Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD

RheumatologyMaleAge 70

Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD is a Rheumatology Specialist in McHenry, IL and has over 45 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Margules has more experience with Osteoporosis & Screening and Arthritis & Arthropathy than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Chicago Medical School Rosalind Franklin University medical school in 1976. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Advocate Condell Medical Center and Aurora Medical Center in Kenosha. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Margules to book an appointment.

5435 Bull Valley Rd Ste 102 McHenry, IL 60050

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Rheumatology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Frequently Treated by Dr. Margules

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Margules treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Margules treats other conditions, please contact the office at (815) 344-0410.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Margules is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Arthritis & Arthropathy

Arthritis and arthropathy specialists diagnose and treat diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis that damage joints, causing pain, stiffness and swelling.Compare with other Arthritis & Arthropathy specialists.

Dr. Margules is experienced in the area of Arthritis & Arthropathy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

Very High

Check Dr. Margules' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Margules' conditions and procedures:

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Felty's Syndrome
  • Gout
  • Hepatitis B - Immune Response
  • Juvenile Chronic Arthritis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Vasculitis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

Dr. Margules accepts

Dr. Margules accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care

Dr. Margules' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Margules

3.6

Dr. Margules?
  • Explained conditions well (22)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (22)
  • Listened & answered questions (21)
  • Office environment (10)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (9)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (8)
Dr. Margulies, is the best in his field! He has managed my pain due to rheumatoid arthritis and other immune disorders, he’s Professional friendly and he’s a doctor that truly listens to what you are concerned about, he doesn’t rush through the appointment very understanding and kind. The best doctor I’ve ever been to
Laura Gialluisi – Dec 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD?
Dr Margules is a fantastic doctor. He is friendly, kind, patient and knowledgeable. He seems to really care about his patients and takes time to talk to them and explain things. He always makes sure your questions are answered before leaving. The problem and great disservice to him is the HORRID front office staff. They are painfully rude and nasty. I received the bill for my balance due after my insurance made payment. There was no due date printed on the bill. I mailed a check in at the end of the same month when I did my bill payments. Two weeks later, I receive another bill with a 30-dollar late fee. I phoned the office to follow up since the check cleared. I interacted with this rude and vulgar woman, I think her name was Edie, when I asked to be credited the late fee she erupted with nastiness and told me to pay it or she would be happy to send my file to another doctor. I have never seen such outward rude behavior in a professional setting before. I will not return
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Bill L. – Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD?
He is not a good doctor. I don’t know how these people say such nice things. He rushes me and won’t listen to symptoms. Won’t look at rashes. He won’t let me talk. I feel let down again. He changes what I have this last time is debilitating fibromyalgia and he can’t do anything for me. His wife is the lady at the front and she’s rude.
Disappointed – Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD?
Dr. Margules truly listens to your health issues and knows what actions to take to make you medical problems easier to tolerate. Also a great office.
John Francis – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD?
Dr. Margules has been treating my Rheumatoid Arthritis for over 12 years. He is so very kind to me. He has made my life easier for years. He prescribes medicines that make it easier to move my hands.
Mary – Nov 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD?
I suffered chronic pain from adolescence. Many doctors called me a drug seeker. The first time I saw Dr. Margulies, he diagnosed my Fibromyalgia. When the medical establishment finally acknowledged the Fibromyalgia, medications finally became available to treat my medical issue.
Saagaadaa – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD?
Best RA Doc we've ever seen. Spent an hour explaining how all the med choices for RA work. Learned that taking folic acid with methotrexate cancels it out. I had been told to do that by other RA docs, taking meds that cross each other out, rendering the Metho useless for 10 years. Other docs just doubled my dosage of Metho and Humira. No other RA Doc ever explained that to me! Changed all my meds, only taking 1/2 what I use to, yet I've never felt better. Finally someone who will stop the RA from continuing to progress! An answer to our prayers.
Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD?
After many years as his patient I got a form letter he was dropping me. No explanation just done. I have extensive issues he's delt well with for years. I think his poor front office staff just sends these letters out without his knowledge.
Grayslake, IL – Feb 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD?
Please stay away from this office. The front office "girls" are extremely rude and do not raise their head to acknowledge you when you walk in. I waited 2 minutes for Megan to get off the phone before she said How can I help you. I was angry because when I paid my bill by check it was incorrectly entered for $87.42 instead of $57.42 also, according to my bank this was entered as an account withdrawl instead of my check going through my bank, so my bank had no copy of my check. Instead of apologi
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
johnnicat in beach park, IL – Oct 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD?
Went to pick up the refill for my pain medication for my fibromyalgia flare ups. I was informed by the pharmacist that he cancelled my prescription. That's right, despite having a refill left, they decided, nope, not anymore. No reason given, no heads up. He has a strict no-call-in-prescription policy and books out 4-6 weeks in advance. They require you come in for a visit in order to get any prescription. Tried calling twice and can't get through to get answers.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sarah in Waukegan, IL – Sep 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD?
Dr Margules listens to your concerns and then answers questions so i can understand. He has helped me be able to keep moving ,without to much pain!! Before finding him i was misdiagnosed and told to take some otc med. Dr Margules knows his field extremely well and is a very caring doctor. I don't know what i would do without him!
Christa in Libertyville, IL – Sep 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD?
Took time to listen to my problems and concerns with pain killers, then proceede to do exactly as he wanted, which was load me up with pain killers. On the 2nd visit i was shown to the disgusting dirty and rundown exam room where was left for an hour, I left. he did take the time to call me and apologize so I went back. The third visit he again apologized, then asked me how to meds were working, I said they weren't doing anything, he got huffy and with no discussion, cortisone shots. Not on my
Lindenhurst, IL – Mar 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD?
By far the most compassionate doctor I have ever seen. He took extreme care in getting a accurate history listened to my concerns and made me feel like a part of my own treatment plan and explained things every step of the way. He had a great bedside manor was extremely experienced and though I finally feel for the first time in three years that there's hope
Serenity in Zion IL – Feb 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Margules, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Margules?

• Rheumatology