Dr. Kent H. Chou, MD

Dr. Kent H. Chou, MD

36 reviews

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 46 years old

Dr. Chou attended Brigham Young University and graduated summa cum laude with a BA in English. He then attended Yale University School of Medicine, where he obtained his MD degree. He completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery as well as a fellowship in hand, upper extremity, and microsurgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He has authored numerous scientific publications and has had his research presented at both national and international meetings. Dr. Chou is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and holds a Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and the American Association for Hand Surgery. He specializes in the treatment of disorders of the hand, wrist, and elbow, and has a particular interest in minimally invasive carpal tunnel surgery. Dr. Chou has been with Canyon since 2004.Read more

Existing Patient Phone Number
OrthoArizona, Canyon Orthopaedic Surgeons
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Dr. Chou is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Patient Testimonials

Orthopaedics is about problem solving, which is something I have always enjoyed. As a pianist and artist, I also enjoy working with my hands and appreciate the importance and complexity of the hand and wrist. I especially enjoy my practice because I live where I work, which gives me the opportunity to see and treat friends and neighbors. I pride myself in providing superior, individualized orthopaedic care and want and expect my patients to participate in their treatment decisions.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Chou's Experience

See how Dr. Chou's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chou

Dr. Chou accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Chou has admitting privileges.

Dr. Chou's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chou to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Chou
Dr. Chou's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (35)
in Goodyear, AZ |
Dr Chou accurately diagnosed a "trigger finger" condition and at my request surgically removed the same. The procedure was relatively painless and the doctor's handling was very professional. I recommend him highly.
in Kalispell, MontanaNewark, NJ |
Very good results on my left hand contracture surgery. Physical therapy group were supportive and aided the rehab. Highly recommended.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Nervous at first, Dr. Chou's first assistant was very knowledgable and made sure I knew what was normal and what was not, doing her best to make sure if I needed the operation or not. Then Dr. Chou came and made me feel comfortable by making sure I knew that he knew his stuff. Before surgery, one of his employees told me their son had an operation done by him and that Chou was good, making me feel much better. (He also put my tattoo back in place, was VERY happy with that)
in Glendale, AZ |
I have psoriatic arthritis and especially crippling & painful my finger's. I researched and chose Dr. Chou combining his knowledge with arthritis and specialization in the treatment of disorders of the hand. I am two month post-op with the surgery on two of finger's and extremely thrilled with the result. Dr. Chou and Mallory, his physician assistant make a wonderful team.
in Tolleson, AZ |
i had trigger finger on my right ring finger doc chou took great care of me did the release on that its really good now great job doc
in Sun City, AZ |
Dr. Chou is an extremely accomplished surgeon. I was seen and treated for Dupuytren's Disease and chose the surgery route. I am 5 weeks post op and my finger is totally back to normally. It was easy and practically painless from the date of the surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Chou!
in Litchfield Park, AZ |
Dr. Chou's office was friendly and easy to work with. Wait times were less than 15 min. Dr. Chou took the time to listen, diagnose the condition (carpal tunnel), and performed the procedure. Have not had any pain since.
in Peoria, AZ |
After having witnessing my husband go through multiple surgeries for various orthopedic related injuries, I can honestly say that Dr Chou easily ranks as the best across the board. There is none I would trust more with the welfare of my son and I would recommend him above all else in his field.
in Avondale, AZ |
I had a severe wrist fracture which required surgery. Dr Chou clearly explained options, how the process would go, then his office arranged everything quickly. The surgery went well. Additionally, the physical therapy clinic associated with Canyon Orthopaedics was the best PT clinic I've attended. I've had a great outcome from nice people.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Chou and his staff has been outstanding in my treatment, from his PA to all his therapy staff. At his Avondale office you are greeted by Erin who remembers you, calls you by name and is always very pleasant. The therapy staff always calls you in right away, never having to wait over 5 minutes. Once in therapy, Cheryl greets you and immediately starts treatment. Cheryl answers any and all questions always concerned about the progress. The rest of the therapy staff treat you as family.
in Litchfield Park, AZ |
Dr Chou was very professional. He diagnosed my problem and performed surgery on my right wrist. Everything went well and pain is greatly diminished.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Doc Chou is excellent and does a great job of explaining what the results should be and is very careful making sure you understand the potential out come. I had 3 procedures done with the Doctor and everything is going as he stated. All 3 procedures were done the same day including fusion of the wrist as well as carpal tunnel.
Have you seen Dr. Kent H. Chou, MD?
Are you Dr. Chou?

Dr. Chou says...

Dr. Chou attended Brigham Young University and graduated summa cum laude with a BA in English.  He then attended Yale University School of Medicine, where he obtained his MD degree.  He completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery as well as a fellowship in hand, upper extremity, and microsurgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.  He has authored numerous scientific publications and has had his research presented at both national and international meetings.

Dr. Chou is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and holds a Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and the American Association for Hand Surgery.  He specializes in the treatment of disorders of the hand, wrist, and elbow, and has a particular interest in minimally invasive carpal tunnel surgery.  Dr. Chou has been with Canyon since 2004.

Dr. Chou's Care Philosophy

Dr. Chou's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Graduated in 1998

Completed in 2003

Completed in 2003

Completed in 2004

Dr. Chou does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chou and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery