Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

New Jersey Spine Center 70 Sparta Ave Ste 202 Sparta, NJ 07871 Get Directions
Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD
Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Sparta, NJ. He has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Rieger is affiliated with Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center.

Dr. Rieger's Experience

See how Dr. Rieger's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rieger

Dr. Rieger accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Rieger is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Rieger has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rieger's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rieger to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Rieger's Performance
in Sussex, NJ |
Was referred to Dr. Rieger by my Orthopedist for chronic lower back pain. Had MRI prior to the visit. Waited over 1 month for appt. Filled out all forms on line ... had to fill out same forms in office. (?) Then Waited over 1 hour to see the doctor. Proceeded to tell me i didn't need to see him because he is a surgeon and I didn't need surgery. Did not go over scans or rad report with me, no examination. "Normal back for a 58 year old". Said to go for PT and exercise. $50 co-pay wasted.
in Clark NJ |
Dr. Rieger, the staff is courteous and always makes me feel welcomed, Dr. Rieger is the consummate professional. Dr Rieger listens to me regarding my surgery procedure I had done on 2/2/2016, I would highly recommend Dr. Reiger to anyone. My office visits feel more like time with a friend who is seriously concerned about my well being.
in Sparta, NJ |
I re-injured L5/S1 disc in July 2016 and met with Dr. Rieger as I had seen his colleague Dr. Dorsky for the original injury in 1996. Dr. Rieger clearly communicated the pros-and-cons of surgery and suggested that I first attempt conservative treatment. After a couple months of unsuccessful conservative treatment I opted to have Dr. Rieger perform a discectomy and, three weeks post surgery, I could not be more satisfied with Dr. Rieger and the surgical results. I highly recommend Dr. Rieger.
in Lake Hopatcong, NJ |
I saw Dr. Reiger for a second opinion, we explained to him that I was seeing him for just that reason. Dr. Reiger was professional and compassionate and showed concern for my situation and explained a different procedure that would be better for me because of the problems I'm experiencing. His staff was great also, I felt very comfortable with everyone there compared to the first Dr I went to. The first Dr.'s office made me feel like I was just there so he could get the money.
in Livingston, NJ |
I had a burst compression in L4 & 2 rods & 6 screws were put in my back from a surgeon in FL. I saw Dr. Rieger in NJ & he was immediately understanding, compassionate & genuine. He truly wanted the best for me which was very comforting being only 22 years old! He was always very efficient yet informative. I always knew what was going on & how the procedure would be done. Dr. Rieger will do EVERYTHING he can to make sure all goes as planned, you are at ease & comfortable & recovery goes well! :)
in Livingston, NJ |
I have degenerative disc disease and had gone to Dr. Rieger for help. He is kind, caring & very informative, explaining every process. I had surgery & feel it was the best thing I ever did, Dr. Rieger is an excellent surgeon. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need.
in Hackettstown, NJ |
I’d like to thank and acknowledge Dr. Rieger and the supporting staff for giving me back my life. I suffered from lower back pain for a long time. I had surgery May 5th 2016 without the surgery I would not have been able to walk my daughter down the aisle at her wedding May 28th. Dr. Rieger explained the procedure and prepared me for the post-operative recovery. It’s now been a few months and I have no regrets. Again thank you for all you have done for me.
in Belvidere NJ |
by Larry Stoma on Jul 6th, 2016 Dr Reiger was my second opinion after an unhappy experience with the first. Dr Reiger explained the cause of my stenosis and spondylisis And exactly what he would do to fix it .it was his clear and technical information and confidence which made me go ahead with the surgery .7 weeks post surgery I am pain free can stand. Up straight and walk 3/4 mile . Thank you Dr Reiger I never it possible at 68 years old.Would recommend Dr Reiger to anyone
in Newton, NJ |
Dr Rieger listened to my background and decided not to offer help. He did not even touch my problem area in my neck, moved quickly to suggest I see a pain management Doctor in the same office. Truly a disappointing waste of time and money. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Livingston, NJ |
Dr. Rieger was compassionate and caring. He took the time to explain the problem with my back, show me what he planned to do to correct the problem, and talked plainly about the recovery period and results. He answered questions clearly and concisely. The surgery went as he said it would and I am recovering as he predicted.
Dr Rieger acted in an amazing and responsive manner during my recent emergency surgery. I was in a very serious accident while on vacation and it was due to his persistence and professionalism that we were able to be airlifted back to the US for my surgery which was life threatening. I am grateful and blessed to have Dr Rieger as my surgeon and would recommend him to anyone considering treatment. He is not only a professional but a wonderful and compassionate human being.
Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
Are you Dr. Rieger?

Compare Dr. Rieger

Dr. Rieger's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Rieger has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rieger's Board Certifications

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Bone Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Gout
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons

Graduated in 2001

Dr. Rieger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rieger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Cord Injury Medicine

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty