Dr. Kerri Larovere, MD

Pediatrics | Female

Dr. Kerri Larovere, MD
As a member of the Neurocritical Care program within the Neurology department, I provide consults on the ICU Neurology Consult service. I am also actively engaged in clinical research in Neurocritical care. I have collaborated with others in the field on a paper describing our model at Boston Children's Hospital. I also served as the site PI for the "PANGEA" study (Prevalence of Acute critical Neurological disease in children: a Global Epidemiological Assessment), which was an international multi-center point prevalence study to describe the epidemiology and gross outcomes of acute critical neurological disease in critically-ill children. I am currently the site PI for the "ADAPT" trial (Approaches and Decisions for Acute Pediatric TBI), which is a multi-center, international study to determine optimal management strategies for children with severe traumatic brain injury. I have specific training and expertise in a cranial ultrasound technique known as transcranial Doppler (TCD) ultrasonography, and my main focus is on applications of TCD in children in the pediatric ICU setting. I am currently involved in projects using TCD in children treated with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), and in children with congenital heart disease and disorders of increased intracranial pressure, such as traumatic brain injury and hydrocephalus.

Dr. Larovere's Care Philosophy

I was raised to be an honest person, and treat everyone with respect and dignity. I bring this philosophy to every child and family I encounter. I am an outstanding listener and truly care about my patients and their families. I grew up with several close family members who had epilepsy, and I learned first hand how to care for children with seizures. Throughout medical school, I was always drawn to learning about anatomy of the brain, and the effects of illness on the brain. Shortly after finishing residency, a severe neurologic illness affected my mother-in-law, and this solidified my lifelong desire to learn about and care for individuals with neurological conditions.

Dr. Larovere's Experience

See how Dr. Larovere's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Larovere

Dr. Larovere accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Larovere is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Larovere has admitting privileges.

Dr. Larovere's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. Larovere?

Compare Dr. Larovere

Dr. Larovere says...

Dr. Larovere's Care Philosophy

Dr. Larovere's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatrics
  •  Board certified in Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology and Pediatrics

Dr. Larovere has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Larovere's Board Certifications

• Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology
  • Pediatrics

• Cerebrovascular Disease

Tufts University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 2009

Tufts University School of Medicine/The Floating Hospital for Children, Neurology

Completed in 2004

Tufts University School of Medicine/The Floating Hospital for Children, Pediatrics

Completed in 2009

Boston Children's Hospital, Pediatric Critical Care

Completed in 2008

Massachusets General Hospital/Brigham & WOmen's Hospital, Adult Vascular and Critical Care Neurology

Completed in 2009

Brown University

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Larovere does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Larovere and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatrics