coming across as arrogant at the best of times. Don’t expect him to remember your personal struggles or look over your file before appointments. I’ve struggled with chronic pain for years now and he had the nerve to ask “What is it you’re stressed out about, again?” He’s useful for prescribing psychiatric medication and not much else.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Disgruntled Patient – Jan 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
He's not a bad doctor and generally seems to know what he's talking about. The problem with him is that he lacks empathy and doesn't spend much time with the patient. He can come off as arrogant. I also find it strange that he often has his dogs, 2 huge German Shepards, in his office. This is unnecessary and unprofessional. Most annoyingly, if you cancel as much as one minute later than 24 hours, his office charges you $50.00, which is just plain greedy.
Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
Dr. Eggerman was always kind and courteous during our visits. Very helpful to me in my life.
E. M. Lowry in Conyers, GA – Dec 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
He is a clown with an M.D. behind his name. True life nightmare.
Cincinnati, OH – Dec 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
FANTASTIC doctor. I was put on the wrong medication by a different doctor & was no longer able to get out of bed. My first appointment with him, he consulted with me about my symptoms, discussed the last medications effects, described what medication he wanted to switch me to AND his exact reasoning behind why he thought it would be a good fit, & asked me if I was okay with it. He wants to make sure you're well informed, he does not beat around the bush. He's honest and he knows what he's doing.
Eagan – Nov 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
He's smiling in this picture, but he doesn't smile much when he sees you. Not much of a cheerleader. If your depressed, the thing you need most is a doctor who reassures you that, "I'm going to help you out of that bag, now let's go to work."
Cincinnati, OH – Nov 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
If you want a Psychiatrist who tells you twice "You're on the highway to Hell" at your second visit, he's your man. If you like a Psychiatrist who is typing most of the time your in his office, when he hasn't even asked you a question yet (my gut tells me he's writing an article or book on your time), then he's your man. If you end up in the hospital 4 times from side effects of the medicine he prescribes for you, and he doesn't even get hospital reports on the findings from all the test, ...
No longer his patient by my choice in Montgomery – Nov 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
He doesn't read notes he has taken on his patients. He can be very rude. I will NEVER make an appointment to see him again because of his extremely negative attitude. Also, he only spends 5 to 10 minutes with patients and not willing to try other ideas related to treatment.
Cincinnati, OH – Sep 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
Dr.Eggerman was very rude and not very helpful. I will not be going back.
Cincinnati, OH – Mar 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
Dr. Eggerman changed my life. I had seen other Psychiatrist seeking help and was prescribed medications but my mind continued to race. My daughter was referred to Dr. Eggerman and he was great. So I gave him a shot. He prescribed the combination of medicines that balanced my brain. This was life changing for me. He is not a therapist or friend but instead focuses on your symptoms to diagnose your mental illness and the medication needed to help you live a normal life. Thanks Dr. Eggerman
bluebelle6 in Lawrenceburg, IN – Jan 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
Overall, I think he is a good doctor. There are a few quirks I have though. I often feel I don't have undivided attention as he likes to multitask. Another irritant is that I had to cancel an appt but only gave 22.5 hours notice. Since it wasn't 24 hour notice, he is charging me $50 and won't reschedule my appt until I pay. Taking away my personal issues, I guess he is good but not outstanding. I've only been to one other psychiatrist before to compare him with. So recommending is not a nitch
DLK in Cincinnati, OH – Nov 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
Dr. E. is one of the best. I read a lot of negative reviews about him and I say to each their own. He is far from a no nothing doctor. He has helped me greatly and I would recommend him to anyone.
ron in crittenden, KY – Nov 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
He is the worse doctor I have ever been too! I felt worse after leaving his office, and was more suicidal. I had to cancel an appointment with him to go out of state for a funeral, he canceled our status of doctor and patient establishment, no concern with all the meds he had me on! If you have to cancel an appointment with him, you too will feel his wrath!
Dee Rose in Hamilton, OH – Oct 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
I read many of the reviews on Dr. Eggerman and almost cancelled my first visit, but decided to give it a try, I could always leave. The building and office are old and needs some attention, but clean enough, The receptionist was kind. I was prepared for the appointment with a letter from my therapist, he quickly got to the business of why I was there and typing away and asking questions. He gave me a new Rx and explained why, he answered my questions, This is why I came. The dog is fine.
Louisville, KY – Aug 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
Can you pick a zero for him? He is very untrusting and has no care for you at all. He doesn't listen to a thing you say. He is very unprofessional and has an egotistical cocky front on him. He lacks any real knowledge on the patients he sees...just a bad Doctor I would not recommend him to anyone. Upon meeting him for the first time, he changes medication without even really consulting you on why...His staff is very nice and accommodating due to his lack of professionalism.
Lex Luthor in Cincinnati, Ohio – Jul 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
I thoroughly enjoy Dr. Eggerman and I look forward to my appointments with him. He is a breath of fresh air and in the mental health field, that is hard to find. I would recommend him to anyone. If you are expecting a psychiatrist to be holding your hand, Dr. Eggerman is not your guy. But, if you want someone who is honest and wants the best for you so he doesn't beat around the bush, Dr. Eggerman is perfect. I highly recommend!!!!!
Allie in Cincinnati, OH – Jul 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Eggerman for 7 years and he is a good fit for me . Early on I wasn't so sure about staying with him ....... but once I got to know him better his little quirks didn't bother me . He has been very upfront with me and I feel comfortable that he has my best interest in mind. If you're looking for someone to hold your hand and tell you what you want to hear , Dr Eggerman is not your guy.
Linda in Cincinnati, OH – Jun 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
He lacks empathy, does not show care or concern regarding your well being. Does not listen to you.
Cincinnati, OH – May 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?
BEWARE!!! Kevin W Eggerman is not only clinically Bi-Polar but has a God complex as well. He treats his patients as though they are children. People come to him for help and he gets the biggest delight out of torturing them by not giving them the right meds. Also!! beware that he keeps in his exam room, 2 HUGE German Shepard dogs which is, 1. unsanitary and 2 may frighten patients. He will humiliate you regardless of who is with you. Has has no intention of helping you. Stay AWAY FROM HIM!
Ex-patient in Cincinnati, OH – Apr 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Eggerman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Eggerman?

• Psychiatry