Dr. Kevin Balter, MD

Anesthesiology | Male

Dr. Kevin Balter, MD
Dr. Kevin Balter, MD is an anesthesiology doctor who practices in Omaha, NE. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 31 years.

Dr. Balter's Experience

See how Dr. Balter's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Balter

Dr. Balter accepts 30 insurance carriers

Dr. Balter is now accepting new patients

Dr. Balter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Balter to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Balter's Performance
in Omaha, NE |
Hello viewer's my name is Harriett and here is my feedback on my doctor Mr. Kevin Balter. MD He is the best doctor I have met he made me feel welcome and appreciated I must say all the employees and staff are very kind, respectful, and most amazing I truly recommend Midwest Pain Clinic Doctor Kevin Balter MD on North 90th in Omaha Nebraska to friends, families, and the viewer's because he is the best.
New York, NY |
Waited forever to see him. He seemed like he was in a rush and quickly rushed through my appointment. Has no empathy and compassion. Left with pain and can't believe he stole some other doctors specialty spot just for the greed of it. Didn't really seem to care that I was in pain. You also pee in a cup as if you were some drug addict.
Omaha, NE |
Dr Balter is a VERY compassionate and capable doc. He listened to me when I felt at my vulnerable worst, when I had become angry and distrustful dealing with my pain and addiction for so long. I felt no one understood or cared to help me. I thought Dr Balter would be one more disappointment but he did not give up on me and that gave me hope and confidence to embrace his help. That was my best decision! I am grateful to feel normal again & regain my self respect. Thank you Dr Balter!
Omaha, NE |
Dr. Balter is a wonderful physician. He is compassionate, he listens, and he helped me with my pain so that I did not have to give up my air force career. He got me off of opioids which was required to keep my job. I had seen four previous pain doctors and was not helped. If I wasn't so desperate I probably would have given up before seeing Dr Balter. Thank the lord I didn't give up!
in Omaha, NE |
After 3 years He is still in a hurry and tends not to listen. He had an assistant, a nurse practitioner, Kim Craig that was incredible AAA! Due to her I stayed with the clinic, however she didn't stay there long! I am retired military and I have moved 18 times and had 18 different pain MD's and most are all the same! It appears from discussions with the Dr's that the insurance companies screw them hard on most issues, however they get paid extremely well for the Radio Freq. Procedures!
in Omaha, NE |
my experience with Dr. Kevin Balter were horrible,he does not listen to you, he is very arrogant,this Dr. do not have any compassion, in my opinion he is in the wrong field of work.
in Omaha, NE |
dr.balter do not listen to you, he is very arrogant
in Omaha NE |
Having exhausted all other options to treat my chronic pain associated with my cervical degenerative disc disease and acute pain associated with my total knee replacement, I was referred to Dr Balter. From the first visit I could tell he was exceptionally compassionate. Unlike MANY other doctors, he actually LISTENED to me. Two years later he remains the KINDEST, MOST CONCERNED doctor I have ever visited. His staff also rocks and are always unbelievably professional in a very busy practice!!!
in Omaha, NE |
Dr Balter has helped me greatly. I came addicted to narcotics (I was buying oxycodone on the streets, and getting prescriptions from several doctors). Dr Balter offered me help to get off these drugs and he found effective ways to control my neck pain without more prescriptions. At first I was skeptical and stopped seeing him but my wife encouraged me to go back and Dr Balter was not mad at me but treated me with respect and the rest is history.
in Omaha, NE |
Dr. Balter must not read his patient's prior medical history before seeing them. His main goal was to not actually treat the problem with medication or other interventions. It was to withdraw from pain meds and prevent addiction. That's all good and well. However, that still leaves the patient with chronic pain and no real solution. His bedside manner is atrocious as he comes off arrogant and as a know it all. I waited over an hour just to SEE him in an exam room.
in Omaha Nebraska |
This is one of the more compassionate doctor. Shows compassion to my concerns and is always open to any of my concerns and ideas for my treatment. I would definitely encourage anybody that's coming here to request him as he does a wonderful job and has a good sense of humor. Very nice and caring As any doctor would be, i would describe him also very knowledgeable ln his field. I feel comfortable enough that if I have to I would take my daughter to see him for medical Thank you Doctor
Omaha, NE |
Don't look any farther than Dr Balter for pain management. I've been around the block seeing chiropractors, an acupuncturist, physical therapists, other pain doctors, Christ I even tried magnets! Only Dr Balter figured out how to help me. I'm motivated to give this encouraging review in the hope that this helps someone else like me end the suffering.
Omaha, NE |
I can recommend Dr Balter most highly to anybody with horrible pain including my family. Its obvious Dr Balter worked very hard to help me (very successfully), most importantly he didn't give up. Other pain doctors before Dr Balter did give up on me when their standard cookie cutter treatments didn't work. I was very frustrated and even short tempered at first with Dr Balter but because he was encouraging he helped me through my emotional pain, not just my physical pain. Bless him!
in Omaha, NE |
Dr Balter is a wonderful pain doctor. He got rid of my neck pain and headaches so that I could go back to work, see my friends, play with my grandchildren, and just feel like a human being again. I had seen many doctors for years before Dr Balter that could not help me and got me so drugged up I could barely think. I am now off pain and psych meds. Dr Balter is passionate about helping, he took the time to listen to me. He helped my wife to understand I wasn't making things up. Now she sees him.
in Omaha, NE |
Dr. Balter was able to diagnose and treat me quickly. The treatments helped a lot.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Balter, MD?
Are you Dr. Balter?

Compare Dr. Balter

Dr. Balter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Anesthesiology
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology
  •  Malpractice claims in Nebraska not available
  •  Sanctions found
  •  Board actions found

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

Dr. Balter has received 3 sanctions

• Disciplinary action in another state (6/29/2015)
    • Action Taken: License Restricted
    • State: New York
    • Physical or Mental Condition (1/14/2015)
    • Action Taken: Probation
    • Other (6/24/2013)
    • Action Taken: Probation
    • State: Nebraska

Dr. Balter has 4 board actions

• Physical or Mental Condition (1/11/2017)
    • Action Taken: Probation Terminated (Ended)
    • Summary: Balter, Kevin Scott MD: License # 35120887: JAUNARY 11, 2017 - PROBATION TERMIANTED: The State Medical Board of Ohio GRANTED the physician's request for release from the terms of the 12-16-2014 Board Order.
    • State: Ohio
    • Physical or Mental Condition (10/14/2015)
    • Action Taken: Other actions
    • Summary: Balter, Kevin Scott MD: License # 35120887: OCTOBER 14, 2015 - PROBATIONARY REQUEST: The Ohio State Medical Board GRANTED the physician's request to approve the distressed physician's program requirement.
    • State: Ohio
    • Physical or Mental Condition (4/8/2015)
    • Action Taken: Other actions
    • Summary: Balter, Kevin Scott MD: License # 35120887: APRIL 8, 2015 - PROBATIONARY REQUEST: The Ohio State Medical Board has GRANTED the physician’s request to approve assessing and treating psychiatrist .
    • State: Ohio
    • Physical or Mental Condition (3/11/2015)
    • Action Taken: Other actions
    • Summary: Balter, Kevin Scott MD: License # 351210887: MARCH 11, 20145 – PROBATIONARY REQEUST: The State Medical Board of Ohio has GRANTED the physician’s request to approve monitoring physician. The frequency and number of charts to be reviewed by monitor has been established.

Why It Matters: Dr. Balter's Board Certifications

Johns Hopkins U Johns Hopkins Hosp

Completed in 1990

Cornell Medical School

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Balter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Balter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Anesthesiology