Dr. Kern Singh, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Kern Singh, MD
Dr. Kern Singh, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Westchester, IL. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Singh is affiliated with Rush University Medical Center.

Dr. Singh's Care Philosophy

My practice focuses exclusively on Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery. These techniques allow for the treatment of debilitating spinal disorders with much quicker recovery, improved pain relief, and a faster return to activity and sport. Rush University Medical Center is a leading hospital in the state and the country and allows me to provide patients with the STATE OF THE ART care unavailable elsewhere. A comprehensive team approach allows us to handle problems from the straight-forward to the most complicated of spinal surgeries. Revision surgeries, failed fusions, spinal fractures, we handle everything.

Dr. Singh's Experience

See how Dr. Singh's experience matches your preferences.

View Video

Visiting Dr. Singh

Dr. Singh accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Singh is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Singh has admitting privileges.

Dr. Singh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Singh to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Singh's Performance
in Glen Ellen, il |
I am very thankful to be the recipient of dr Singh talent and hard work. Choosing a back operation is a difficult decision. Lots of pain and reduced capabilities led me to my decision. I feel like I have been given an extension of enjoyable and fulfilling life.
in Chicago, IL |
Had a great experience with Dr. Singh and his staff, and couldn't be happier with the results. I was having serious sciatic pain, and after the surgery I was up and moving right away. I'm now 6 weeks out and ready to get back in the gym, feeling great.
Westchester, IL |
Dr. Singh is an excellent physician with unparalleled skill and bedside manner to match. He did my minimally invasive procedure that allowed me to go back to taking care of my patients in no time. I would highly recommend Dr. Singh
in My Henry il |
After surgery I kept asking myself why I had waited so long! Dr Singh made the entire process simple and painless. I can't speak more highly of dr Singh and his staff. My strongest comment is don't wait so long!!
in Westchester, IL |
Dr. Singh's calm, professional manner was reassuring as I contemplated spinal surgery. He thoroughly explained the procedure, anticipating most of my questions, then took the time to answer the few I still had. The incision from the surgery is minimal and has healed quickly.
in Milwaukee, wi |
I was referred to Dr. Singh after an unsuccessful spinal fusion in Milwaukee, WI. I was seen by two doctors in Milwaukee and neither could help me this was out of their skill set but referred me to Dr. Singh. I had to come to to Chicago several times and was taken off all of the narcotics that the Milwaukee pain doctors had me on which was painful, but it was so I would have a better outcome from surgery. I lived on these medicines for four years and now two weeks post surgery I feel great!!
in Darien, IL |
Wonderful experience! If I had to have this surgery, I knew who I would trust. I wanted the best surgeon to operate on my back. I would (and d) recommend MOR to friends, family and co-workers. The people at Rush were a class act start to finish!
in Broadview, IL |
My experience with Dr. Singh has been Positive in the truest sense. I've regained all of the feeling in my leg and all of the pain is gone. What I was told would happen prior to surgery did indeed happen.
in Westchester, IL |
Dr Singh did a phenomenal job of assessing the problem I had when I initially came into his office. He identified why I was having consistent pain and also explained why the conventional approaches to pain management I was taking did not work. I immediately signed up for surgery and have been pain-free ever sense. Bravo to Dr. Singh and his team.
in Westchester, IL |
I strongly recommend Dr. Singh. Highly experience and knowledgeable he transmits you the confidence you need to analysis your options. After surgery I feel 100% recovered and I'm grateful to have met him and taken the surgery option.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Singh suggested spinal surgery, and I was not on board. After a year of other methods I resulted in having the first fusion... when the pain occurred three years afterwards, I went back to Dr Singh and we realized there was another level damaged and needed surgery... having the fusion has given me the ability to have back, the quality of life I had prior to the pain...
in Willowbrook, IL |
Dr. Singh did amazing job and took away all my pain that I was having for 3 years before the surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Singh and staff to everyone that needs back surgery.
Broadview, IL |
I'm continuing to heal after my 5/19/17 TLIF spine surgery and every day there's improvement. Doc Singh is an excellent surgeon and his staff are excellent as well. Definitely no regrets!
in Chicago, IL |
I can't say more about the entire process. From the front desk to the visits with staff to my first appt with the doctor. He eased my mind about the myths associated with fusion surgery and described the entire process. The surgery went off without a hitch. After three to five days I was out and about walking and socializing. I did not need any pain killers after two days. It changed my life after years of pain.
in OAk Park |
Ten years ago, my new PCP at Rush Oak Park referred me to Dr.Singh after at least three ER visits and three inpatient hospitalizations for osteomyelitis. Two other teaching hospitals and another orthopedic surgeon had failed me. Dr. SIngh saved my life, rebuilt my spine in a 10 hour surgery. Ten years later, I returned to him for a minimally invasive procedure. Four months afterward, I traveled to Paris where I walked five miles a day! He's a rock star and all around nice guy.
in Westchester, IL |
Dr.Singh is very well knowledgeable in his field of medicine. I had lumbar spine fusion surgery that he and his team conducted on me, and I will say I could recommend anyone else, but him. My pain was gone right after surgery, which did not take long at all. Thank you Dr. K. Singh and your team.
in Valparaiso, Indiana |
I had been dealing with back pains for a few years that had progressively gotten worse to where I was eventually, in constant pain. After this surgery I am now pain free! Also I am taking NO medications! I recommend Dr Kern Singh and this surgery to everyone that is suffering back pains.
in Chicago, IL |
Amazing disc replacement in my neck. Went home the same day! back to work 72hours later
in Chicago, IL |
I have needed Dr Singh twice in the past 5 years. He has done surgery on me with excellent success! I was able to return to a normal life with the activities and sports I love to do. His bedside manner is excellent. He takes the time with you explaining everything. He genuinely cares. I would highly recommend him to my family, friends or anyone that needs orthopedic spine care! Will use him again if needed.
in Chicago, IL |
I would recommend Dr. Kern Singh to family and friends. He is personable and very easy to talk to. He explained my medical condition and how the surgical procedure would be performed. Christopher McGee, the PA, was always available for questions before and after the procedure. He was very reassuring about any concerns I had post-op. I would highly recommend Dr Kern Singh and his medical team for their excellence in orthopedic care. As a nurse, I valued his professionalism and knowledge
Westchester, IL |
Dr. Singh is a phenomenal doctor. He is very knowledgeable and has a great bed side manner. He fully explained my medical condition and offered options to improve my condition. In the end we decided on the surgery and in only six short months I am back to normal and living a pain free life.
in Forest Park |
I am totally amazed, I can walk with no pain.
in Westchester, IL |
Dr. Singh took the time to explain what was causing my symptoms, surgically corrected the issue, and explained the healing process during post-surgery follow up visits. At some point I will likely need additional cervical surgery, and will be seeing Dr. Singh for that as well.
in Chicago , IL |
Dr.Singh has been my doctor since i had my surgery. He is a very good doctor and my surgery went great with him. I highly recommend him.
in Westchester, IL |
Dr. Singh and his team were very professional and attentive, I would gladly recommend him and his team to anyone having any kind of spinal surgery.
in Westchester, IL |
I had severe back pain and didn't think nothing surgically or scientically would help my back condition. I had the minimum invasive back procedure with Dr Singh and his PA-C Chris, went home after procedure, endured a little pain wish can be expected and amazingly after about a week no back pain at all. I would seriously recommend this procedure to anyone suffering with back pain.
in Westchester, IL |
I have a lot to say about Dr. Singh, his PA staff, and Midwest Orthopedic. I am a police officer and injured my low back in 2012. That's when I met Dr. Singh. I've had 5 back surgeries over 3 separate work related injuries, including a lumbar fusion and fusion revisions. My career and lifestyle is very demanding and strenuous. I am proud to say that Dr. Singh and his staff are the best thing that has happened to me since my injury. I've made a complete recovery thanks to Dr. Singh.
in Westchester, IL |
After years of progressive pain, headaches, loss of balance as well as numbness and tingling, I am free of all those symptoms thanks to Dr. Singh and his staff. From the first visit I felt comfortable and confident. After 3 and a half months and 2 surgeries later, ( both cervical and lumbar), I can say with no hesitation, I would recommend Dr Singh.
Westchester, IL |
We had a friend recommend Dr.Singh to us who had excellent results with a spinal fusion. It has only been 6 weeks since my fusion surgery so am still waiting for complete recovery. At this point I am very pleased with the results, and would recommend Dr, Singh for a spinal fusion,
in Columbus, GA |
The passion that Dr. Singh and his staff share for healing is obvious. Their office is providing world class health care. Dr. Singh quickly identified my husband's problem and recommended a treatment plan. His staff explained the physiology of my husband's neck issue in a way that I easily understood, and they responded to questions and concerns promptly. Everyone in the office is happy to work there, so the patient care is outstanding. We came from out of town and had a great experience.
in Plainfield, IL |
Dr. Singh has surrounded himself with office personnel and physician assistants who understand that patients have names and families, in particular Kaitlyn Angeletti, PA-C. I have worked in the medical industry for 25 years and know anatomy, physiology, and am intimate with surgery but did not share this info with anyone. Kaitlyn explained everything in detail, really listened to me, and has excellent communication skills. I look forward to meeting Dr. Singh as he has a great reputation...thanks
in waiting ln |
Dr. Singh performed 2 surgeries on my back. After my second back injury Dr. Singh told me I needed to have another surgery all I said was let's get it done! I had all the confidence in his abilities and expertise that I didn't give it a second thought. I would recommend him to anyone. My back feels great, no more pain. Thank you and your staff.
in Elwood, IL |
Dr. Singh has changed my life. Thank you my surgery recovery has been excellent. Dr. Singh and his staff have been professional, warm and caring. Thank you again.
in Westchester, IL |
All of my pain associated with the issues in my neck has been alleviated by having this surgery done.
I made an appointment with Dr Singh about 18 months after complications from a cervicle fusion done by another surgeon. For 18 months I was sent Dr to Dr basically with no help. Only solution that was offered was pain medicine, which turned out to be new problems, unknown to me. The whole situation was a nightmare, that's where Dr Singh stepped in. Here we are now 6 weeks after cervicle fusion revision surgery doing much better then previous surgery. Can't thank Dr Singh and his team enough
in Valparaiso IN |
Dr. Singh was great, I had been living with chronic back and leg pain for months. I got a referal to see Dr. Singh and after the first visit he had scheduled the operation. The operation went great everyone was very nice and helpful. Right after the surgery I noticed a big difference in my pain level. It wasn't completely gone but it was greatly reduced. 6 weeks after the operation I am almost pain 90% pain free. I would come back to Dr. Singh and I would recommend my friends and family.
in Westchester, IL |
One of the best Dr. I have ever seen!
in Elk Grove, Il |
I have already recommended people to see the doctor, and would do so in the future. The experience was terrific all around.
Minooka, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Singh to anyone having spine problems. I did my research before having my surgery and he is a top rated surgeon my recovery has gone even better than expected.
in Lombard, Il |
Excellent surgeon. Very professional and caring.
in Plainfield, IL |
I have never seen a doctor dismiss his patients pain/cares/concerns like this doctor! He had access to reports that stated I was still in terrible pain and that although physical therapy was helping I still needed continued care. At my follow up appt, without even examining me,I was told there was nothing more he could do for me. I went back to my primary care dr searching for help. She was disgusted with Dr Singh's care for me and I was referred to a specialist who actually is doing their job.
in Chicago, IL |
Three things you should know before trusting Dr. Singh. 1) After his failed discectomy, Kern put my long-term health in jeopardy because of his inflexible schedule and desire to make $ 2) He will spend almost no time with you whatsoever; basically has PA Chris do and communicate everything 3) In the event something goes wrong (e.g. you reherniate),Dr. Singh is the absolute worst type of doctor to have. His schedule is grossly overbooked and he will not respond to you or get you the help needed
in Elwood, IL |
I had surgery 7 weeks ago and all I can say is thank you, thank you for giving me back my life. The pain that I have had for the past 15 years that the other doctor said surgery "some day"! Thank you again.
Plano, IL |
Total BOGUS doctor. Wasted time going here for a 2nd opinion on disk protrusions. He poked at my back and had me walk, put no tension into resistance assessments, then claimed I was fine and nothing was wrong. Spent 5 minutes max with him. Rude and arrogant, clearly only out for the money. Save yourself time, money, and the frustration, DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. Total JOKE!
in Lombard, IL |
I left an excellent review of Dr. Singh on the "vitals.com" website. I now live a "pain-free" life thanks to Dr. Singh. I told my experience to several people who have asked me to share his information which I did. Brilliant surgeon!
in Chicago, IL |
DrSingh has a gift! I had an acute sudden herniation of my L4 Disk that needed immediate attention making me a required surgical candidate where therapy wouldn't have helped. I had horrific right leg pain, sciatic pain and numbness already had started down the top of my right leg in a short one week upon onset of these symptoms. I had the micro-disectomy with an anterior approach due to the difficult location of my buldge. 100% complete pain removal and numbness gone in one outpatient procedure
in Naperville, Il |
Waited forever, brief exam, never viewed MRI. Extremely poor bed side manor. Never again. He only cares about the paycheck. What a waste of time.
Chicago, IL |
After years of low back and leg pain, consulted with Dr Singh. Amazing improvement immediately after the TILF procedure. After 6 months I am 100% pain free with no limits.
Worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. He was extremely dismissive of my pain and demonstrated no compassion. He spent less than 90 seconds in the room. Can't speak to the skill of his hands surgically but he is entirely lacking in humility or warmth. Everyone should do themselves a favor and find a surgeon who is talented not only technically but is personable, kind, and respectful. I will never visit him again.
in Chicago, IL |
My surgery with Dr Singh was 3 months ago - After having 2 fusions and a cyst removed I am feeling GREAT! (he is a miracle worker)! Honestly , I could barely walk prior to surgery As I am not yet ready to complete a Triathlon I am on my way! I cannot thank Dr. Singh and his staff especially Chris for the care they have given me - They have been WONDERFUL - Just love this office!
Have you seen Dr. Kern Singh, MD?
Are you Dr. Singh?

Compare Dr. Singh

Dr. Singh's Care Philosophy

Dr. Singh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Chicago Top Doctors, 2009
    • Becker's Top 100 Spine Surgeons In America, 2011
    • America's Top 10 Orthopedic Hospital - US News and World Report, 2000-Prese

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Singh's Board Certifications

• Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Infections
  • Spinal Instability
  • Spinal Rigidity

Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University

Graduated in 1999

Rush University Medical Center

Completed in 2004

Emory University

Completed in 2005

Dr. Singh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Singh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement