Dr. Kevin Cairns, MD

Dr. Kevin Cairns, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine | Male

Florida Spine Specialists 6000 N Federal Hwy Ft Lauderdale, FL 33308 Get Directions

At Florida Spine Specialists, we believe in treating each patient as a unique individual with a personalized treatment plan to satisfy their own unique needs. By offering physical therapy, yoga, Pilates, interventional pain medication, epidural steroid injections, spinal cord stimulator implantation, and minimally invasive surgical options, we are able to treat all facets of both adult and pediatric spinal disorders. Our goal is to provide you, our patient, with Better Care for a Better Life.

Dr. Kevin Cairns, MD is an interventional pain medicine doctor who practices in Ft Lauderdale, FL. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Cairns is affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center and Holy Cross Hospital.

Dr. Cairns' Experience

See how Dr. Cairns' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cairns

Dr. Cairns accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Cairns has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cairns' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cairns to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Cairns' Performance
in Marathon, FL |
Dr. Cairn may or may not be a good Dr, unfortunately I didn't have the chance to find out, I had an appointment 2 weeks out for a Friday. On Wednesday of that week, his office called me to ask for pre-appointment information. At the end of the conversation, the lady said see you tomorrow. I said my appointment is for Friday because that is the only day he was in Marathon, she said no it's Thursday, guess what they were closed only there on Fridays. Bad staff, bad fill in the blanks!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Cairns and his entire staff are the absolute best in the business!! I've been a patient of Dr. Cairns for almost 4 months now. I had my cervical spine C4/C5 fused together 6 months ago by another fabulous Doctor in Palm Beach, FL. Dr. Cairns and his staff have taken over my post-operative care and it has been such an amazing experience! I constantly brag to anyone who will listen to me about how amazing Dr. Cairns and his staff are. He is hands down the most compassionate and the best Doctor
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I saw Dr. Cairns after tearing a disk in my lower back at Crossfit. From the moment I saw him, he put my mind at rest that my back could fully recover and most importantly, I could again exercise and do the things I love to do in my active lifestyle. I was in pain, but most importantly, I wanted my life back! Dr. Cairns helped achieve that goal for me in less time than I imagined. I am so grateful for his thoughtful care. I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone suffering with a back ailment.
in Miami, FL |
I have been going to Dr. Cairns for years for CRPR which is very painful He is the most compassionate doctor I have ever met in my life. Besides being a great doctor he has that compassionate side. He will be greatly rewarded for all his love and compassionate for his patients. I'm fortunate to have this one doctor that cares.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Cairns is knowledgable and aware. He takes the time to listen and make assessments based off of your personal life as well as medical needs.
in Plantation, FL |
Dr. Cairns is amazing. He went above and beyond to ensure my comfort and progress. He spoke to me in a way that made sense , and I felt comfortable asking enough questions to ease my mind. He is patient, kind and knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.
Dania Beach |
Dr. Cairns was referred to me by a friend for my severe lower back pain. From my initial contact with his office until to today I am always pleasantly surprised how they exceed my expectations and go the extra mile. Dr. Cairns has a caring and humorous way of making you feel like you are his only patient. He took my pain seriously but also realized my financial situation and gave me options that would work best with my insurance. His physical therapy team is fantastic. Great experience!
in Fort Lauderdale |
Having spine surgery several years ago. I was in a panic in November. I could not get an appointment with my neurosurgeon until late January. I called Dr. Cairns. Within moments I had my MRI scheduled and then the epidural. Everyone in his staff is competent and compassionate. When I went to my primary care and the neurosurgeon they both said you picked a great Doctor. I researched Dr's. I am relatively pain free at the moment. Hence the fruit basket of gratitude during the busy holiday week.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr Cairns is an incredible caring doctor! He shows a genuine interest and concern in your individual needs. I recommend him to anyone who has any spinal or back problems or injuries.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
The entire staff is incredibly attentive & efficient and it's a pleasant welcome coming into the office. Dr. Cairns has a high level of compassion for what ails you and gets right to the source so that you can overcome and quickly heal to recovery. He made me feel at ease during a time in my life when I was scared to death. I recommend him on a daily basis to others who suffer from back/neck pain. He is an absolute one of a kind.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Cairns treats the patient not just the disease. He listens to the patient and is able to pinpoint the areas needing treatment. He explains the problem as well as the steps in the treatment. He always asks if you have any questions at the end of a visit or treatment.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
The smartest, best-educated and trained, and most compassionate spine doctor you will ever encounter. He will take the time to thoroughly diagnose your condition, and then lay out a clear plan for how to address it. He successfully solved my spine problems, and I referred him to my friends and they are all equally happy!
in Fort Lauderdale |
I have been a patient for over 6 years I think- sometimes I have waited up to an hour, but by the time I leave there, I feel so important- He makes you feel comfortable, & he is kind and compassionate. Back/neck issues are not always easy to pinpoint the root cause & it takes time, but he is always upfront and tries to explain things to me as clearly as possible. I have had several procedures, & I get overwhelmed & panicked- he holds my hand and assures me everything is going to be ok
in Summerland Key, FL |
My father has been in a severe amount of pain, waiting eagerly for his appointment with Dr. Cairns to receive treatment that would temporarily alleviate the pain. The appointment has been established for a month now. Today was finally the day of the appointment and my father was very relieved. Today, at the very last minute, Cairn's secretary informed my father that he would have to wait -27- more days because, "he didn't think it was worth it to treat him since his other 2 patients canceled."
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
For 10 years I have been told I have tennis elbow or carpal tunnel from several different orthopedics. Dr Cairns was treating my back with epidurals and noticed me putting pressure on my neck. He ordered a cervical MRI and diagnosed severe spinal stenosis in C5/C6. I was in his office for my back and never complained about my neck. He was proactive and diagnosed something that 3 other doctors missed!!! I had surgery last week and feel 100% better. Amazing doctor!!!! Thank you Dr Cairns
Pompano Beach, FL |
He is not a good person and only cares about himself not his patients.
in Aberdeen, NC |
Dr. Cairns treated me for a lower back pain. He was very attentive to my needs and the pain I was having. I will recommend him to everyone. The treatment that He gave me took care of my problem completely. He has an excellent bed side manner and is highly trained. If you want the best see Dr. Kevin Cairns!
in Coral springs, fl |
Great physician. Helped diagnose my excruciating pain and now I am pain free!
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
For the most part when in office he was not very attentive. he seemed to let his pa do the work. in fact, when he was not there is pa Amanda actually diagnosed rather than give the information and scared the hell out of me. I wrote a certified letter to dr cairns which was never answered. I sent another letter to the hospital which was never answered. when I called I was advised that dr cairns does not confer with patients, that it is done with his assistant. this is poor treatment. I have taku
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Cairns, MD?
Are you Dr. Cairns?

Compare Dr. Cairns

Dr. Cairns' Care Philosophy

Dr. Cairns' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Interventional Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

Dr. Cairns has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cairns' Board Certifications

Completed in 2004

Harvard/Mass Gen Hospital

Completed in 2004

University of California At Berkeley

Dr. Cairns does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cairns and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Interventional Pain Medicine

• Cervical Facet Joint Injection
  • Chronic Pain Management
  • Discography
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Cortisone Injection
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epidural Steroid Injections