Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male

Dr. Rieger
40 Main St Chatham, NJ 07928

Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Chatham, NJ and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons in 2001 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, orthopedic spine surgery, and more.

Dr. Rieger's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rieger

4.2

Dr. Rieger?
Dr. Rieger's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD
The staff was great. However, my interactions with Rieger was less than professional. While I was making a follow up visit after my first visit, I saw and heard him making fun of my muscle atrophy on my right side. He also said foraminotomies were ‘cute’ procedures. If you want run of the mill procedures I’m sure he’s great...but he’s not elite.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
Dr Rieger is fantastic. From making me and my wife feel comfortable and relaxed leading into my surgery to reassuring us once completed, he made what could have been a stressful period better. He listened to our questions and took the time to answer them and made sure we understood.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Rieger to anyone. I would not let another surgeon near my spine, only him! His bedside manner is wonderful. I was extremely nervous about my cervical spinal surgery, but Dr. Rieger put me at ease right away. He is funny, and warm but most of all knows what he is doing. My surgery went exactly as he described it would, and I had an easy recovery. I was back to work in three weeks, he said I set a new record! The office was a pleasure to deal with, I was well cared for.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
I was very pleased with Dr. Rieger and his staff. Dr. Rieger was very professional, friendly and informative concerning my treatment and surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Rieger and the NJ Spine Center.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
Dad and I both had synovial cysts pressing on sciatic nerve. We suffered a long time elsewhere then met Dr. Rieger. I first took a conservative course with Dr. Lipp (injections) and I highly recommend Dr. Lipp for his wonderful, caring approach and unrelenting efforts to improve my quality of life. Both dad and I were ultimately operated on by Dr. Rieger, who I cannot thank enough. He is a highly skilled surgeon and a real world doctor, with great patience, who gave both of us our lives back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
Did not solve my pain issues. Would not bother sending me in for additional scans despite my asking for months to do so. Slight God like arrogance. He is a very Nice guy, listens to you but does not Always hear what you are saying. Frustrating. Going for a second opinion in New York City to end this pain I pray.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
Dr. Rieger is a lifesaver. He performed a flawless laminectomy and has helped make me pain free. I am grateful for both his expertise and friendly bedside manner. He is consistently on NJ’s top docs list with good reason. Yes, you will wait but it is worth it for a top ranking surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
Was referred to Dr. Rieger by my Orthopedist for chronic lower back pain. Had MRI prior to the visit. Waited over 1 month for appt. Filled out all forms on line ... had to fill out same forms in office. (?) Then Waited over 1 hour to see the doctor. Proceeded to tell me i didn't need to see him because he is a surgeon and I didn't need surgery. Did not go over scans or rad report with me, no examination. "Normal back for a 58 year old". Said to go for PT and exercise. $50 co-pay wasted.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
Dr. Rieger, the staff is courteous and always makes me feel welcomed, Dr. Rieger is the consummate professional. Dr Rieger listens to me regarding my surgery procedure I had done on 2/2/2016, I would highly recommend Dr. Reiger to anyone. My office visits feel more like time with a friend who is seriously concerned about my well being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
I re-injured L5/S1 disc in July 2016 and met with Dr. Rieger as I had seen his colleague Dr. Dorsky for the original injury in 1996. Dr. Rieger clearly communicated the pros-and-cons of surgery and suggested that I first attempt conservative treatment. After a couple months of unsuccessful conservative treatment I opted to have Dr. Rieger perform a discectomy and, three weeks post surgery, I could not be more satisfied with Dr. Rieger and the surgical results. I highly recommend Dr. Rieger.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
I saw Dr. Reiger for a second opinion, we explained to him that I was seeing him for just that reason. Dr. Reiger was professional and compassionate and showed concern for my situation and explained a different procedure that would be better for me because of the problems I'm experiencing. His staff was great also, I felt very comfortable with everyone there compared to the first Dr I went to. The first Dr.'s office made me feel like I was just there so he could get the money.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
I had a burst compression in L4 & 2 rods & 6 screws were put in my back from a surgeon in FL. I saw Dr. Rieger in NJ & he was immediately understanding, compassionate & genuine. He truly wanted the best for me which was very comforting being only 22 years old! He was always very efficient yet informative. I always knew what was going on & how the procedure would be done. Dr. Rieger will do EVERYTHING he can to make sure all goes as planned, you are at ease & comfortable & recovery goes well! :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
I have degenerative disc disease and had gone to Dr. Rieger for help. He is kind, caring & very informative, explaining every process. I had surgery & feel it was the best thing I ever did, Dr. Rieger is an excellent surgeon. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
I’d like to thank and acknowledge Dr. Rieger and the supporting staff for giving me back my life. I suffered from lower back pain for a long time. I had surgery May 5th 2016 without the surgery I would not have been able to walk my daughter down the aisle at her wedding May 28th. Dr. Rieger explained the procedure and prepared me for the post-operative recovery. It’s now been a few months and I have no regrets. Again thank you for all you have done for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
by Larry Stoma on Jul 6th, 2016 Dr Reiger was my second opinion after an unhappy experience with the first. Dr Reiger explained the cause of my stenosis and spondylisis And exactly what he would do to fix it .it was his clear and technical information and confidence which made me go ahead with the surgery .7 weeks post surgery I am pain free can stand. Up straight and walk 3/4 mile . Thank you Dr Reiger I never it possible at 68 years old.Would recommend Dr Reiger to anyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
Dr Rieger listened to my background and decided not to offer help. He did not even touch my problem area in my neck, moved quickly to suggest I see a pain management Doctor in the same office. Truly a disappointing waste of time and money. I would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
Dr. Rieger was compassionate and caring. He took the time to explain the problem with my back, show me what he planned to do to correct the problem, and talked plainly about the recovery period and results. He answered questions clearly and concisely. The surgery went as he said it would and I am recovering as he predicted.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?
Dr Rieger acted in an amazing and responsive manner during my recent emergency surgery. I was in a very serious accident while on vacation and it was due to his persistence and professionalism that we were able to be airlifted back to the US for my surgery which was life threatening. I am grateful and blessed to have Dr Rieger as my surgeon and would recommend him to anyone considering treatment. He is not only a professional but a wonderful and compassionate human being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Rieger, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rieger?

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Cord Injury Medicine

2001
Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons
2001

Dr. Rieger accepts

Dr. Rieger accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth

• Scoliosis as Part of Neurofibromatosis
  • Scoliosis With Unilateral Unsegmented Bar
  • Spinal Instability
  • Split Spinal Cord Malformation
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Rieger treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Rieger treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

• Hammer Toe
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Sprain
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Vertebral Column Tumors
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Rieger treats patients.