Neurology  |
Male
Dr. Kenneth B. Pugar, DO
Dr. Pugar is the founder and President of Dayton Center for Neurological Disorders. He is a nationally recognized neurologist who has helped develop DCND into one of the largest private neurology practices in Ohio. Dr. Pugar is a firm believer in putting patients first and keeps his practice centered around that value. He has a deep passion for all neurology but is especially interested in Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and Multiple Sclerosis. He's witnessed many advances in medicine, especially in neurology, and that continues to drive his enthusiasm. He is also the Principal Investigator for numerous research trials involving those neurodegenerative disorders. Dr. Pugar derives tremendous satisfaction from teaching and is actively involved in the highly respected residency program at Grandview Medical Center.

Centerville

1975 Miamisburg Centerville Rd

Centerville, OH 45459

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
  • Butler Health Plan
  • CareSource
  • Direct Care America/Primary Health Services (DCA/PHS)
  • Flora Midwest (PPOM)
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • GENERAL

Learn about Dr. Pugar

Dr. Pugar's Experience

Dr. Pugar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Botsford General Hospital

Dr. Pugar has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pugar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pugar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pugar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pugar to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Pugar's Performance
in Jamestown OH |
Dr. Pugar is extremely knowledgeable and informative. He is open to tailoring treatment to the needs and desires of the patient and let's you help make your plan of action. Most importantly he is honest and tells you what to expect even if it is not what you may want to hear. Through the diagnosis process, he told me what was happening with each test and why it was needed. I have always felt very secure after each visit and phone call knowing my livelihood was in his hands!
in Troy, OH |
I was very pleased with my first visit with Dr. Pugar. I did not have a long wait time before he came in, listened to everything I had to say and did a thorough exam. Explained what he does and how it affects the body. I did not feel rushed during the visit. Ordered what I felt was appropriate testing, explained the purpose of it as well as fully explaining the new prescription. Dictated letter to my primary doctor as I listened. Very happy with my visit. Will happily recommend.
in Fairborn, OH |
I have been a patient of Dr. Pugar's for 17 years. He is an outstanding doctor, knowledgeable and caring. He always takes the time to really talk with me, explaining anything I ask about, and he takes the time to "be present" and really listen. I am thankful he is my doctor! I recommend him highly.
in Dayton OH |
Dr. Pugar is personable, attentive, knowledgable and interested in his patients. He takes time with his patients and is an excellent DO. Coming from a medical background I would highly recommend him to anyone needing neurological care.
in Kettering, OH |
Dr. Pugar is a wonderful physician and an amazing man. I have dealt with Dr. Pugar for coming up on 10 years when he diagnosed my daughter with Transverse Mylitis. He has always been there for her and me, during some very difficult times. He always takes the time to answer our numerous questions and shows a care and compassion beyond expectations. I also suggested my Dad use Dr. Pugar as his neurologist, when he started showing signs of dementia. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Pugar.
in Wilmington, OH |
Dr. Pugar took his time to explain his tests and the results of those tests in a way anyone could understand. He was able to answer any and all questions I presented to him along the way, which really put me at ease. He did a fantastic job of taking care of my issues. It was easy to schedule a visit to his busy practice. I highly recommend him.
in Urbana, OH |
Dr. Pugar is an excellent choice for a neurologist. He gave me a thorough exam, listened carefully, went over my options, asked if I had questions, and then dictated a letter to my PCP with me, so I got to hear his opinion a second time. It was so efficient and helped me understand everything, as I had forgotten a couple points he made during the examination. He is extremely caring and compassionate. My husband and I were very impressed with him.
in Middletown |
I met Dr. Pugar for the first time today and was very impressed! He took the time to explain to me everything and kept asking me if he understood correctly what I was explaining to him. He came up with a plan and said he would keep it at until we got a resolution. I highly recommend him!
in Dayton, OH |
Dr. Pugar immediately put me at ease taking his time to get to know me, my concerns & answering all my questions. He is professional and projects the most caring and compassionate energy I have ever experienced from a doctor. After testing in one major area of concern he was able to rule it out completely. In another area of concern he was able to diagnose and schedule me for testing and referral to others who can teach me to make improvements in an area related to the condition.
Springboro, OH |
I would highly recommend Dr Pugar. Unfortunately sometimes doctors have to deliver news that the patient does not want to hear or does not expect to hear. Dr Pugar did so in a way that was easy to understand and comforting at the same time. He spent a very long time answering all of my questions.
Dayton, OH |
Dr Pugar takes his time to explain what is going on and answer questions. He really works with you, to determine the right treatment plan and he wants your input on what you want to do. He is not a doctor that is just going to dictate how things should be done. He moves pretty quickly and getting a diagnosis and getting any additional tests scheduled. I appreciate a doctor that moves so quickly, it is scary enough waiting for a diagnosis, you don't need the added wait time of tests.
in Miamisburg, OH |
Dr. Pugar was very thorough, knowledgeable and understanding about my symptoms that go along with my disease. He was very kind and sympathetic, listening to all my concerns.
in Middletown, OH |
Dr. Pugar is compassionate and caring. He spends whatever time is necessary to explain the details of your condition and your treatment. He discusses the various available options for treatment and helps make the patient comfortable with the course of treatment. Excellent, excellent Doctor!
Dayton, OH |
Dr. Pugar was knowledgeable, professional, honest and helpful as he met with my mother and our family to evaluate her for dementia/Alzheimer disease. He gave us tools and good advice as we work through this time as a family.
in Miamisburg, OH |
I highly recommend Dr Pugar to anyone that requires a Neurology Dr. I've been seeing him for 20 yrs for MS. He's always been extremely well informed of existing therapies, (physical/prescription) and trials. He tells me what the facts are, that is what I want. He's prescribed me different drugs and therapies that I'm sure helped immensely. My son developed MS 5 yrs ago. I called Dr Pugar. He gave us immediate/personal attention. I recommended him to others and they gave me the same feedback.
Dayton, OH |
Dr. Pugar has been treating my mother for the past two years. According to a visiting nurse he is one of the best in his field. He gives thorough explanations and takes time to answer questions or concerns. he also considers the well being of the care givers when evaluating the patient's condition. Dr. Pugar is highly knowledgeable in his field.
Arrogance and vanity are not very becoming.
Dayton, OH |
Dr. Pugar was incredibly unpleasant. He repeatedly cut me off as I attempted to explain my health history, implied my college graduation was a surprising accomplishment, told me that I wasn't "retarded," didn't understand why I would want my pain diagnosed if I didn't want surgery, treated me like an idiot, and was generally awful in many ways. I would never recommend him to anyone.
in Eaton, OH |
I thought he was very attentive and answered all my questions. Very knowledgeable and I would recommend him. I read all the reviews and was very nervous about going to him, the receptionist reassured me he wasn't like what I had read so I decided to go anyway and it was nothing like I thought!. Spent time with me and really enjoyed meeting him and the staff. I was there 15 min early and was suprised I got in early .
Fairborn, OH |
Dr Pugar doesn't to listen or be willing to give me any time when I am there for an appointment . It is impossible to make an appt with him. He books about 3 months in advance and the staff can't schedule your next appt while you are there. They make you call back a couple months in advance of scheduling your next appointment at 8:00 a.m. on the first day of the month. Good luck getting through on the phone. They are telling all the patients due in the same month the thing.
in Brookville, OH |
I have several issues, shaking, trembling, facial twitches, severe leg pain, migraines. Upon my initial visit with Dr Pugar I provided a list of things I had going on, it was quickly handed back to me un-read and stated that we would only be talking about headaches due to that was the the only thing on my referral he was sent....VERY DISTURBING to not want to see the whole picture of things going on with me. I had ER visit due to fall down dizzy 11-5-16, told his next avail appt was 4 mos away
in Dayton, OH |
Kenneth Pugar was, in my opinion, one of the poorest examples of a medical professional - across the board - in my experience ... which has been fairly extensive. He was a caustic, insulting, condescending human who has no business "caring" for people who are, for the most part, at a very vulnerable, fearful point in their lives. Note to AMA: Send a "Secret Santa" to observe this provider for yourself. Note to other health care providers: Be cautious attaching your good name to a referral.
in Dayton, OH |
Stated referral didn't say why I was there and interrupted my explanation to say he didn't care. Due to medical device I am unable to have an MRI so he has done NOTHING for me in 6 months. Am in the same pain I was in when I first went to him. Nothing has changed. Only thing he cares about is his bill.
in Dayton, OH |
Took my mother (has moderate dementia) to see Dr Pugar and he was fairly aggressive and argumentative with her and with me. Seemed to think that everything in his notes was totally accurate and didn't want to listen to us or make her feel comfortable. His bedside manner was awful. When older patients get upset they do not respond accurately. His receptionist wasn't any better.
in Carlisle, OH |
Great!
Have you seen Dr. Kenneth B. Pugar, DO?
Are you Dr. Pugar?

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield POS
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) EPO
    Beech Street (Multiplan) POS
    Beech Street (Multiplan) PPO
  • Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
    Worker's Compensation WC
    Cigna POS
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna EPO
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna POS
    Delta Insurance POS
  • Direct Care America/Primary Health Services (DCA/PHS)
    Direct Care America/Primary Health Services (DCA/PHS) EPO
    Humana EPO
    Humana HMO
    Humana POS
    Humana PPO
    Bureau for Children with Medical Handicaps (BCMH)
    Medicaid Assignment