Dr. Kent Ta, MD

Dr. Kent Ta, MD

Internal Medicine  ·
Dr. Kent Ta, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Bellevue, WA and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from Yale University in 1997 and specializes in internal medicine and rheumatology.

1310 116th Ave NE Ste C

Bellevue, WA 98004

• AvMed
  • CoreSource
  • First Choice Health

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check if Dr. Ta treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Ta's conditions and procedures:

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Cryoglobulinemia
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Fever
  • Gout
  • Hepatitis B - Immune Response
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Trigger Finger
  • Vasculitis
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

Dr. Ta's patient-physician philosophy is as follow:  "I care for each of my patient like a member of my family. I listen to my patients carefully to understand their pain, concerns, wishes, and to treat my patients with the safest and most effective state-of-the-art therapy."

• Rheumatology

11.320754716981131%

Dr. Ta?
Dr. Ta's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kent Ta, MD
Dr Kent Ta is kind,caring and polite. He is helping me recover by working with East side Therapy in Redwood and aquatic therapy on Mercer island. Thank you for believing in me Dr Ta
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
I completely disagree with the negative reviews I see posted. I was referred to Dr Ta by a friend who has been a patient of his for many years now. Not only has Dr Ta helped relieve my symptoms with RA, but him and his staff are wonderful! I always meet with his assistant before the doctor comes into the room and she is extremely polite and accommodating to any needs I may have. I would absolutely recommend this physician to anyone who is truly looking for the best care around
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
It’s impossible to rate a doctor without factoring in the office staff. The front desk is always rude and dismissive which is especially important due to the fact that the people they are dealing with on a daily basis are in pain. And his assistant does not return calls which again is a problem due to the nature of his practice. I think if Dr Ta really cares, especially since he asked me to post a review after the first visit, he would read these reviews and fix the problems with his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
I’ve had hip pain since I was 18 and was told by my first rumatologist that i had early osteoarthritis of the hip. Besides physical therapy and cortisone shots I would eventually need a hip replacement. Hearing that in my mid 20’s was frightening and extremely concerning, especially since the underlying issue was a mystery. I got a second opinion from Dr Ta who diagnosed me with idiopathic hip chondrolysis. The only con a I have for him is his office staff. They don’t return phone calls
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
Dr. Ta and his staff have been amazing with the care of my 83 year old mother. They have treated us with care and compassion. Dr. Ta has gone above and beyond to provide the best medical care for my mom. I would recommend Dr. Ta and his staff to anyone who is looking for an Internal Medicine Physician. He is the BEST!!! Sandee Davis
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
I'm so grateful to have found Dr. Ta. My previous rheumatologist was dismissive of my symptoms and seemed to have run out of ideas for treatment. From my first visit with Dr. Ta, I felt confident that he would persist in finding the right treatment for my disease...and he has! Dr. Ta is both kind and direct in his communications. He listens to me, respects my ideas, and makes me feel like a partner in managing my care. His infusion nurse Keri is terrific! Trust is everything when you're sick!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
Wouldn't recommend my friends to Dr.Ta. - Did take much interest in my problem - Could not/did not find the issue. - Did not offer any solution short or long term - When i asked for medication/pain relief, he suggested a shot, that he said may or may not work. Did not guide me on what to do if it did not work. - When I visited again for acute pain, he got me a shot in the office - but he didn't want to give me the shot - he acted as if it was BENEATH him to give me a shot. - Wait times > 1 hr
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
Dr. Ta was the first rheumatologist to take my symptoms and tests seriously. As a mid 20s "alternative-looking" girl, I had gone through a few doctors at that point for "invisible" joint pain. Dr. Ta saw my blood tests and approached my joint issues professionally and thoroughly. Now, approaching 30, my tests and doctors have confirmed a diagnosis of RA. I truly believe that Dr. Ta helped me to reach my diagnosis; a mystery for 12 years. He always treated like a person with valid concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
Dr. Ta has been my rheumatologist for probably ten years. He has been an outstanding physician, in that he listens attentively, gives much thought to my symptoms, and adjusts my medication always to appropriate levels. He is one of the kindest and most caring persons I have ever known. I am most grateful to have him as one of my most valued doctors.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
Dr Ta seems very knowledgeable. Don't expect detailed answers because of the language difference. Unfortunately for him, the staff reflect very poorly on him. The office staff seem miserable. They don't return calls or seem to give a crap about their customers. Seriously. They are the worst.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Ta for the last 2 years and I am very happy with his service. He is very thoughtful and understanding and has worked with me to go over all of my (limited) options to find the best quality of life. It's great to have a doctor that actual listens to what you say and values your input. He always goes out of his way to answer any and all of my questions. I look forward to my appointments with him which is saying a lot. He's a great doctor and highly recommend him to all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
Dr Ta is kind, gentle, non-judgemenal and thorough. He will try many options to help you feel better. He helps you find the medications that work for you. I can finally sleep at night. NO ONE GIVES A BETTER CORTISONE INJECTION - shoulders/knees etc. you don't even feel it. I'm so glad I found Dr Ta to help me with my arthritis issues. I was
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Ta for 3 years. Dr. Ta provides very thoughtful and considerate care. He listens well. They have in-office lab services too which is so very convenient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
I was diagnosed with JRA at age 16 and have been dealing with joint pain and inflammation for years. I went to see Dr Ta to find out if my diagnosis might have changed and for relief of my symptoms. X-rays were taken and blood was drawn. I tested positive for a specific gene which caused Dr Ta to request more bloodwork however 3 visits later I still did not have a diagnosis nor could he explain my symptoms but he wanted to start me on Humira injections! Also, the office staff weren't friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
Dr. Ta is pleasant, punctual, and exceptionally knowledgeable. He diagnosed and treated my inflammatory arthritis for several years, and he made the best possible call regarding three different injuries I sustained at work and at home. His inclination is to be conservative toward surgery, preferring to avoid it when possible, and he is both compassionate and effective in dealing with chronic pain. He even diagnosed and referred me for other complaints not related to rheumatology. Outstanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
Dr. Ta is kind, soft spoken, competent, and thorough. His course of treatment has been fantastic and I'm feeling better than I have in a long time. Dr. Ta's care has made the drive from Puyallup worth the time and effort. I'm thankful for his care and appreciate all he has done for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
Dr. Ta is kind, compassionate, and takes his time. Doc Ta explains everything in detail. Listens and includes my input on my health issues. Doc Ta includes me in my treatment plan as though I was his peer. He has mad patience and shows what a great doctor can be. Thanks to Doc Ta and all great office staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
The doctor himself was nice, but the office staff were horrible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
I was very impressed with Dr.Ta! He took time to explain everything to me (no rush). I would most certainly recommend him. I know I will get very good care. Rita Taylor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kent Ta, MD?
Dr. Ta has been treating myself and my wife and we both feel he is the best (of many) rheumatologists we have dealt with. He seems very interested in what we say, and we never get the feeling that he has to rush to his next patient. His medical suggestions have been 'right on.' The office personnel have all been efficient and pleasant. Usually, my blood pressure increases when I am in a doctor's office, but with Dr. Ta the blood pressure has been normal.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Ta?

Insurance accepted

AvMed
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
First Choice Health
First Choice Health PPO
Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Group Health Cooperative