Dr. Kenneth Melman, MD

Psychiatry | Male

PUGET SOUND SPORTS & SPINE 1600 E Jefferson St Ste 401 Seattle, WA 98122 Get Directions
Dr. Kenneth Melman, MD

Dr. Kenneth Melman, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Seattle, WA. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Melman is affiliated with Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill Campus.

Dr. Melman's Experience

See how Dr. Melman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Melman

Dr. Melman accepts 3 insurance carriers

Dr. Melman is not currently accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Melman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Melman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Melman to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Melman's Performance
in Kent, WA |
I have been under the care of Dr. Melman since 2008. I credit his expertise with saving my life as I was suffering from severe depression and have had subsequent episodes over the years. I have tried electroconvulsive therapy, TMS, and various drugs. ECT helped me the most, but under his guidance I have found the medication mix that works for me. I am forever grateful to Dr. Melman for his critical role on this journey. I highly recommend him and his staff at Seattle NTC.
in Seattle, WA |
My 16 yr old son has been under the care of Dr. Melman for over 3 months. He tried THREE different medications without having any form of communication with me or his father. Has terrible bedside manner and no empathy for my son's difficulties with both medications and symptoms. The worrisome part is that Dr Melman never told me what my son's diagnosis is, is always evasive about it, nor has he ever stated any rationale for his treatment plan for my son. We're looking for a new psychiatrist.
in Tacoma, WA |
I brought my father to NTC a few months ago as he's older and sufferring from severe bipolar disorder. Dr Melman has been arrogant and condescending, towards me when questioning the meds and more so the ECTs he "prescribed" for my father. NTC is Dr Melman's own business (a PLLC legally), so it's natural for him to prescribe shock treatments as much as he does, that's how NTC makes money! Stay away from him is my recommendation, unless you're 100% certain you need shock treatments.
in Seattle, WA |
One of the worst psychiatrists I've consulted with. Talks more than listens. Stares at his computer (his notes I presume) while asking questions, then spends 20+ mins typing new notes while I talk, barely looks up from his computer to face me. That's every session I've had with him, not just the initial consultation.
in Tacoma, WA |
I have been under Dr. Melman's care since 2000. I suffer from bipolar, mostly depression. Dr. Melman is the first doctor who has ever been successful in treating my disorder. I don't understand the negative comments as I never experienced any of them. Dr. Melman listens and closely, and responds in a manner that does not judge or over-diagnose. Unlike other doctors who want to tell a patient about his or her poor judgement, he allows the patient to reach those conclusions through patient counsel
in Seattle, WA |
I have bipolar disorder, and he over-medicated me with anti-psychotics aggressively over 2 yrs, even though I was getting worse, couldn't control my symptoms at all. I switched doctors (and hospitals) and I'm getting more personalized, evidence-based treatment, my symptoms are slowly back in check. Do NOT recommend him neither his NTC.
in Seattle, WA |
There's no compassion or concern from him when you bring a problem up, its always a standard response (this sounds like a setback, need to increase the dose). He gets flustered because it's more work for him I guess. He can't wait to kick me out of the door as soon as he hands me the prescription. His front desk staff doesn't help with being rude and condescending either.
Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Melman, MD?
Are you Dr. Melman?

Compare Dr. Melman

Dr. Melman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry
  •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Dr. Melman has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Why It Matters: Dr. Melman's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

UCLA Neuro Inst

Completed in 1985

Virginia Mason Medical Center

Completed in 1982

Dr. Melman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Melman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Other Psychiatric Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)