Dr. Kenneth Chang, MD

Dr. Kenneth Chang, MD

Ophthalmology  ·
Dr. Kenneth Chang, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Honolulu, HI and has been practicing for 11 years. He graduated from Univ Of Hi J a Burns Sch Med in 2001 and specializes in ophthalmology.Read his story

6600 Kalanianaole Hwy # 114C

Honolulu, HI 96825

Learn about Dr. Chang

See how frequently Dr. Chang performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetic Cataracts
Pterygium
Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Dr. Chang's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Chang's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Chang "When it comes to medicine, I find that if I listen hard enough, the patient will tell me their diagnoses. "

This content was provided by Dr. Chang "Dr. Chang specializes in cataract surgery, and provides diagnostic expertise & medical management for all visual complaints.  For Dr. Chang, engaging patients in the decision making process is the essential part of treatment; "Once we make a diagnosis, the treatment really depends on the patient.  One size doesn't fit all."  This is particularly true with cataract surgery; "People have different needs and preferences, and there are a myriad of surgical options.  Every choice comes with a tradeoff, and my job is to help patients make optimal decisions for themselves."

Dr. Chang returns to Oahu after being on faculty at Harvard Medical School for 7 years. He also taught advanced surgical courses, has several scholarly publications, and helped design unique computer based simulations designed to teach the cognitive aspects of cataract surgery.

"I am privileged to be back home and to bring back all the great things I've learned from so many great teachers.""

• Ophthalmology

• Blindness
  • Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Diabetic Cataracts
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis
  • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitreous Hemorrhage
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

• University Of California At Berkeley
  • Harvard Medical School-Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Johns Hopkins
    Other Education | Completed 2000

Dr. Chang has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chang's Reviews

3.6
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chang to family and friends

Dr. Chang's Performance

Dr. Chang Says:
"

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and bringing my attention to areas that you enjoyed or I need to improve upon.  Ultimately this will help me to take better care of you and other patients.  Have a wonderful day.

"

After suffering from blurry vision for more than 2 years and numerous prescriptions and treatments, I finally decided I would just have to live with it. After being referred to Dr.Kenneth Chang, who listened to my issues in detail, I was able to get relief. His comprehensive exam pinpointed the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Chang has been a pleasure to have helping my father. We are seeing wonderful improvements in his sight! Thank you Dr. Chang!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Chang is awesome. Does very gentle and precise work. Explains well and clear.. Listens well and knowledgeable.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I saw Dr. Chang and felt he was not concerned, but just going through the motions. He did not seem interested in explaining in enough detail to me. Because of my interaction with him, I did not follow his recommendation and went to another Ophthalmologist
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1

Your review was written after I left Pierre Pang's practice. I struggle to provide an appropriate response because this is likely a fake review. If you are a real person, please contact me directly and allow me to give you the explanation you deserve. Please feel free to email me: kkc0909@gmail.com. My office # is: 8083739373. I am sorry for your negative experience, and I would like to help.

Dr. Kenneth Chang did an eye laser on me when I didn't need it... terrible... I trusted him with my eyes but I can't believe what he did to my eyes. I would never ever recommend anyone to see him, very unprofessional...
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option3

Your review was written after I left Pierre Pang's practice. I struggle to provide you an appropriate response because I believe you were unfairly influenced to write this scathing review of me on social media. It's very sad on multiple levels. Please contact me directly at Eye Doctors Hawaii or seek another opinion so that you can feel confident that the procedure was correctly indicated and helped your vision. Your medical records will contain everything.