Dr. Kenneth S. Yonemura, MD

Dr. Kenneth S. Yonemura, MD

Neurosurgery | Male | 57 years old

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to evaluate you for your current neurosurgical problem. To help you feel comfortable with your upcoming appointment, I would like to provide some introductory background about myself. I was born and raised in Southern California and obtained a B.S. in psychobiology at the University of Southern California prior to attending medical school at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA. My neurosurgical residency training occurred at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center (UCIMC) and was completed in 1990. I was then selected as a spinal surgery fellow at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, AZ that I completed in 1991. I returned to UCIMC as an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Neurological Surgery but, at the request of my chairman Dr. Ronald F. Young, I joined him in private practice in Seattle in 1993. I received certification from the American Board of Neurological Surgery in May of 1995 and since that time, my practice has evolved to focus primarily on complex spine and peripheral nerve disorders. I have been a FDA investigator for both lumbar and cervical interbody fusion cages as well as motion preservation techniques that include artificial disc and facet replacement technology. I am also actively involved in the development minimally invasive techniques for the treatment of cervical and lumbar disc disease including the design of one of the first generation percutaneous pedicle screw systems. My desire to remain active in research and teaching prompted my return to academic medicine at SUNY-Health Science Center in Syracuse, NY in 1999 but a desire to be closer to family on the west coast prompted my relocation to Salt Lake City in 2005, in the Neurosurgery Department at the University of Utah until 2011 when I returned to private practice. I have now accepted the medical directorship for the NeuroSpine Institute in Park City. I will be seeing patients in Bountiful, Park City, and Salt Lake City. My primary hospital is Lakeview Hospital in Bountiful and I will be using the Restitute Surgery Center in Park City and the Cottonwood Surgery Center in Murray, UT. Although many patients believe that their referring physician will send all of their records, frequently these records are not available. I would strongly advise that these records and diagnostic studies (DVD discs, as reports alone are insufficient) be personally obtained and hand carried to your upcoming appointment. The absence of any pertinent diagnostic studies (i.e. x-rays, CAT scans, MRI scans) will definitely delay my ability to come to an accurate diagnosis or determine an appropriate course of action. If you should encounter any difficulties please call for assistance. I look forward to meeting you.Read more

NeuroSpine Institute
1820 Sidewinder Dr
Park City, UT 84060 Get Directions

You, the patient, are the most important person to our practice. We are committed to providing the best possible medical care. Excellence is our goal. We have worked to provide a full range of service and highly trained and knowledgeable staff who have been together for some ten years plus. We look forward to being part of your medical team.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Yonemura's Experience

See how Dr. Yonemura's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Yonemura

Dr. Yonemura accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Yonemura has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Yonemura's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yonemura to family and friends
4.3
based on 18 total surveys (1 with a review)
Experience with Dr. Yonemura
Dr. Yonemura's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (17)
in Lindon, UT |
I strongly recommend Dr. Yonemura. He was recommended to me by another doctor who had undergone spinal surgery with Dr. Yonemura. It was the best decision I made. I was his first patient at Wasatch Neurological Surgery nearly five years ago. He did a discectomy with a small incision of less than two inches. My sciatica pain was gone immediately. I was dismissed from Lakeview Hospital after three days, back to work after one week and traveling after three weeks. No pain/problems since.
Have you seen Dr. Kenneth S. Yonemura, MD?
Are you Dr. Yonemura?

Dr. Yonemura says...

I look forward to meeting you.

Dr. Yonemura's Care Philosophy

Dr. Yonemura's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Yonemura has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Yonemura's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Broken Neck
  • Discogenic Pain
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Injury
  • Nerve Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thoracic Disc Disorders
  • Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University

Graduated in 1984

Barrow Neurologial Inst

Completed in 1991

University of Southern California

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Yonemura does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yonemura and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Decompression for Spinal Stenosis