Dr. Kenneth Plunkitt, MD

Dr. Kenneth Plunkitt, MD

Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology  ·
Dr. Kenneth Plunkitt, MD is a clinical cardiac electrophysiologist in Naples, FL and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from University Of South Florida College Of Med in 1994 and specializes in clinical cardiac electrophysiology, cardiology, and more.Read his story

6101 Pine Ridge Rd # Desk

Naples, FL 34119

• CoreSource
  • Freedom Health
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Plunkitt

See how frequently Dr. Plunkitt performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cardioversion, Elective
Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
Syncope

Dr. Plunkitt's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Plunkitt's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Plunkitt "A native of Freeport, Long Island, New York, I moved to Florida while in my teens. I graduated from the University of South Florida College of Medicine in 1993 and subsequently completed my Internal Medicine residency and General Cardiology fellowship at the University of South Florida affiliated hospitals and clinics in Tampa, Florida. During this time I received Board Certification in Internal Medicine. I accepted a two year fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology with the Jefferson University program at the Lankenau campus in the Mainline, Philadelphia. This intensive training experience included all aspects of cardiac arrhythmia management including pharmacologic management of cardiac arrhythmias, ablation techniques, pacemaker and defibrillator implantation as well as laser lead extraction. Following my training I returned to Florida in 2001 to establish a private practice limited specifically to Cardiac Electrophysiology. I currently maintain a consultative practice with an emphasis on implantation and interventional arrhythmia management. I am Board Certified in Cardiology and Cardiac Electrophysiology and a member of the American Medical Association, the Heart Rhythm Society, the American College of Cardiology and the American College of Physicians. I have been recognized for my contributions in electrophysiology and awarded the prestigious designation as a Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society. I also serve on several hospital and community boards and committees and have been named as one of Gulf Shore Life Magazine's 2012 Top Doctors."

• Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology

• Lankenau Hosp & Inst for Med Rsch
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001
  • University Of South Florida College Of Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Plunkitt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Plunkitt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Plunkitt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Plunkitt's Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Plunkitt to family and friends

Dr. Plunkitt's Performance

Well respected first class doctor, office staff helpful and courteous. Dr Plunkitt was respectful of my time and explained my condition and possible tests and diagnosis. I highly recommend him and trust him completely.....
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for your kind words and confidence in me, my staff and our practice.

Have seen him AND a pa every time I go in I have afib so in quite a bit to keep an eye on it and make heart strong before needing any further surgery. Very concerned and thorough and follow up has been just as good.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0

Thank you. We appreciate your kind words and confidence in the care you receive.

After being with Dr Plunkett for over 3 years it is time to switch Cardiologist. I have been seen by this Dr once, when I visited him for the first time. After this I have never been able to see him, even appointment was set up with the Dr. Only saw PA's and it this time it is the 3rd PA. The all...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option1

We are very sorry that this was your experience with the office staff. Our doctors are available and staffing the clinic Monday through Friday, 8am - 4pm with the exception being called to surgery for an emergent procedure. All patients are first seen by an advanced practice practitioner (PA, ARNP) and the physician will attend any high acuity visit or upon patient request. Please contact our office and request to speak directly with the Clinical Coordinator or the Scheduling Coordinator.

Dr. Plunkitt is an outstanding cardiologist. He is thorough, patient, and extremely kind...all rare qualities in today's hustle and bustle in the medical field. Because of his expertise, I am alive today and on my third pacemaker/defibrillator. You may have to wait for an appointment. But I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option1

We appreciate your reply and your confidence. We are pleased to announce the addition of more practitioners and clinical support, so any previous delays in obtaining an appointment should be resolved. We can provide symptomatic same-day visits and otherwise take pride in a short wait for scheduling.

Dr. Plunkitt is amazing; his non clinical staff and the hoops you have to jump through are often frustrating. However, working with Dr. P. is worth dealing with the rest of the less than stellar admin staff.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option8thumbs down icon option3

Hi, I would like to Thank you for your rating. If you could, contact my Office Clinical Coordinator directly so that we can specifically address your issues and work with you to improve on our service. Her name is Jori Richardson and she can be reached at the office number (239) 263-0849 ext. 313. Thank you, Dr. Plunkitt