Dr. Kenneth Hansraj, MD

Dr. Kenneth Hansraj, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Kenneth Hansraj, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Poughkeepsie, NY. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Hansraj is affiliated with Westchester Medical Center.

243 North Rd Ste 202S

Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Hansraj

See how frequently Dr. Hansraj performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Back Pain
Herniated Disc
Low Back Pain
high

Dr. Hansraj's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Hahnemann University
  • The Ca Center For Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • The Hospital For Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Hansraj has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hansraj does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hansraj and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hansraj's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hansraj to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Hansraj's Performance
in Lake Hill, NY |
Dr. Hansraj did an all-around excellent job with repairing my back injury. I was in bad shape by the time I came to him seeking his help. I had already tried everything else medically possible (steroid injections, etc.) before deciding to consult a surgeon. I was in constant pain and my numb left leg and foot would sometimes just give-out on me. I could barely walk or sit. Dr. Hansraj took good care of me through the entire process and I can say that I'm no longer in pain and very active again.
in Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 |
Dr. Hansraj is an excellent doctor. He takes his time to listen to your needs and then execute the proper care without hesitation. If you ever had the opportunity to have surgery done by Dr. Hansraj his bedside manners can also be said by one word, excellent. Another good quality about Dr. Hansraj if you have one question or many he takes the time to answer them all. Please read his book very informative information.
in Hopewell Junction, NY |
He is an excellent doctor who really cares about his patients.
in Vero Beach, FL |
4 members of my family had successful surgery at the hands of one of Best Orthopedic Surgeon's, Dr. Hansraj, including my C-SPINE surgery. After moving to Florida and eventually needing Lumbar surgery there was no doubt which Dr. I would trust. I consider Dr Hansraj and his staff part of my family because He and his staff has always treated me as part of theirs. Dr Hansraj will have a solution for the health of your spine.
in New City, NY |
Dr. Hansraj spent a lot of time discussing and getting to the root cause of my back pain and how to address it in the context of making lifestyle adjustments, exercising and generally being in tune with my body, not relying solely on medication. Options regarding surgical intervention were presented without pressure which was not my experience with other providers. Dr. Hansraj is an expert in matters of the spine and is very informative and helpful and shows genuine concern and warmth.
Dr. Ken was very kind, diagnosed my condition and clearly explained the test results so that I fully understood why I had the pain I did. He arranged for the MRI as well as recommended a physiotherapist that was very helpful. He also made recommendations for alternative therapies I could try prior to surgery as a last resort. Dr. Marcia Griffin-Hansraj was also very kind and knowledgeable. They gave me hope that I would heal and the answers and advice I needed to get better. Excellent people!
in Nyack, NY |
Dr. Hansraj is an exceptionally professional and caring doctor. Unlike many surgeons he is not quick to advocate surgery unless absolutely necessary, which was a great relief to me. He was very careful in proposing a course of treatment for me, I would not hesitate to recommend him
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
I should've wrote this a long time ago. In July 2014 Dr Hansraj performed an l4-l5 microdisectomy. I remember reading a review and it said you don't see more positive reviews about spine surgery bc people are too busy living their life pain free. Lol I'm proof that's true! I was 30 had a 2 yr old and boy was I in pain. long story short saw doc he did surgery and I've been pain free since I woke up from surgery. He's worth the long waits ;) humble intelligent capable truthful and comforting.
in NY |
I'm extremely satisfied with the level of care that I received from Dr. Hansraj. He is very detail oriented and uses state of the art technology and explains things that you in a way you can understand even if you don't work in healthcare. Highly recommended.
in Newburgh, NY |
My mom was in agony for almost 4 months. She had an MRI and was sent to a pain mgmt doctor who gave her shots over a 2 month period and said other than medication there was nothing he could do. My son took her to see Dr. Hansraj who recognized from that same MRI that she had a herniated disk and that was the cause of her pain. The radiologist didn't pick it up and neither did the pain mgmt doctor. She had surgery within the week and is pain-free and walking again. He's a very humble man, an
in Milton, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Hansraj because he does a through job and has a great way of connecting with his patients.
in Hyde Park, NY |
i had gone to another doctor who would not do the appropriate care i needed. my primary referred me to Dr. Hansraj who saw to my needs immediatly. All of my appointments were scheduled for my by his office staff and everything went as planned. I am in the process of recovery.
in Pleasant Valley, NY |
Great interaction with his patients....
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
Dr. Hansraj has been my physician for 15 years. Doctor Ken is an excellent surgeon. What sets him apart is that he will exhaust all non surgical options before exercising his art of surgery on his patients. Furthermore, when Dr. Ken does perform surgery he always approaches the patients' procedure as if it was his own spine that he is operating on. In doing so, Dr. Ken always takes the gentlest approach that will deliver the best results. There is no other spinal specialist for me!
in Poughkeepsie |
For a special spine surgeon how can he over look a huge spine issue which a Chiropracter found on xrays? Never again will go there.
Garrison, NY |
I feel he tries to be friendly when you are with him, but that he doesn't listen well. His office staff are very nice. I realize doctors sometimes have emergencies. However, he has kept us waiting 9 out of 10 times for well over an hour. He has never once apologized. He truly makes me want to find another doctor.
in Millerton, NY |
Please People find another SURGEON !!!! He did surgery on my husband and DID NOT do it at the right levels have proof on new MRI !!! He claims he needed to do a revision !!! which if you did it right the first time WHY would we need a revision ! We've lost everything My husband lives in Pain everyday. we live on his $1044.00 a month SSDI !! while he can go on his exotic trips and dine in the finest places, We just sink farther and farther into POVERTY ! I do work, but my husband was the $$ make
Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Hansraj, MD?
Are you Dr. Hansraj?

Visit Dr. Hansraj

Dr. Hansraj accepts 6 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO