Dr. Kenneth Unruh, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Kenneth Unruh, MD
I am a fellowship trained orthopedic hand and upper extremity surgeon practicing in the Kansas City area. The focus of my practice is hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder surgery. My patients include those seeking treatment for injuries, nerve surgery, arthroscopy, joint replacement and reconstruction of the upper extremity. I am a member of the multi-specialty orthopedic practice of Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Consultants.

Dr. Unruh's Care Philosophy

Patient Focused - My practice gives me the opportunity to employ patient-centered care. One of my favorite slogans is that "I treat patients, not X-rays". This slogan means that while the diagnosis between two patients may be the same, the patients may require entirely different treatment based on their preferences, work, hobbies, interests and lifestyles. I tailor each patient's treatment on an individual basis. Patient Education - I believe that a well-informed, educated patient is essential to make good medical decisions resulting in outstanding medical outcomes. Therefore, I encourage patients to ask questions, and I take the time necessary to discuss the diagnosis and treatment options. Passion - Confucius said "choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life." I am passionate about hand and upper extremity orthopedic surgery. I hope this passion is palpable to my patients and medical colleagues. Service - In treating patients, my primary goal is to serve. I chose to pursue a career in medicine so that I could use what talents I have to serve others. High Value - Value is the current buzz of the medical industry. Value is directly related to both the quality and cost of the care a patient. We have to be attentive to both the quality and cost when making medical and surgical decisions.

Dr. Unruh's Experience

See how Dr. Unruh's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Unruh

Dr. Unruh accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Unruh is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Unruh has admitting privileges.

Dr. Unruh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Unruh to family and friends
    Dr. Unruh's Performance
    in Olathe, KS |
    Dr. Unruh did my wrist surgery. He has taken the time to answer all my questions and explain procedures/treatment plans. His bedside manner is excellent. He genuinely cares for his patients and is involved in every step of the treatment/recovery process. His assistant Robin and associated hand therapists are wonderful too!
    in Overland Park, KS |
    I can't say enough about the quality of care I received from Dr. Unruh. He was so sweet, kind and professional. I truly had a great experience when it came to the surgery he performed on my finger. He explained the procedure so I could understand exactly what he would be doing. I would recommend his services to anyone! "Thank you Dr. Unruh"! Debbie Wise
    in Overland Park, KS |
    Carpal tunnel release surgery. Very professional, knowledgable, and easy to talk to.
    Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Unruh, MD?
    Are you Dr. Unruh?

Dr. Unruh says...

I am a fellowship trained orthopedic hand and upper extremity surgeon practicing in the Kansas City area.  The focus of my practice is hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder surgery.  My patients include those seeking treatment for injuries, nerve surgery, arthroscopy, joint replacement and reconstruction of the upper extremity.  I am a member of the multi-specialty orthopedic practice of Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Consultants.

Dr. Unruh's Care Philosophy

Patient Focused - My practice gives me the opportunity to employ patient-centered care.  One of my favorite slogans is that "I treat patients, not X-rays".  This slogan means that while the diagnosis between two patients may be the same, the patients may require entirely different treatment based on their preferences, work, hobbies, interests and lifestyles.  I tailor each patient's treatment on an individual basis.

Patient Education - I believe that a well-informed, educated patient is essential to make good medical decisions resulting in outstanding medical outcomes.  Therefore, I encourage patients to ask questions, and I take the time necessary to discuss the diagnosis and treatment options.

Passion - Confucius said "choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life."  I am passionate about hand and upper extremity orthopedic surgery.  I hope this passion is palpable to my patients and medical colleagues.

Service - In treating patients, my primary goal is to serve.  I chose to pursue a career in medicine so that I could use what talents I have to serve others.

High Value - Value is the current buzz of the medical industry.  Value is directly related to both the quality and cost of the care a patient.  We have to be attentive to both the quality and cost when making medical and surgical decisions.

Dr. Unruh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Kansas not available

Dr. Unruh has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

Why It Matters: Dr. Unruh's Board Certifications

• Distal Radius Fracture
    • Dupuytren's Contracture
    • Elbow Bursitis
    • Elbow Fracture
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Ganglion Cyst
    • Gout
    • Hand Fracture
    • Hip Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Nerve Injury
    • Rupture of Ulnar Collateral Ligament of Thumb
    • Scaphoid Fractures
    • Shoulder Fractures
    • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
    • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
    • Thumb Basal Joint Arthritis

Indiana Hand Center

Completed in 2014

University of Kansas / Main Campus

Graduated in 2004

Dr. Unruh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Unruh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery