Dr. Kenneth H. Joel, MD

Dr. Kenneth H. Joel, MD

Pain Medicine | Male | 58 years old

A thorough examination of my patients is performed. The patients are given the time required to ask questions and receive comprehensive care. A therapeutic plan is formulated and discussed with the patient. The treatment is provided in a state of the art facility. Compassionate personalized care is provided to all of our patients until a satisfactory result is reached.Read more

Dr. Joel's Experience

See how Dr. Joel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Joel

Dr. Joel accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Joel has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Joel
Dr. Joel's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (36)
in Roswell, GA |
After living years in chronic pain at level 10- 24. I truly had given up all hope that anything would ever change until, I met Dr. Joel. He listens & treats you with dignity & respect. His assurance was, that as a team ,we were going to improve my quality of life tremendously, & he kept his word. In a short period of time I was off my fentnyl patch & other medications I'd never thought possible. treatments -procedures &therapies my quality of life coninues to improve on a daily basis.
in Roswell, GA |
He is arrogant & mentally vacant. Example: pretending to review MRI report upside down! Continued to try & force me onto Oxycottin! By ignoring blatant changes/unbearable disabling pain.LL3-4 nerve root completely pinched for 8 months! causing irreparable damage to my spine& hip! He then fired his head PA to take blame. He outright states that Medicare patients don't pay enough to merit MRI exams! As Board of Director head he said policy was treat&strert Medicare patients. I would not recommen
I think you may be talking about the wrong person. I do not concern myself with any payment amounts by Medicare or any other payer and determine reimbursement to myself and my practice a low priority. Our philosophy at our center is to minimize patients use of narcotics and try to find other modalities to improve their quality of life. My practice does not have a PA. We have one wonderful nurse practitioner whom I trust and find her to be an excellent diagnostician who is very reliable.
in Alpharetta, GA |
In my journey with chronic pain this past year, I was fortunate to find a dedicated and committed doctor, Dr. Kenneth Joel. Through all of the trials of finding a proper treatment, he has guided me with compassion and patience. Although, for me, there may not be an end to chronic pain, Dr. Joel is helping me learn to better manage it.
in Roswell, GA |
I have had awful lower back pain for 8 years, due to overuse from competitive cheerleading. In the past two years I have seen 3 diff. chiropractors, my primary care doc, countless massage therapists, two spine centers with zero pain relief. I could hardly sleep anymore and couldn't concentrate at work. I was then referred to Dr. Joel (by another spine center might I add!). After treatment, I now am 100% pain free, can sleep, and concentrate at work now. I highly recommend him!
Thank you for your comments.
in Dawsonville |
I've been going to the pain and spine center for about 10 years now after a failed back surgery. Dr. Joel was my initial doctor at the center. He tries to help his patients and it's not always easy to help people with chronic pain. Dr. Joel has always explained things well to me and taken the necessary time with me to ensure I was comfortable with the information he was providing. I know he always will make the correct decisions when it comes to my health and my condition.
in Roswell, GA |
He has no problem pushing procedures on his patients that may or MAYNOT work and being a patient that a procedure didn't work, to have him push other procedure on me (+/- $1000 out of pocket) was something I was not willing to do. Once I informed him of that, we was rude, his staff was rude and he made extremely inappropriate comments to me. He came highly recommended but I will never recommend him to anyone.
in Roswell, Ga |
This so called doctor verbally abused me. I would NEVER go back to North Fulton Pain and Spine as long as he works there. He talked down to me and made me cry. Stay away from this so called dr!!!
in Dahlonega, Ga |
Dr. Joel accurately diagnosed me after over 2 years of searching for the cause of my debilitating widespread pain. With an upcoming treatment plan going into action, our confidence for getting my life back looks more promising than it has since the disease's initial onset. With/out the succession of this treatment, I can honestly say that Dr. Joel was the first and only(of the many specialists I have seen) to show an attentive nature that was based on my wellbeing. He cares about his patients.
in Georgia |
Dr. Joel has been my Doctor for over 5 years. He has always treated me as if I am the only one in the examine room. He listens and he actually hears what I am saying. In addition, he has always explained his plan of treatment.
Have you seen Dr. Kenneth H. Joel, MD?

Compare Dr. Joel

Dr. Joel's Care Philosophy

Dr. Joel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Joel has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Joel's Board Certifications

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Facet Joint Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 1977

University of Georgia

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Joel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Joel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine

• Botox® for Chronic Migraine
  • Celiac Plexus Block
  • Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Conscious Sedation
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epidural Steroid Injections
  • Stellate Ganglion Block
  • Thoracic Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Vertebroplasty

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.