Dr. Keri Seymour, DO

Dr. Keri Seymour, DO

General Surgery  |
Dr. Keri Seymour, DO is a general surgery doctor who practices in Durham, NC. She is 40 years old and has been practicing for 10 years.

407 Crutchfield St

Durham, NC 27704

Learn about Dr. Seymour

See how frequently Dr. Seymour performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Esophageal Surgery
high
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
high

Dr. Seymour's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Seymour My clinical interests include gastrointestinal surgery with a focus on gallbladder and gastric disease reflux disease and hernias. Additionally I enjoy working with patients to decide the best treatment for weight loss that will resolve diseases such as diabetes and hypertension. The most satisfying part of my job is when patients are proud of their success and recognize their ability to accomplish their goals. I was raised in upstate NY attended Boston College and spent three years working in Colorado prior to starting medical school in Arizona. I received advanced specialty training in weight loss surgery and endoscopic treatment of reflux disease at Duke in 2014. I enjoy spending my spare time outdoors.

• General Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Seymour does not have any board certifications listed.

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Gastric Bypass Surgery, Laparoscopic
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Stomach Surgery

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Midwestern University Arizona College Of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • State University Of New York Upstate Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Duke University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015
  • State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Seymour has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Seymour has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Seymour does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Seymour and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Seymour's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Seymour to family and friends
1.9
Dr. Seymour's Performance
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Seymour has operated on me three times, the first of which saved my life. The others were follow- up surgeries to continue fixing me. I have had many follow-up appointments with her. Dr. Seymour is an OUTSTANDING surgeon and doctor. Laser-focused and serious when I was in dire straights; light-hearted, funny, and overall wonderful when it was becoming clear that I would make it through. Regardless, she is ALWAYS professional and exceedingly compassionate. In a word: stellar. STELLAR!
Chapel Hill, NC |
I've had 3 appointments with Dr. Seymour and each time she says, "nice to meet you". I understand she doesn't remember every patient she meets with but a quick review of medical records would indicate I'm a returning patient. The last 2 appointments I had hoped to get an update and start moving towards a surgery date or even know if I was a candidate for surgery. Instead, she reviews the same topics as prev. appts and tells me to see her again after trying to lose weight! Huh?!?
Lumberton, NC |
I love Dr. Seymour she is the best. Caring, friendly, has great bedside manners. I had a procedure done recently and she gave me the pro's and con's. She had the option of doing what I wanted or doing what was medically safe and she chose the latter even against my wishes.
Chapel Hill, NC |
I also agree, the 2 minutes she spent with me were cold, she didn't even make eye contact with me. I was also told her scheduler would contact me, which still has happened despite me repeated calls and vm's left. No thank you, I will find a new Dr.
in Raleigh, NC |
I had gastric bypass surgery done by Dr. Seymour. I was so sick and couldn't keep anything down. By day 17 I had left 4 msgs with her office and never heard back. 2x I received calls from staff asking why I hadn't scheduled my post op appt. When I explained, both of them told me I would be hearing from the scheduler... Nothing! 20 days post op I received a vm from Dr. Seymour asking me to call back. I did, left a message because the office closed early and she called in an rx. Nothing since.
in Durham, NC |
I though that Dr. Seymour was cold and condescending in the two minutes she spent with me. No way I would have surgery done by her.
in Charlotte, NC |
I scheduled a consultation on 12/18/15. I was coming from Charlotte & asked if someone could get back with me on when the hernia surgery would be scheduled prior to coming out for the consultation. If it was going to be on the following Monday, Dec 21, I would book a hotel room for the weekend and stay in the Raleigh area. If it was going to be as late as Wed Dec 23, I would travel back and forth from CLT to RAL twice. No one ever got back to me. I cannot believe the lack of follow-through!
Have you seen Dr. Keri Seymour, DO?
Are you Dr. Seymour?