Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 40

Dr. Estrera

TMI Sports Medicine & Orthopedics, Frisco, TX

5680 Frisco Square Blvd Ste 1200 Frisco, TX 75034

Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD is a Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Frisco, TX. Dr. Estrera has more experience with Knee/Lower Limbs and Hip/Pelvic Bones than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Medical City Frisco and Medical City Plano. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Estrera to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in Frisco

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Dr. Estrera accepts

Dr. Estrera accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Knee/Lower Limbs

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.Compare with other Knee/Lower Limbs specialists.

Typically treats 78% more than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Knee Disorders

Dr. Estrera treats Knee Disorders more than 100% of their peers

Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Estrera treats Osteoarthritis of Knee more than 100% of their peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Estrera treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 99% of their peers

Dr. Estrera treats this condition more than 99% of their peers

Hip/Pelvic Bones

Hip surgery includes arthroscopy, fracture repair, resurfacing, and replacment to treat conditions affecting the hip, such as arthritis, dysplasia, and injuries.Compare with other Hip/Pelvic Bones specialists.

Typically treats 73% more than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Osteoarthritis of Hip

Dr. Estrera treats Osteoarthritis of Hip more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Estrera treats this condition more than 100% of their peers

Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)

Dr. Estrera treats Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis) more than 97% of their peers

Dr. Estrera treats this condition more than 97% of their peers

• Avascular Necrosis
  • Avascular Necrosis of Femoral Head, Familial Form
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Heel Spur
  • Trigger Finger

Dr. Estrera's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Estrera

Dr. Estrera?
Dr Estrera is an OUTSTANDING Doctor, THE BEST!!!! He is extremely caring, nice, knowledgeable, professional, thoughtful, makes himself available to help his patients. He did knee replacement surgery on both of my knees. The entire experience was perfect! His staff is outstanding as well. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR KENNETH ESTRERA!
Beth Donnelly – Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
Terrific. I'm 85 years old, but his technique made my recovery easier and faster than the old-fashioned replacement methods. So glad I found him before going the older way. Dr. Estrera himself called almost very day for the first week or so to see how I was doing
James Gordon Graham – Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
I came to know Dr. Estrera through another one of his patients, and all the praise she gave him. I found out for myself that she was not only correct in her assessment of him, but could not have possibly conveyed the extent to which he and his staff strive to offer the best orthopedic surgery experience to all their patients. My story involved a previous total knee replacement that had failed due to manufacturing problems with the brand of implant I had received. Dr Estrera was willing to do all he could to diagnose the problem, and ultimately decided I needed a total knee Revision. Since the surgery involved removing the previous implant in order to place the new knee, he explained that it would be more painful and require more extensive rehabilitation. I expected all those problems, and was so overjoyed to awaken from the surgery feeling no worse than I did with the initial knee replacement done only 2 & 1/2 years prior. Dr Estrera is an awesome surgeon!
Aug 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
I was extremely pleased with the recent replacement of my right hip. I will use Dr. Estrera for the left hip if I have to have it replaced later
Dr. Richard Irwin – Jun 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
Dr. Estrera and team are extremely patient concentric! I had two full knee replacements and the focus on me was always top of mind. I highly recommend Dr. Estrera.
Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
Dr. Estrera is the best! He has replaced both of my knees and I highly recommend him. My first surgery was at a hospital closer to my home, but he had moved to Frisco by the time I needed my second surgery. I live 50 miles away but did not hesitate to continue with him. His staff is great, too, and his post-op follow-up has been wonderful. I had to delay my first surgery for unavoidable reasons and my knee was barely holding me up by the time I had surgery. Still, recovery went well and I felt
Apr 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
Dr. Estrera is an amazing and talented surgeon with a caring and wonderful bedside manner. His staff is exceptional. Dr Estrera is available during the entire pre and post op periods for any questions or concerns. I recently had bilateral total knee replacements 8 weeks apart and my quality of life has already improved tremendously and I am only 3 weeks post the second operation. I would recommend Dr. Estrera to my family and friends without any reservations.
Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
Dr. Estrera and his team have made this whole experience great. I am 4 weeks out from my surgery and I am off meds, walking without assistance, and driving again. Who would have thought knee replacement would go so smoothly. Thank you Dr. Estrera for the wonderful gift you have.
Apr 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
Simply the best experience I could ever had hope for Thanks Doc . Really a great Doctor start to finish , well almost finished he did my surgery on 2/27/2019. Mark Crawford
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
Dr. Estrera is wonderful, he explained all questions I had before surgery and after. The afternoon after he replaced my right hip I was up walking and no longer in any pain. I will recommend him to any of my family and friends.
C Mogg in Little Elm – Feb 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
I was referred to Dr Estrera, and found him to be a class Dr, explains the procedure well, and i believe is the best Choice for knee replacement in DFW area, i have had him replace both knees 7 weeks apart and highly recomend him
Dwayne in HV – Feb 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
Great doctor who truly cares about his patients. Very accessible. Pre-consultation and follow up is exceptional.
Bryan Stout in Frisco, TX – Jan 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
Dr. Estrera and his staff were great throughout the process of my knee replacement. He explained the benefits of the surgery, answered all my questions, and called me personally to check on my progress during my recovery. I have already recommended him to friends and family and will continue to do so.
Jolene Jackson in Tyler, TX – Jan 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
Exceptional Doctor....Exceptional care. I’m so glad that I chose Dr. Estrera to do my knee replacement surgery. The care I received was exceptional from start to finish. I would recommend him to anyone who is considering surgery.
Lynn Healy in McKinney, TX – Nov 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
Dr. Kenneth Estrera is a very gifted orthopedic surgeon. My wife and I have both followed him from UTSW after being his patients for four years. We both have had total knee replacements with great success. He is a very compassionate and caring Doctor, encompassing all your health needs to make you comfortable. His office has their own physical therapy group who are very professional and caring with top of the line equipment. Needless to say, we love him and highly recommend him.
John Davenport in Dallas , TX – Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
Dr. Estrera is the best choice possible! He has my strongest possible recommendation! I recommend him to everyone.
Larry R. Meacham in Frisco, TX – Oct 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
Very knowledgeable and professional. Excellent knee surgeon, that well educate his patients. Total experience of having the knee surgeries was handled by very well.
Linda Lomax in Desoto, TX – Oct 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
After much research I selected Dr Estrera and his staff to take care of my needs for a total hip replacement. I traveled 500 miles away from home to ensure I had the right match for me. If you require a doctor that will give you options on your care and have that personal touch to ensure you have the most confidence in your care - this is the place to go. We all have choices on where we go for care - why not go to the very best! There is a reason he is one of Dallas Texas top Doctors!
Jill Maschmeier in forgan, OK – Oct 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
I have brought my wife and sister to see Dr. Estrera at TMI and have only had good experiences.
Dale in Plano, TX – Oct 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Estrera! He's a a smart, considerate & thorough doc with a calm demeanor and great communication skills. Surgery and rehab has been far better than I could have imagined. I'm very pleased with my results!
Scott S in Heath, TX – Sep 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kenneth Estrera, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Estrera?

Not all patients need surgery, which is why Dr. Estrera exhausts all nonoperative options before considering a hip or knee replacement. He notes that joint replacements are life-long commitments and says a vital part of his job is thus educating patients and their family members about the process, which improves the experience and eventual outcome.

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery