Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 51

Dr. Bonner

Jordan-Young Institute

5716 Cleveland St Ste 200 Virginia Beach, VA 23462

Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Virginia Beach, VA and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from Georgetown University School Of Medicine in 1993 and specializes in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Bonner accepts

Dr. Bonner accepts the following insurance:

Optima Health
Optimum HealthCare
Tricare
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Bonner treats your condition or procedure

• Shoulder Dislocation
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Labral Tear
  • Subacromial Bursitis

According to Dr. Bonner, the inherent privilege of practicing medicine is the incessant challenge to acquire and synthesize ever-expanding information and evidence. An integral responsibility of being a physician and a surgeon is staying at...

• Sports Medicine

• Best Doctors in America, 2015-2016
  • US News & World Report “Top Doctors”, 2011
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctor, 2011
  • "Top Doctors for Men” Hampton Roads Magazine, 2013
  • Top Doctors” Hampton Roads Magazine, July 2009, July 2010, Sept 2011, Aug 2012, Aug 2013
  • “Guide to America’s Top Surgeons” Consumers’ Research Council of America, 2016
  • “America’s Top Orthopedists” Consumers’ Research Council of America, 2007-2014
  • “Top Doctors” Coastal Virginia Magazine, 2014-2016

• Tompkins M, Hamann JC, Diduch DR, Bonner KF, Hart JM, Gwathmey FW, Milewski MD, Gaskin CM Arthroscopy. Vol 29(10): Oct 2013: 1661-1670., Oct 2013
  • Inside-out Meniscus Repair. Arthroscopy Techniques Vol 2: Issue 4: e453-460., 2013: Vol 2
  • Two Techniques for Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tibial Fixation With a Bicortical Screw, 2006
  • Two-year post-operative evaluation of a patient with a symptomatic full-thickness patellar defect repaired with particulated juvenile cartilage tissue. J of Knee Surgery, October 2010, 109-114, 2010
  • An Alternative Technique to Avoid Injury to the Medial Femoral Condyle when Reaming the Femoral Tunnel during ACL Reconstruction:Arthroscopy Techniques, 2016
  • New and Emerging Techniques in Cartilage Repair, 2013:21:82
  • Repair of SLAP lesions associated with a Buford complex: a novel surgical technique. Arthroscopy 27(3):314-21., 2011
  • Impact of Hamstring Graft Diameter on Tendon Strength: A Biomechanical Study; Arthroscopy; Vol 31 (6): Apr 2015;1084-1090, Apr 2015

Memberships & Affiliations

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bonner

Dr. Bonner?
Dr. Bonner's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD
I would not have anyone else work on my shoulder but Dr. Bonner. I had my first surgery 3 1/2 years ago with great results and another injury to the same shoulder is prompting surgery #2 in the near future. I have total confidence in Dr. Bonner and his skills.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr Bonner was very thorough in his explanation of my shoulder problem. He took his time with me and put things in terms that were easy to understand. Thus far I’m am totally pleased with Dr Bonner and would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr. Bonner successfully performed my rotator cuff surgery 2 years ago. He told me up front that physical therapy would be painful but I would have a full recovery in approximately a year. I was compliant and did exercises at home and physical therapy 3x a week for several weeks. I am 100% healed. He is personable and patient in answering questions. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Wait time was very short, staff is very personable, friendly and satisfied my needs very well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr. Bonner was very informative before the surgery, which went very well. The follow-up visits were helpful and the results have been great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr Bonner and his PA Sabrina Gill were excellent. Rotator Cuff surgery 10/2018 and five months later feeling much better with almost no pain and improving daily. After my five month visit I am good to go with another 5-7 months of taking it easy. Dr Bonner is the shoulder expert highly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
KDr Bonner was very informative about my problem during our first visit. Surgery went well and I have no problems at this time. I feel he was there if I needed him and even now I know I could call and get help if needed. Dr Bonner had a wonderful PA who I saw after the surgery. I was in therapy 2 days after surgery. That was not easy but helped healing faster. Over all I was very pleased with Dr. Bonner and his staff. I already have recommended him for shoulder surgery to a few people.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Last year, my husband underwent shoulder surgery w Dr. Bonner. The entire experience was amazing, and choosing Dr. Bonner was the best decision. Dr. Bonner, Sabrina, and his team provided excellent care, the surgeon's skill & knowledge are top notch in his field, and Post operatively the shoulder is completely healed. We heard horror stories about others having this surgery so we are very happy w outcome. NO postop pain & quick healing. Dr. Bonner's care & technique made all the difference!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr. Bonner has wonderful, kind and gracious disposition. He never seems rushed, always taking time to answer questions and explain procedures. He and his staff more than met my expectations for surgery, post op and follow up care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
I have already recommended Dr. Bonner to my family and friends. They couldn't be happier with him. He is a wonderful doctor and person. He talks to you not at you. I was released from my second surgery last week. I am moving out of the state in April, but if I ever need another surgery I will be traveling back to see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr. Bonner restored my rotator cuff muscles to full functionality following surgery in September, 2018. Two of the muscles had severe tears. He is an incredibly talented surgeon and an extremely kind individual. Both Dr. Bonner and his P.A. took all the time I needed to address questions and explain my injury. My experience with both Dr. Bonner and his staff were nothing but positive...I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr. Bonner repaired my RH rotator cuff. He was recommended as the best in the area. I am very pleased with the outcome of my surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr. Bonner assessed my shoulder injury and described my options for recovery. He prescribed the appropriate treatment and followed my progress. He is a careful listener and an empathetic and kind physician. I could not have hoped for a better outcome from my injury. His staff members are very professional and helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr. Bonner and his staff are friendly, caring, and the total wait time is always short. Dr. Bonner diagnosed my shoulder issue in a very short time. He recommended surgery, and told me what to expect every step of the way, even through recovery. His staff was always available to me by telephone if I needed them. Since surgery, my quality of life has improved 100%, all due to Dr. Bonner's care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr. Kevin Bonner provided my mother with the most thorough assessment and compassionate care of any physician I have ever seen. He ordered more tests and showed more concern about her case in 30 days than previous ORTHO specialists had done in 2 years. He explained all options and ultimately recommended surgery. We've seen many doctors for mom's bone, joint and nerve-related issues. Many were dismissive; negligent even. This man treated her with such dignity, we have told many about his care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr Bonner was wonderful. He did my elbow and shoulder at the same time. I experienced very little pain after surgery and through PT. I highly recommend him and his staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr Bonner performed very extensive surgery on my right shoulder in April of this year and yesterday I was cleared for all activity as tolerated. I don't think I could have had a better outcome. I experienced very little pain after the surgery and through out required physical therapy. His technique is amazing and his personality is one that you wish every doctor had. I'm sure at some point I will need the shoulder looked at and will not hesitate to go back. Thank you Dr. Bonner! Pam Kavadias
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr Bonner & Sabrina are the best practicing physicians I've had the pleasure to see in a very, very long time. I had shoulder surgery without encountering any issues whatsoever. Between those two and Kelly at Southeastern Physical Therapy on McComas Way, I couldn't be any happier with my treatment and recovery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr. Bonner and Ms. Gill were absolutely the best to have take care of you. I had never had a surgery before and they were patient and explained everything in detail to me and made sure that I felt comfortable. When I was in the recovery process they were so understanding and took great care of me. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Bonner, MD?
Dr. Bonnor was excellent. I had shoulder surgery for a rotator cuff tear and a torn bicep tendon. The whole experience went as well as it could go from start to me being set free yesterday. I highly would recommend his expertise.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Bonner?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Bonner treats patients.