Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
18 reviews

• Golden Rule
  • Health Net

I have been in practice in Boulder County since 2002. As my practice has grown, I have been seeing more and more patients from this area. Thus, I have decided to open up an office to better serve the patients that live in this area. I can usually see patients myself within a week. If it is an urgent matter, I can usually see them sooner. I grew up in Longmont and went to high school in Denver. I commuted through the Broomfield/Lafayette/Louisville area during high school, and I have seen it change tremendously in my lifetime. I completed medical school and did my otolaryngology residency at Loyola-Chicago. Then, I completed a one year fellowship in facial plastics through the University of Texas-Houston. I have been in solo practice since 2001. My patient population has covered all ages. I truly have enjoyed practicing in the place where I grew up.Read more

Dr. Cavanaugh's Experience

See how Dr. Cavanaugh's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cavanaugh

Dr. Cavanaugh accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Cavanaugh has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cavanaugh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cavanaugh to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Cavanaugh's Performance
in Longmont, CO |
I started seeing Dr. Cavanaugh in the fall of 2016 as I had been dealing with a sinus and throat issue for over a year. My situation was further complicated by the fact that I had just come off chemotherapy. Dr. Cavanaugh was the second ENT Doctor I saw as nothing I had tried previously was working. He was able to clear things up and after nearly 14 months of suffering with various issues I feel fantastic. I would recommend him without hesitation.
aurora, co |
Dr.Cavanaugh was extremely personable and knowledgable! I really felt like he cared about my condition and his diagnosis and treatment brought a great amount of relief when I had been struggling for almost a year. I give Dr.Cavanaugh the highest recommendation!
in Westminster, CO |
When I met Dr. Cavanaugh I could barely breath through my nose, I had chronic sinusitis and nasal polyps, I was getting about 4 hours of sleep a night and was told by another ENT that Surgery was my only option. Dr. Cavanaugh listened, diagnosed and recommended alternatives to surgery, with his help I can now breathe normally, I get 8 hours of sleep per night and I have never felt better. I highly recommend Dr. Cavanaugh.
in Longmont, CO |
Dr. Cavanaugh helped me deal with multiple issues, from sleep apnea to teeth grinding to allergies. He even removed a small growth from my face when my dermatologist would not. I found him both direct and kind, as well as professional and knowledgeable. I would recommend him to family and friends for any ENT problems.
in Longmont, CO |
Had to visit due to a head injury. Whole time with Dr. Cavanaugh I felt I was being judged like he didn't believe what I've been experiencing. He knew what he was doing but he's not personable at all. Office staff was friendly and helpful though
in Longmont, CO |
After an ER visit I was admitted to the hospital for a very severe and recurring condition. The hospital staff could do nothing for me except for attempt to stop my episode only to have it start again within a few hours. Dr. Cavanaugh was reassuring in a very frightening time and was very available. The Dr. went far above and beyond what I have ever seen a specialist or primary care physician do for a patient by being reachable and continuing to offer solutions to my challenging condition.
New York, NY |
Really like this doc! I was in a lot of pain and am now nearly pain free. He is very knowledgeable and diagnosed my problem in minutes.
Would definitely go back and recommend to others. I had clogged ears and had already been to my GP but was still having problems. Home remedies weren't working either. Dr. Cavanaugh had fixed me up within 5 minutes!
in Denver, CO |
I'm paying a specialist co-pay for an ear, nose, and throat doctor, so I would expect that looking in my throat would not cost me an extra $301 beyond my co-pay. How else can an ear, nose, and throat doctor assess my throat? Also he speaks too quickly and is hard to understand, and he told me that he could only address one problem per visit (I thought they were related) and to choose one.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
Are you Dr. Cavanaugh?

Dr. Cavanaugh's Care Philosophy

Dr. Cavanaugh says...

Nasal polyps are relatively common growths in the lining of the nose.  They can block nasal passages, preventing normal sinus drainage and leading to difficulties breathing, smelling, and sleeping.

The PolypVac is a new FDA-cleared technology that enables Dr. Cavanaugh to safely remove nasal polys in the clinic without the need for general anesthesia.

PolypVac significantly and immediately reduces symptoms, including nasal blockage associated with nasal polyps.  In a clinical study, 97% of patients reported a comfort level of "fair" to "excellent" and the procedure took only several minutes per side.

Dr. Cavanaugh says...

Become a Sinusitis Success Story!  Millions of Americans suffer from recurrent or persistent sinusitis - an inflammation, swelling, of the tissue lining of sinuses.

Normally the sinuses are filled with air, but when the sinuses become blocked, they can fill with mucus and become infected.

If you have any of the Sinusitis symptoms:

* Facial congestion/fullness

* Nasal Blockage

* Nasal Discharge

* Fever

* Headaches

* Fatigue

* Dental Pain

* Bad Breath

Now there is a new way to free you from your frustrating sinusitis routines - balloon sinus dilation technology.

Balloon sinus dilation is an innovative, minimally invasive procedure that uses small balloons, similar to those used to open blocked arteries.  To reopen the sinus pathways, restore drainage and deliver immediate relief to sinusitis sufferers.

Unlike extensive sinus surgery, balloon sinus dilation does not require the removal of bone or tissue from sinus drainage pathways.  It is often a quick office procedure using local anesthesia.

Recovery time is short, with many patients resuming normal activity the same day.

Dr. Cavanaugh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology

Dr. Cavanaugh has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cavanaugh's Board Certifications

• Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer

Facial Plastic Surgery Associates

Completed in 2001

University Of Notre Dame

Graduated in 1991

Dr. Cavanaugh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cavanaugh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Allergy
  • Allergy & Asthma
  • Allergy & Immunology
  • Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Laryngology
  • Otolaryngic Allergy
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Rhinology
  • Sinus Surgery

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Surgery