Dr. Kenneth Sands, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

First Choice Medical Group 709 S Harbor City Blvd Melbourne, FL 32901 Get Directions
Dr. Kenneth Sands, MD
Dr. Kenneth Sands, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Melbourne, FL. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Sands is affiliated with Sebastian River Medical Center.

Dr. Sands' Experience

See how Dr. Sands' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sands

Dr. Sands accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Sands is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Sands has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sands' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sands to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Sands' Performance
Dr. Sands and Joe are wonderful they are professional funny and very accurate , they go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of . Dr. Sands has wonderful assistants Kimberly and Bridget two wonderful young ladies they work very hard but always with a smile. Thank you .
in Palm Bay, fl |
Dr. Sands and his staff are in my estimation, the most professional, caring, dedicated people I have seen in years. Sometimes, very rarely, and often not alone a person can attain a level I can only categorize as genius. A genius realizes that in order for them to be their most effective they need to surround themselves with like minded individuals. People who can free them from all but the immediate and allow them uncommon focus, a team. Thank you, for putting together a DREAM TEAM.
in Melbourne, FL |
Dr. SANDS IS AN EXCEPTIONAL SURGEON, DOCTOR AND PERSON. Staff is wonderful and knowledgeable. Recommend him ton anyone in need of hip or knee surgery. He is a delightful man.
in Vero Beach, FL |
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Sands and his partner Joe. They were the expert proffesionals? I needed because I had my second surgery on the same knee in 1 1/2 years by a different surgeon and was in constant pain with every move. Dr. Sands was caring to get my surgery started as soon as possible. He did my surgery on Monday I was walking alone by Wednesday's?I was and I I no walker no cane. Dr. Sands changed my life for the better. #1 thank you Dr. Sands and Joe
Melbourne, FL |
LOVE !!! Dr . Sands and Kim they are detailed & they spend time with you. Dr.Sands never beats around the Bush he tells you what you need to help you feel better . I do have 1 complaint the male assistant is not very professional and does not seem knowledgeable he had to get a different girl assistant to help take out my father stitch from his hip the girl was sweet and quick dad liked her but the guy assistant was rude when she tired explaining how to remove the stitch , he is not helpful.
Viera,, FL |
Dr Sands performed my knee replacement. I was very upset when he left Health First. I found them very unprofessional when I tried to obtain more information about his departure. I have seen Health First drive a number of their quality physicians away. Dr Sands is an amazing surgeon and person.
in Melbourne, FL |
Perfect doctor. Really kind as well.
Melbourne, FL |
Had knee replacement and the replacement left my knee in a wrong position. He used CAD which positioned my knee wrong and instead of seeing this went with it instead of his eyes. Also had to have another surgery because the tissue was not cut right when I had the original surgery. Holmes hospital let him go. His new practice just started...Stay away!!!! Ask him why he was let go.
kissimmee fl |
i got knee replacement and i still got new complications,i cant see him,my insurance changed,he know the insurance no longer be paying, do to changes in Obama new policy,now i need to se sands but he not taking my insurance,i on SSi,i will lose my benefits do to no new records,i look for another doctor,but i was tall to go back to the doctor who did my surgery,that is sands,now no one want to help me,he is a good doctor,but my case is complicate, he tell me the was difficult to fix.problems walk
in Melbourne, FL |
I have located Dr. Sands - He is now working for First Choice Medical Group in Melbourne, FL. You can call to schedule an appt by calling 321-725-2225. He is a great doc!!!!
in Melbourne, FL |
Dr. Sands is an awesome Dr. He is very nice, he explains everything, listened to my concerns & took plenty of time for me. In Jan. 2015, he did a full ant. left hip.I was in hosp. one night, therapy the next am & then went home.I couldn't believe that it was so quick.The incision was only about 4 & healed very fast ! My rt. hip was having pain.It was done 18 yrs. ago.He told me that parts were wearing out, & he repaired that Sept. 2015.He repaired it through the post. scar & it was good.
in Florida |
Right after my surgery he suddenly left his practice without notifying his staff or patients. I do not know what happened between him and the hospital he had privileges with or the hospital group of physicians that employed him, but it was difficult, especially since my hospital stay was unacceptable and I was having postoperative problems with my knee.
My deepest apologies for your unfortunate situation.There was never an intent to abandon you after your surgery.Unfortunately, I was bound by my contract with Health First.Let me also apologies for the actions of Health First, Viera Sports Medicine and Viera Hospital.Patients should never be placed in the middle.I have moved from the employed hospital physician setting back into private practice in Melbourne.I hope things improved and if I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.
in Merritt Island, FL |
It has been over three years, now. My life was completely turned around in just one week. (In fact, only one week after entering the beautiful Viera Hospital for surgery, I was giving a speech about my then, new book) I had only one week of home therapy, and from then on there was no stopping me. I had a total hip replacement with only a four inch incision, that healed rapidly. At now 72, next week, I feel younger and better than I did in my fifties.
in Cape Canaveral, FL |
He performed a double total knee replacement and the results were excellent, scars minimal and recovery time shorter than expected with great mobility sooner than expected.
in Okeechobee, FL |
This was my third hip replacement, my first with Dr. Sands. I went in on Monday, out on Wednesday and was walking 1/4 mile by Friday. Only meds I needed were extra strength Tylonol!!! This Dr. is so far above any I have met. The hospital he uses is the most professional, well staffed I have ever seen, and my wife is an RN!!!! She was blown away with how well I was cared for. This is the only place I will ever go for orthopedic work in the future. Fantastic
I have seen many doctors in my lifetime, some what unfortunately. However, this surgeon was a breath of fresh air. He is super busy so wait time was honestly long. But once I got in I understood why. He took time to explain everything and answer anything I could think of. He wanted to know how my pain had impacted my lifestyle, to make sure I had exhausted all my non surgical options, and knew what to expect if I opted for surgery. my 2 neighbors recommend him, sure do appreciate it!
in Melbourne, FL |
It was fine until he just canceled my surgery for 1/6 after waiting 6 months! Nice New Year's Years for you, for me for me it will be the horrible. I have called the CEO of Viera Hospital with no call back asking why this has happened! I was told he told he took an indefinite leave of absence. I was told two other docs were available neither one I knew, but one has a bad reputation the other in a different hospital! Heath First has just dropped way down in my eyes, and a call Joint Commission?
Dear Mr Quinn. I deeply apologize for your inconvenience and the actions of Viera hospital and Health First. I left Health First in December 2015 and due to contractual limitations with Health First I could not contact you directly or notify you of my change. Numerous patients were left unaware, and I once again apologize for your frustration. I have moved from the hospital employed setting back into the private practice setting in Melbourne.
Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Sands, MD?

Compare Dr. Sands

Dr. Sands' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Sands has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sands' Board Certifications

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Florida Orthopaedic Institute

Completed in 2003

Duke University

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Sands does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sands and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed