Dr. Kerry Whitt, MD

Dr. Kerry Whitt, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Kerry Whitt, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Raleigh, NC. He is 43 years old. Read his story

2601 Lake Dr Ste 201

Raleigh, NC 27607

• MedCost

Learn about Dr. Whitt

See how frequently Dr. Whitt performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gastrointestinal Diseases
Stomach Diseases
Abdominal Disorders

Dr. Whitt's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Whitt's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Whitt "Dr. Whitt is a Virginia native. He earned his medical degree from the University of Virginia School of Medicine. He completed his residency training in Internal Medicine at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Gastroenterology fellowship at the University of Tennessee, and Hepatology fellowship at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, and has a Certificate of Added Qualification in Transplant Hepatology. He has been the most recent addition to the group, joining in 2012. His clinical interests include the study of liver diseases and therapeutic endoscopy including ERCP. He and his wife live in Raleigh with their three children. In his free time, Dr. Whitt enjoys running and spending time with his family."

• Gastroenterology

• Food Poisoning
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Bile Duct Procedure
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University Of Virginia / Main Campus
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University Of Alabama At Birmingham
  • Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Tennessee
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Whitt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Whitt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Whitt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Whitt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Whitt to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Whitt's Performance
in Apex, NC |
I just want to thank you and your staff for making my experience at your office a positive one. To be honest, I was not expecting to have a good experience. You and your staff, from the ladies at the check in desk to the guy wheeling me out to my car, were very friendly, courteous, and professional.
Matthews, NC |
Could not have had a better colonoscopy experience. This doctor really cares about his patients and is a genuinely nice person.
Clayton, NC |
Had a very difficult time getting any information from their office. Left several messages that were unreturned.
in Garner |
Can't speak highly enough of Dr Whitt's professional practice and his contribution of knowledge about our issues. Was very informative, logical with no fluff. We wanted honesty and straight forward answers. So proactive and genuinely concerned. Refreshing change to walk away from the doctors office feeling confident in our decisions. Bed side manners impeccable. He even helped me to the car. Class act??
in Sanborn,NY |
This Dr. DOES NOT even deserve one star!!! He treated my twin sister for a disease she DID NOT even have and she could have died!!! Then he gives up on her,who does that??!!!!
in Clayton, NC |
I was treated with steroids and 4 infusions of Remicade for crohns disease and I don't even have it. In fact,I have no signs of IBD. After months of constant pain and weight loss I sought another opinion. Thank God I did. I was misdiagnosed and have NO signs of crohns disease or any IBD. I ended up malnourished and needing surgery for other reasons that were causing the stomach pain. I would never recommend Dr. Whitt. He doesn't listen. Also, his P.A. Ellen gave me results to my test that were c
Garner, NC |
Very professional operation. Doctor and staff proved to be pleasant, friendly, compassionate and communicative.
Garner, NC |
I recently had a colonoscopy at the Clayton facility. Dr. Whitt and all of the staff were so kind, understanding...and very knowledgeable. This was my third one over many years with other doctors. This was, by far, the very best experience. I will definitely go back to Dr. Whitt for my next one!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Kerry Whitt is The Best!! I had a colonoscopy yesterday morning at RMG Gastroenterology and was impressed with the staff and quality of care from the moment I walked in the door. I highly recommend the RMG and especially Dr. Whitt, many thanks!
in Clayton |
Dr. Whitt diagnosed me with UC five years ago. He is by far the best doctor of any kind I have had. He is very personable and takes time to get to know his patients. He always answers my questions honestly and works very closely with me to keep my disease in check. I point anyone needing a routine colonoscopy or having GI problems in his direction.
in Raleigh, NC |
I can only recommend Dr Whitt, I had my Colonoscopy on Monday , but Dr Whitt really took he's time to explaind everything. I will make sure I will request Dr Whitt for my next one.
Clayton, NC |
I had a great experience at his office and the endoscopy center. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. Dr. Whitt takes his time with you to answer all questions, and you never feel rushed. I would recommend seeing him for any GI needs!
in Smithfield NC |
Really concerned about finding out what was going on with my weight loss
in Garner, NC |
Any GI doctor can do a competent colonoscopy. Dr. Whitt took time after the procedure to answer questions and explain results. He is very personable, and if I need any further GI treatment, I'll call him first. The entire staff was pleasant and friendly, and I would recommend them to anyone.
in Raleigh , NC |
My experience was very positive considering the unpleasant circumstances. I would definitely recommend this doctor. Really made me feel at ease. The staff was also amazing.
Cary, NC |
He does not listen to the patient's complaint. Even after multiple calls back he kept referring to the wrong ailment. He ran costly and unnecessary test.
NC |
This doctor is a joke! Comes across as caring and knowledgeable and acts like he wants to do everything he can to help you. After doing a colonoscopy, the office gives you a packet and the first paper is one suggesting you go to Healthgrades etc to give him a good review. That's a little desperate. His nurse is just as bad. No urgency, non caring and lazy. Don't waste your time or money.
in Clayton, nc |
He has the most insensitive nurse working for him. She does not ever express any sympathy for the patient's sickness or what they are going through. There is no sense of urgency in getting back to the patient if they have an issue going on or when they call. Call backs are NEVER the same day or within 24 hours. I honestly would not recommend this doctor.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr Whitt recently did an endoscopy on me in the hospital. He was very professional and had great bed side manners. So glad he was my dr.
in Clayton, NC |
He is caring and diligent. I have recommended him to several friends.
Have you seen Dr. Kerry Whitt, MD?
Are you Dr. Whitt?