Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Kenneth Fryer, MD
Dr. Kenneth Fryer, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Pismo Beach, CA. He is 72 years old and has been practicing for 47 years. Dr. Fryer is affiliated with Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center and French Hospital Medical Center.

921 Oak Park Blvd Ste 204

Pismo Beach, CA 93449

• Health Net
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Fryer

See how frequently Dr. Fryer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hands
Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
Hand Conditions

Dr. Fryer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Fryer "Areas of expertise: Hand Surgery, Arthroscopy, Orthopaedic Trauma, Orthopaedic Trauma, Work Related Injuries."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Neuroplasty
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for California.

• New York Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1970
  • San Francisco General Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1971
  • UCLA Wadsworth
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1975

Dr. Fryer has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Fryer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fryer to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Fryer's Performance
in Santa Maria, CA |
My husband Larry and more had to prine's contracture with several surgeries prior to dr. Fryer and two of his fingers were frozen solid in a 45 degree locked position. Dr fryer went in there and spent a long time cleaning up the tendons. Afterwards my husband fingers were normal and they never went back which often happens when the doctor doesn't do the proper surgery but Dr fryer did a fantastic job
in SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA |
Regarding my office visit on June 27, 2017; except for not being greeted when I arrived at reception check-in and waiting a few seconds for attention which I had to initiate conversation, everything else about my visit to Dr. Fry was excellent and pleasant. I have had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Fry multiple times in the past and again today. Each time he was thorough in evaluating my symptoms, giving me an idea of a diagnosis, stating tests needed to confirm and then return for treatment plan
Irvine, CA |
Terrible lack of customer care. Promised return calls daily. No response, no follow up. Never had a worse doctor experience.
in San Luis Obispo, CA |
Always good. I TRUST him. After 3 surgeries over 30 years, I should know! Due to insurance I had to go elsewhere for last one, and came out not a happy camper. I regret not waiting for insurance to change so I could return to Dr. Fryer.
in Paso Robles, CA |
i arrived at 2:55 for my 3 p.m. appt, with my 'new patient' paperwork all filled out. i waited in reception 1 hour exactly. exam room wait was 18 minutes. i met with Dr. Fryer for 9 minutes, which is likely adequate for the diagnosis. there were other patients that also had this experience my day, the front desk had no explanation for the wait time. when i arrived at 2:55, i asked if Dr.Fryer was on schedule; the receptionist said yes, no emergencies, and said i was next!
Morro Bay, CA |
Dr. Fryer explained what was needed to ease my "trigger finger." He gave me a cortizone injection and explained that it would take a few days for the full effect.
in Cayucos, CA |
Aria got me in very quickly to see the Doctor for an examination and follow up to deal with an encounter with a table saw. Dr. Fryer and his assistant, Sonya are very professional and friendly. Hope I won't need to go back anytime soon!
in San Luis Obispo CA |
Dr. Fryer gave me the choice of either an injection or surgery for my trigger finger. I opted for the injection which was done quickly and immediately following my decision. I was advised that if the injection didn't resolve the problem, that I should return. He was just as pleasant as he was 11 years ago when I saw him for a trigger thumb (with injection).
He explained every detail of my surgery during my pre-op visit. He listened to my concerns.
in San Luis Obispo, CA |
7 weeks after my wrist surgery to repair a torn ligament and I am already gaining more strength and motion that I should. Dr. Fryer is good at what he does in terms of surgery, but in appointments he is a minimalist. If you want information you have to ask questions.
in Morro Bay, CA |
He did my carpal tunnel surgery a few years ago on both wrists. They healed perfectly and they are 100% better. I do heavy work with my hands daily and my arms have never had any pain or problems. Perfect surgery and full recovery back to 100%. His style is a bit gruff but I prefer straight talk from my doctor as opposed to sugar coated. He is very professional.
Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Fryer, MD?
Are you Dr. Fryer?