Dr. Kevin Carlile, MD

Orthopedic Trauma Surgery | Male

OrthoIllinois 324 Roxbury Rd, Rockford, IL 61107 Get Directions

Personal Bio

Dr. Carlile's Experience

See how Dr. Carlile's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Carlile

Dr. Carlile accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Carlile has admitting privileges.

Dr. Carlile's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Carlile to family and friends
based on 4 total surveys
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Carlile, MD?
Are you Dr. Carlile?
Get started today!

Compare Dr. Carlile

Dr. Carlile says...

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and my experience in health care.  I grew up in Ohio and have known since high school that I wanted to be a physician and surgeon.  To be specific, I knew I wanted to be an orthopedic surgeon.  My mother was a nurse, and her stories and experiences helped influence me.  But it was my own treatment for sport-related injuries by orthopedic doctors that peaked my interest.

During summers in high school and college, I worked in operating rooms at the hospital in my home town.  I prepped the rooms between surgeries and sometimes was able to observe actual surgeries.  Witnessing orthopedic surgery in person was inspiring.  The variability and complexity the surgeons faced and the required flexibility and problem solving required of them with different cases impressed me.

I attended the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor where I earned my Bachelor of Science degree With Distinction.  I pursued my medical degree at The Ohio State University College of Medicine in Columbus Ohio before completing five years of residency in orthopedic surgery at McGaw Medical Center Northwestern University Feinberg school of Medicine in Chicago.  Following residency, I completed a one year advanced training program, or fellowship, in orthopedic trauma surgery in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at Allegheny General Hospital in affiliation with Drexel University and Temple University Colleges of Medicine.

My practice at OrthoIllinois focuses on the operative treatment of general limb fractures, peri-articular fractures, complex fractures of the pelvis and acetabulum (hip socket), peri-prosthetic fractures, and the treatment of multiply injured patients.   My practice also includes limb salvage treatment for fracture malunions, nonunions, and infections.  As your physician, my goal is to provide you the best medical care available.

Beyond my clinical interests, I have a passion for educating. I volunteered several times in under-served countries such as Malawi and Ghana in Africa, where I taught students, residents, and mid-level health care workers how to provide non-operative and minimally operative care in areas without access to hospitals or formally trained orthopedists.

Outside my professional and volunteer commitments, I stay active through fitness and travel. I enjoy live music, golf, skiing, hiking, and spending time with family and friends.

Dr. Carlile's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Ankle Fracture
  • Broken Arm
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Ohio State University

Graduated in 2010

McGaw Med Ctr Of Nw Univ

Completed in 2015

Allegheny U Hosp-Med Coll Penn (Drexel University College Of Medicine)

Completed in 2016

University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 2006

Dr. Carlile does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carlile and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Trauma Surgery