Dr. Keri Seymour, DO

Dr. Keri Seymour, DO

General Surgery  |
Dr. Keri Seymour, DO is a general surgery specialist in Durham, NC and has been practicing for 3 years. She graduated from Midwestern University Arizona College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 2007 and specializes in general surgery and bariatric surgery.

407 Crutchfield St

Durham, NC 27704

Learn about Dr. Seymour

See how frequently Dr. Seymour performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Esophageal Surgery
high
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
high

Dr. Seymour's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Seymour My clinical interests include gastrointestinal surgery with a focus on gallbladder and gastric disease reflux disease and hernias. Additionally I enjoy working with patients to decide the best treatment for weight loss that will resolve diseases such as diabetes and hypertension. The most satisfying part of my job is when patients are proud of their success and recognize their ability to accomplish their goals. I was raised in upstate NY attended Boston College and spent three years working in Colorado prior to starting medical school in Arizona. I received advanced specialty training in weight loss surgery and endoscopic treatment of reflux disease at Duke in 2014. I enjoy spending my spare time outdoors.

• General Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Seymour does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Midwestern University Arizona College Of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • State University Of New York Upstate Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Duke University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015
  • State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Seymour has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Seymour has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Seymour does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Seymour and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Seymour's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Seymour to family and friends
1.9
based on 9 total reviews (7 with comments)

Dr. Seymour's Performance

Trustworthiness
Explains condition(s) well
Answers Questions
Time well spent

Scheduling
GOOD
Office environment
GOOD
Staff friendliness
GOOD
Average wait time

Dr. Seymour has operated on me three times, the first of which saved my life. The others were follow- up surgeries to continue fixing me. I have had many follow-up appointments with her. Dr. Seymour is an OUTSTANDING surgeon and doctor. Laser-focused and serious when I was in dire straights;...more
I've had 3 appointments with Dr. Seymour and each time she says, "nice to meet you". I understand she doesn't remember every patient she meets with but a quick review of medical records would indicate I'm a returning patient. The last 2 appointments I had hoped to get an update and start moving...more
I love Dr. Seymour she is the best. Caring, friendly, has great bedside manners. I had a procedure done recently and she gave me the pro's and con's. She had the option of doing what I wanted or doing what was medically safe and she chose the latter even against my wishes.
I also agree, the 2 minutes she spent with me were cold, she didn't even make eye contact with me. I was also told her scheduler would contact me, which still has happened despite me repeated calls and vm's left. No thank you, I will find a new Dr.
I had gastric bypass surgery done by Dr. Seymour. I was so sick and couldn't keep anything down. By day 17 I had left 4 msgs with her office and never heard back. 2x I received calls from staff asking why I hadn't scheduled my post op appt. When I explained, both of them told me I would be hearing...more

Are you Dr. Seymour?