Dr. Kenneth Yonemura, MD

Dr. Kenneth Yonemura, MD

Neurosurgery  ·

Dr. Kenneth Yonemura, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Salt Lake City, UT and has been practicing for 27 years. He specializes in neurosurgery, minimally invasive neurological spine surgery, and more.Read his story

Heiden Orthopedics

6360 S 3000 E Ste 210

Salt Lake City, UT 84121

• AARP
  • Altius Health Plans
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Utah
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Yonemura

See how frequently Dr. Yonemura performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spondylosis
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Herniated Disc

Dr. Yonemura's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Yonemura's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Yonemura "Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to evaluate you for your current neurosurgical problem. To help you feel comfortable with your upcoming appointment, I would like to provide some introductory background about myself. I was born and raised in Southern California and obtained a B.S. in psychobiology at the University of Southern California prior to attending medical school at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA. My neurosurgical residency training occurred at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center (UCIMC) and was completed in 1990. I was then selected as a spinal surgery fellow at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, AZ that I completed in 1991. I returned to UCIMC as an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Neurological Surgery but, at the request of my chairman Dr. Ronald F. Young, I joined him in private practice in Seattle in 1993. I received certification from the American Board of Neurological Surgery in May of 1995 and since that time, my practice has evolved to focus primarily on complex spine and peripheral nerve disorders. I have been a FDA investigator for both lumbar and cervical interbody fusion cages as well as motion preservation techniques that include artificial disc and facet replacement technology. I am also actively involved in the development minimally invasive techniques for the treatment of cervical and lumbar disc disease including the design of one of the first generation percutaneous pedicle screw systems. My desire to remain active in research and teaching prompted my return to academic medicine at SUNY-Health Science Center in Syracuse, NY in 1999 but a desire to be closer to family on the west coast prompted my relocation to Salt Lake City in 2005, in the Neurosurgery Department at the University of Utah until 2011 when I returned to private practice. I have now accepted the medical directorship for the NeuroSpine Institute in Park City. I will be seeing patients in Bountiful, Park City, and Salt Lake City. My primary hospital is Lakeview Hospital in Bountiful and I will be using the Restitute Surgery Center in Park City and the Cottonwood Surgery Center in Murray, UT. Although many patients believe that their referring physician will send all of their records, frequently these records are not available. I would strongly advise that these records and diagnostic studies (DVD discs, as reports alone are insufficient) be personally obtained and hand carried to your upcoming appointment. The absence of any pertinent diagnostic studies (i.e. x-rays, CAT scans, MRI scans) will definitely delay my ability to come to an accurate diagnosis or determine an appropriate course of action. If you should encounter any difficulties please call for assistance. I look forward to meeting you."

This content was provided by Dr. Yonemura "You, the patient, are the most important person to our practice. We are committed to providing the best possible medical care. Excellence is our goal. We have worked to provide a full range of service and highly trained and knowledgeable staff who have been together for some ten years plus. We look forward to being part of your medical team."

• Neurosurgery

• Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Injury
  • Nerve Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thoracic Disc Disorders
  • Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University of Southern California
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • UC Irvine-Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • University Ca Irvine Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Barrow Neurologial Inst
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Yonemura has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yonemura does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yonemura and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yonemura's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yonemura to family and friends

Dr. Yonemura's Performance

I had a bad result from a neck surgery from another doctor. I had paralasis in my right arm for 4 years with constant severe pain. I saw many surgeons and none would try to correct the earlier work. Dr Yonemura is the best I have ever seen at reading MRI's He formulated a surgical plan that was...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I strongly recommend Dr. Yonemura. He was recommended to me by another doctor who had undergone spinal surgery with Dr. Yonemura. It was the best decision I made. I was his first patient at Wasatch Neurological Surgery nearly five years ago. He did a discectomy with a small incision of less...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option15thumbs down icon option0