Dr. Kenny Hanna Jr, MD

Dr. Kenny Hanna Jr, MD

Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery  |

Dr. Kenny Hanna Jr, MD is a hand and upper extremity surgery doctor who practices in Las Vegas, NV. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 12 years.

Extremity Surgical Institute

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • EBMS
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup
  • HealthSmart
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Husky Health

Learn about Dr. Hanna Jr

See how frequently Dr. Hanna Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Limb Pain
Osteoarthritis of Hands
Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Hanna Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Hanna Jr "As a Hand Surgeon, I have realized that we usually don't notice how important hand function is until a patient begins to have hand pain or pins and needles sensations. These symptoms can be not only functionally disabling, but also a significant point of frusturation for the patient. I have had a pleasurable and rewarding experience in being able to help relieve patients of these symptoms, and give them back significant function of their hands that they may had previously lost."

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery

• Elbow Pain
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Finger Injuries
  • Finger Joint Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Giant Cell Tumor
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Injury
  • Hand Ligament Rupture
  • Hand Pain
  • Hernia
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Nerve Diseases
  • Spondylosis
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Torticollis

• Neuroplasty
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Ligament Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Wayne State University
  • William Beaumont Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Kleinert Inst Hand & Microvasc Surg
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Hanna Jr has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic
  • Chaldean

Dr. Hanna Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hanna Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. Rose Dominican, San Martin Campus

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Hanna Jr is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Hanna Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hanna Jr to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Hanna Jr's Performance
North Las Vegas |
Horrible experience. Hanna's manner is rude and condescending. He didn't explain the surgery, then was rude when I quesitoned it. He was an hour late to get to the hospital, and then he completed the surgery, but prescribed no pain meds. I had to get those through another doctor. The surgery didn't correct the problem, and 14 weeks later, I still cannot use my hand properly (he told me that in three weeks, I'd be back in the gym. Incompetent and rude, I recommend choosing another doctor.
Las Vegas, NV |
Worst doctor out there, i think he lazy and tells you information late. Now he telling me to go back to work after a month. My hands still dont work right... How horrible doctor you are Kenny Hanna" Im looking for a second opinion doctor
in Las Vegas, NV |
GET A 2nd OPINION! My 1st visit (12 days after accident) - Dr. Hanna said my hand was too swollen and bruised to be able to treat or even order an MRI. Scheduled me to follow up 3 weeks later at which time he was able to Diagnose my injury and tell me there was 0 treatment for me and that it was permanent damage - he did this WITHOUT AN MRI or EVER touching my hand! 2 days later a REAL HAND SPECIALIST evaluated me and gave the OPPOSITE diagnosis after a REAL EVALUATION. Shame on Lazy Dr. Hanna
Las Vegas, NV |
I was treated by Dr. Hanna in Feb. 2017 for pain in my wrists and thumbs, also known as De Quervain's tenosynovitis, "mommy thumb/wrist." He immediately recommended surgery and did not spend any time discussing the underlying problems or ways in which to avoid surgery. He also injected my right thumb/wrist area with a steroid that bleached the skin on my hand, due to the steroid containing preservatives and/or inserting the injection too high. I also suffered from a tremendous amount of pain.
in Las Vegas Nevada |
Dr.Hanna has a wonderful manner with patients .His initial evaluation is lengthy and thorough .He explains everything and doesn't miss thing in regards to your specific issues . I have never felt more confident in a doctor expertise than I have with Dr. Hanna . He exudes a passion for his work, and an intimate caring for his patients . You can tell he loves what he does and that he can help you.It is the best medical care I could ever expected.
in Las Vegas, NV |
We visited Dr. Hanna with a lacerated left ring finger, that was damaged 2 years ago & stitched up. He couldn't extend/straighten his left ring finger & we wanted to correct it. Dr. said that bc it's been so long, there was already arthritis in my fiancé's finger & that he needs to replaced the bone with cilicone to fix it. Also, to connect the ligament. After 3hr surgery, Dr. says there was no arthritis and nothing he could do. He literally did nothing and his finger is exactly the same, + SCAR
Las Vegas, NV |
I certainly would recommend dr. Hanna to other patients, he is a very good dr. Hit the right spot when he give me the injection I went to see him on September and I was told his stuff was going to request my file from another orthopedic dr. I had before him, I was looking forward for dr. Hanna to perform my surgery but unfortunately when I call to make the appointment to do my surgery, I find out that they never call to request my file. It's a shame that such a good dr. Have such a poor stuff
Absolutely the worst medical experience a person could have. Not sure why he keeps leaving town. Did surgery on my hand, it was botched, he would not take responsibility for the failure, gave me a shot for a misdiagnosis of the problem then sent me home and to continue occupational therapy for 2 months, then come to find out he is leaving town again. Not that I would go back to him. Now I am in intense pain and am in the process of finding a competent hand Doctor to do a revision.
in Las Vegas, NV |
The staff of Dr. Hannah is very incompetent. I went to the appointment with the new patient forms filled out completely and attached my insurance cards. The receptionist said I had to fill out the forms again. I told her they are filled out. I tried to fill them out again but the pain in my wrists was too great. Then she says, 'oh' your forms are filled out and she tore up the second set. The doctor ordered RX at a pharmacy I cannot use, OmniPlus.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Got sent to him for my 19 month old son, for a second opinion on his hands/fingers. They don't extende all the way out. This doctor didn't even touch my son's finger nore do xrays. The first comment made was if my son had down syndrome, that his face structure shows it kinda. What doctor asked that. (He had reconstructive surgery at 9 months old on his skull, yes delayed not down syndrome! ) he acted as if he was scared to touch him. He recommendation was a new OT and wait till he's older.
Have you seen Dr. Kenny Hanna Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Hanna Jr?

Visit Dr. Hanna Jr

Dr. Hanna Jr accepts 23 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • American Postal Workers Union Health Plan
    American Postal Workers Union (APWU)
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • EBMS
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA