Dr. Kerry D. Solomon, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Solomon's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Solomon's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Ophthalmologynull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Solomon

Dr. Solomon accepts 12 insurance carriers

12 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Solomon has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Solomon

Dr. Solomon's Review Details
      4.8 based on 189 responses
      Experience with Dr. Solomon
      Dr. Solomon's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (182)
      in Awendaw, SC |
      My experience with Dr. Solomon was excellent. He is an excellent surgeon--knowledgeable and skilled. My only difficulty was with my prescriptions. I did not know that the two cararact surgeries required separate prescriptions for each eye, which complicated refills. The second prescription set actually did not get sent to the pharmacy until I tried to refill. The process needed to have been explained.
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Clarissa is fabulous!! What a great person. She made the entire experience amazing. She is special- you need to keep her! Everyone has been fantastic from Dr. Hood to Dr. Solomon. It was a scary procedure and everyone made it easier for me. My vision is excellent! Thank you everyone! I really liked the Georgia Bull Dog teddy! Make me feel better holding on to him even at my age!
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Great experience from start to finish
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Both the staff and Dr. Solomon were extremely attentive and made the experience very enjoyable. Reading through all of the documents did make me a bit nervous with the procedure itself, but even after only one day, my vision and comfort are doing fantastic. Just remember to keep up with your prescribed meds to help the healing process. Would highly recommend!
      in Charleston, SC |
      Very positive experience. Kind staff, very efficiently run office.
      in Daniel Island, SC |
      Clarissa was AWESOME! Brianna shouldn't be allowed on spotify...Hit me baby one more time. Thanks for everything. I can see!
      in Charleston, SC |
      The experience with Dr. Solomon was fantastic. Everything went great and my vision is better than perfect! I couldn't be more happy with my vision! The staff in the office was amazing, they make you feel at home and treat you like your the only patient!
      in Columbia, SC |
      My experience was definitely pleasing for me--especially not knowing what to expect. I had LASIK done on both of my eyes and after 1-day post-op, I am amazed at the improvement already. Dr. Solomon was a straight forward person--not overly fluffy with showmanship or chit chat. To some, that may not be the welcoming warmness but for me, it's exactly what I want. He was there to improve my vision, which is EXACTLY what he did. Dr. Hood was extraordinary and the staff was AWESOME. Highly recommend.
      Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Staff was efficient and very friendly. Dr Solomon and Dr Hood both took time to answer questions and address concerns. Clarise, Dr Solomon's nurse, was great during pre-Lasix testing.
      Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Great staff, quick appointment times, not a lot of wait. They made the entire procedure easy an enjoyable. Highly recommend.
      in Charleston, SC |
      I recently received LASIK surgery from Dr. Solomon. His staff is absolutely wonderful. It was very comforting come the day of surgery to see and be with the same smiling positive faces during the treatment. Clarissa was one of the most energetic and caring staff members I've met. I can't begin to explain how exciting it was to be able to see without glasses or contacts for the first time in 18 years! I highly recommend this is anyone!
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      I was so nervous and excited for this surgery! Dr. Solomon and his entire team eased my worries, did an overwhelmingly successful job giving me visual freedom, and made me feel like I was the only patient in the office. I would recommend Dr. Solomon to anyone who is unhappy with their current view:).
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Dr. Solomon and his nurses were very coordinated during the procedure and made me feel comfortable. There was no pain experienced during the procedure and it was much quicker than I originally expected.
      in Ladson, SC |
      From start to finish its been GREAT!!! The staff is so friendly and made me feel comfortable during the whole process.
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      the staff was awesome and the process was timeless i enjoyed each visit
      in 1107 harts bluff rdwadmalaw islsMount Pleasant, SC |
      very nice staff lots of pretty women
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      My experience has been wonderful! Dr. Solomon and all of his staff are very welcoming, knowledgeable, and reassuring. I came into the LASIK experience nervous and left completely satisfied!
      in Irmo, SC |
      Wonderful bedside manner, great attitude, very informative, and exceptionally warm and courteous. I without reservation recommend Dr. Solomon to my friends and family.
      in Hanahan, SC |
      It was great I loved Clarissa, she made the experience a positive one. Along with the rest of the staff, she made me feel welcomed and under the best care possible from the first day. Dr. Solomon himself was very professional and I knew that I was in good hands. So far, I can say that I am satisfied with the procedure.
      Mount Pleasant, SC |
      The staff was excellent and positive. Dr. Solomon was great during the procedure. Talked me through it and made the experience easy. I loved how the entire OR group cheered when i stood up and could see!!
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Dr. Solomon and Clarissa were great in helping me with my LASIK procedure. Clarissa made you feel like a friend right away and put me at ease with all the information they give you. Dr. Solomon made sure I knew about all my options prior to surgery and made me feel at ease during the procedure. He talked me through so I knew what to expect. I would highly recommend Dr. Solomon and his team for LASIK surgery!
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      The staff was very helpful and friendly, they took very good care in answering all of my questions as well as being very thorough. I could not be more pleased with the ease of procedure as well as results after recieving LASIK treatment.
      in Charleston, SC |
      Dr. Solomon's office has been a wonderful experience. I elected to get LASIK surgery and the whole process, from getting information before considering it, up to surgery day and recovery has been very pleasant and easy! The surgery itself was super fast and I have had no issues so far (1 day post surgery). All the staff is so nice and I couldn't ask for another better office than this one! Definitely recommend to any and every one on the fence!
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Wonderful - warm, kind, knowledgable staff and thorough, thoughtful care
      in Summerville, SC |
      From start to finish the whole experience has been outstanding. The staff was amazing, caring, dedicated and friendly. Clarissa specifically displayed dedication and hustle not commonly seen in today's world and made me feel like so much more than just another patient. She genuinely cares!! I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. I am extremely happy with the results thus far and look forward to continued improvement.
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Doctor Solomon, Doctor Hood, and the staff were very helpful in explaining the procedure to me and giving me the information I needed to prepare for Lasik and take care of my eyes.
      in Summerville, SC |
      Dr. Solomon and his team were great. Warm and friendly from the moment I walked in the door and helped relax me before my treatment. They told me exactly what to expect during the procedure and walked me through the steps as it was being done. I would definitely recommend Dr. Solomon to anyone interested in vision correction procedures. Thank you for helping me see clearly again!
      in Surfside Beach, SC |
      I will recommend Dr. Solomon to everyone. He was very informative and answered all of my questions. I felt extremely comfortable through every step. I didn't feel rushed at all. He took his time with me. I had PRK/ASA Lasik done. I'm over joyed with how well I could see right after the surgery. There was a clock on the wall and I could read it as soon as I stood up.. I'm 3 weeks post and I see perfect...
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      He makes sure to make your experience as great as possible
      in Austin, TX |
      One of the easiest procedures of my life. Pain free, anxiety-free, and everybody was super supportive and answered any questions I had. Dr. Tremblay and staff really made it a worthwhile experience and I recommend him and his staff to all patients considering LASIK.
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      wouldn't change a thing, everything was simple and smooth
      Mount Pleasant, SC |
      My vision is spectacular! The amazing staff made me feel very comfortable the whole time. The procedure was easy and painless and Dr. Solomon is second to none in care. The best part is when they ask you to read the clock after the procedure and everyone in the room cheers. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
      Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Dr. Solomon is an excellent physician. He listens and cares about his patients. He is extremely skilled in what he does. I had an excellent experience before, during and after my LASIK procedure. He and his staff made me feel very comfortable and attended to all my needs and questions. My vision is great and I am very thankful. I am so glad I chose to have my surgery with Dr. Solomon.
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Dr. Solomon & Dr. Hood were fantastic! Very friendly and patient staff that helped put me at ease every step along the way. The process was painless with no surprises.
      in Murrells Inlet, SC |
      He was great during the surgery because he talked to me the whole time to keep me calm.
      in Johns Island, SC |
      This has been a great experience so far! I had my LASIK surgery yesterday and was able to drive to my appointment today. The staff is incredible- so energetic, fun and they know what they're doing! Drs Solomon & Hood have been great to work with and I felt very comfortable with their expertise & care.
      in Charleston, SC |
      Awesome experience with a great doctor and staff.
      in SMOAKS, SC |
      i HAD A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. ALL THE STAFF WERE VERY HELPFUL AND NICE. THE PROCEDURE WAS MUCH FASTER THAN I EXPECTED WITH VERY VERY MINIMAL DISCOMFORT. I WOULD RECOMMEND DR. SOLOMON AND HIS STAFF.
      in Myrtle Beach, SC |
      As a Nurse Anesthetist I was extremely nervous with having any procedure performed on my eyes considering my career depended on it. My vision was extremely poor and have worn contacts for 15 years. Dr Soloman corrected my vision with the Lasik procedure and I could not be happier. My vision is crisp, precise, and no more contacts for me. His staff was extremely friendly and informative during my initial visit, the day of procedure and post procedure. 5 Stars for Dr Soloman and his team!!!
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Dr. Solomon made sure I was comfortable and did stop in the middle of the procedure to make sure I was okay. The staff is absolutely amazing and they make sure that they do everything they can to make sure you are comfortable. Not only the patient but the person that may be accompaning the patient. Overall, they seem like they geniunely care.
      in Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Everything was incredibly easy and straight forward. All of the doctors/staff seem to be on the same page about everything so they are all giving you the same information throughout your several visits leading up to getting LASIK. They almost have it running like an assembly line without compromising being extremely friendly and catering. I felt very cared for during my time at Dr. Solomon's office.
      in North Charleston, SC |
      Staff is very knowledgable and friendly. They made me feel very comfortable and at home.
      in Summerville, SC |
      They completely put you at ease and thoroughly explain the process. I would highly, highly, Dr. Solomon and his team. My vision was greatly improved immediately after surgery. 24 hours later, I was seeing better than 20/20. Can't say enough good things about Dr. Solomon and his team.
      in Goose Creek, SC |
      Awesome to be able to go from nearly blind to clear uncorreted vision. Wish I had done it years ago.
      in Charleston, SC |
      Dr. Solomon and his staff provided the best possible results for my procedure. It has truly been a life changing experience. Everyone was extremely helpful and the staff made it a very comfortable experience.
      Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Everyone in surgery center and office get along so well and make you feel comfortable.
      in Summerville, SC |
      Dr. Solomon and his staff were exceptional throughout the entire process. From consultation to procedure, they all made sure I understood & was comfortable with everything, every step of the way! I have already recommended him to a few friends & I anticipate more!
      Mount Pleasant, SC |
      Dr Solomon is clearly an expert in his field. When it comes to your eyes don't take any chances. Go to the best.....Dr Solomon. I'm now enjoying 20/15 vision and if any adjustments are needed at any point in the future, it's covered!
      I would recommend dr Solomon to everyone I come in contact with it has been life changing. He has an amazing atff from beginning to end I appreciate every one on his team at Carolina he care cataract surgery was easy and amazing they even kept a warm blanket around me during the procedure. He has the best staff a patient can ask for. After surgery his staff took great care of me they have an amazing office inoint pleasant
      Have you seen Dr. Solomon?
      Are you Dr. Solomon? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Solomon

• Eye Surgery
      • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
      • Glaucoma Surgery
      • LASIK
      • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

University of Vermont / College of Medicine

University Of Ut Med Center
        Johns Hopkins University / School of Medicine
        University of Utah Hospital

Completed in 1988

Dr. Solomon has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Solomon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
      • Board certified in Ophthalmology
      • Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Solomon

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Solomon's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Solomon

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Solomon's Care Philosophy

Although we work with remarkable vision correction technology every day, we never lose focus on what is important to you: the different better vision will make in your life and what it can enable you to accomplish. Dr. Solomon and his team consistently deliver care that exceeds his patients' expectations.