Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat ·  Male · Age 50

Dr. Cavanaugh

Front Range Oto/Facl Plstc Sgy

1325 Dry Creek Dr Ste 103 Longmont, CO 80503

Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Longmont, CO and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Loyola University Of Chicago/Stritch School Of Medicine in 1995 and specializes in ear, nose, and throat, pediatric otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat), and more.

Dr. Cavanaugh accepts

Dr. Cavanaugh accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
Health Net

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Cavanaugh's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Cavanaugh's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dizziness

Dr. Cavanaugh treats Dizziness more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Cavanaugh treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Vertigo

Dr. Cavanaugh treats Vertigo more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Cavanaugh treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Benign Paroxyzmal Vertigo of Childhood

• Allergic Rhinitis
  • Allergy Skin Testing
  • Allergy Testing
  • Angioedema
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Asthma
  • Chronic Pharyngitis
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Chronic Tonsillitis
  • Conductive Hearing Loss
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Ear Infection
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Motion Sickness
  • Nasal Obstruction
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Snoring
  • Sore Throat
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing
  • Wound Repair

I have been in practice in Boulder County since 2002. As my practice has grown, I have been seeing more and more patients from this area. Thus, I have decided to open up an office to better serve the patients that live in this area. I can usually see...

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

3.8

Dr. Cavanaugh?
Dr. Cavanaugh's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD
I saw Dr. Cavanaugh a little over a year ago for the first time. I had been suffering from repeated sinusitis for a number of years, going from doctor to doctor seeking help. Most of the time they just prescribed antibiotics. One told me that I would probably eventually need surgery. I asked one ENT PA if being sick all fall and winter every year was what I was going to have to live with for the rest of my life and she said "yes!". Eventually a friend suggested that I go to National Jewish. They didn't find the cause either. Thankfully, I went to a new primary care physician who referred me to Dr. Cavanaugh. He was able to diagnose my problem and I am thrilled to say that I have my life back! I have not had sinusitis in over a year! I am deeply grateful to Dr. Cavanaugh. He is extremely thorough, compassionate and an outstanding diagnostician. I highly recommend Dr. Cavanaugh!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
Very knowledgeable in his field. Excellent at determining the what the illness is.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
Dr. Cavanaugh performed by 9 year old's tonsillectomy and we couldn't be more pleased. Dr C took great care to clearly communicate what was going to happen in the surgery and what to expect recovery wise. He called to check in after the surgery and in our follow-up appointment he reinforced once again what to expect in the last week of healing. No surgery is a good time, but we couldn't be happier with Dr. Cavanaugh.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
Dr. Cavanaugh has successfully treated my extreme hay fever/allergy issues with GREAT success. I’ve done immunotherapy (by oral drops) for just over a year. Dr. Cavanaugh’s treatment has eliminated my symptoms. I am very pleased. Previous to his treatment, my allergy issues were a year-round problem, but I now live without any symptoms. I urge anyone who suffers from allergy issues to consult Dr. Cavanaugh. You’ll be pleased. Dr. Cavanaugh and his staff are all very professional and pleasant
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
I have found Dr. Cavanaugh to be concerned, caring and compassionate. I would happily recommend him to anyone needing an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Cavanaugh for a tonsillectomy after years of chronic tonsillitis and other problems. Dr. Cavanaugh was quick to agree that they needed to be removed, and was very thorough in telling me what to expect from the surgery. There were some scheduling difficulties to overcome, and Dr. Cavanaugh was gracious enough to squeeze me in for surgery the following week. My surgery went great, and I felt comfortable knowing what to expect in the coming weeks. What really stood out to me w
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
I have suffered positional vertigo for as long as I can remember. At the age of 63, I cannot remember the last time I could lie flat on the floor without my head being elevated. Their treatment for my vertigo has produced positive results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
I'd like to take a minute to thank Dr. Cavanaugh and his staff. I came to Dr. Cavanaugh with some nasal polyps, heavy snoring and a potentially serious sleep apnea situation, I was at my wits end. Dr. Cavanaugh was able to quickly determine a course of action, he was able to perform surgery that not only made breathing easy, significantly impacted my snoring and completely eliminated the potential risk of sleep apnea for me. This improved my quality of life significantly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
Very thorough, professional, and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
He is aggressive and dismissive. Pain exists to him on a scale of 1–10 and that’s it. He wants a number and no explanation. He doesn’t care what you’re feeling. I’ve never felt so triggered by a physician and he should not be a clinician interacting with patients. Why do these people want to be physicians? Just get a PhD and do research, you’ll still be allowed to call yourself “Dr”. Absolutely horrible and made me feel completely worthless.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Cavanaugh and his associate, Dr. Barak, Audiologist. They provided me with excellent and professional care in a timely manner. Dr. Barak fitted me with hearing aids that I am extremely pleased about. Dr. Cavanaugh diagnosed and treated severe nose bleeds. Their office is convenient, friendly and professional. I award them 5 stars across the board!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
This office has poor customer service and is expensive when they actually attempt to fix problems. The initial visit charge is $150 for 10 minutes, but they will very quickly start double charging you for time to actually take care of the issue you went in for. I went for two visits, spent about 30 minutes of actual time with the doctor, and was ultimately billed for $390 myself, insurance was billed for around $600. That's $1200/hr for time with an ENT. Not a surgeon or a lawyer. An ENT.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
I started seeing Dr. Cavanaugh in the fall of 2016 as I had been dealing with a sinus and throat issue for over a year. My situation was further complicated by the fact that I had just come off chemotherapy. Dr. Cavanaugh was the second ENT Doctor I saw as nothing I had tried previously was working. He was able to clear things up and after nearly 14 months of suffering with various issues I feel fantastic. I would recommend him without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
Dr.Cavanaugh was extremely personable and knowledgable! I really felt like he cared about my condition and his diagnosis and treatment brought a great amount of relief when I had been struggling for almost a year. I give Dr.Cavanaugh the highest recommendation!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
When I met Dr. Cavanaugh I could barely breath through my nose, I had chronic sinusitis and nasal polyps, I was getting about 4 hours of sleep a night and was told by another ENT that Surgery was my only option. Dr. Cavanaugh listened, diagnosed and recommended alternatives to surgery, with his help I can now breathe normally, I get 8 hours of sleep per night and I have never felt better. I highly recommend Dr. Cavanaugh.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
Dr. Cavanaugh helped me deal with multiple issues, from sleep apnea to teeth grinding to allergies. He even removed a small growth from my face when my dermatologist would not. I found him both direct and kind, as well as professional and knowledgeable. I would recommend him to family and friends for any ENT problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
Had to visit due to a head injury. Whole time with Dr. Cavanaugh I felt I was being judged like he didn't believe what I've been experiencing. He knew what he was doing but he's not personable at all. Office staff was friendly and helpful though
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
After an ER visit I was admitted to the hospital for a very severe and recurring condition. The hospital staff could do nothing for me except for attempt to stop my episode only to have it start again within a few hours. Dr. Cavanaugh was reassuring in a very frightening time and was very available. The Dr. went far above and beyond what I have ever seen a specialist or primary care physician do for a patient by being reachable and continuing to offer solutions to my challenging condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
Really like this doc! I was in a lot of pain and am now nearly pain free. He is very knowledgeable and diagnosed my problem in minutes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Cavanaugh, MD?
Would definitely go back and recommend to others. I had clogged ears and had already been to my GP but was still having problems. Home remedies weren't working either. Dr. Cavanaugh had fixed me up within 5 minutes!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Cavanaugh?