Dr. Kenneth Brown Jr, MD

Dr. Kenneth Brown Jr, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Kenneth Brown Jr, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Plano, TX. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Read his story

1600 Coit Rd Ste 301

Plano, TX 75075

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Brown Jr

See how frequently Dr. Brown Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Abdominal Pain
Abdominal Disorders
Gastritis

Dr. Brown Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Brown Jr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Brown Jr "I completed my fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, TX in 2004. Since then I have practiced gastroenterology in Plano, TX as a member of the Digestive Health Associates of Texas. My clinical interests are colon cancer screening, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), SIBO and GERD. As one of the few gastroenterologists that have included a research department with their medical practice, I have expanded knowledge on new technologies and treatments that I'm able to offer my patients. In addition to my clinical expertise, providing an excellent patient experience is very important to me and my team. We strive to provide the best healthcare and service available in the DFW area. "

This content was provided by Dr. Brown Jr "As a board-certified gastroenterologist in Plano TX, I believe excellent medical care not only involves prompt and compassionate service, but also active and ongoing patient education throughout the evaluation and treatment process."

• Gastroenterology

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures

Medical School | Graduated 1998
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Brown Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brown Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Brown Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown Jr to family and friends
Dr. Brown Jr Says:

Providing a positive patient experience with all aspects of my practice is very important to me and my entire team. We use the patient feedback on sites like Healthgrades to gauge both areas that we can improve upon and as acknowledgement that the care and service provided is appreciated as well. I encourage all current and prospective patients to view not only the survey responses regarding my...

Dr. Brown Jr's Performance
Paris, IDF |
Very satisfied with the endoscopy procedure. Obviously nervous before having the endoscopy done, but I didn't feel anything during the procedure or even remember much. The worst part is the anticipation. I had zero side effects after the procedure was done. I would recommend Dr. Brown to anyone with gastrointestinal problems. I also travel very frequently and Dr. Brown was kind enough to squeeze my endoscopy in the next day after my appointment with him instead of waiting months.
Plano |
I had put having a colonoscopy for 5 years due to fear of the procedure. Dr. Brown and his staff were wonderful and my fear was unfounded. It is quick and painless.
in Wylie, TX |
The absolute easiest procedure ever. Fantastic skills and bedside manner.
in Plano, TX |
My insurance listed Dr. Brown as an Aexcel blue star doctor meaning that he provides the best value to the patient (cost, care, outcome, etc.). So I scheduled a routine colonoscopy with Dr. Brown. I met him just before I went under anesthesia and again just after the procedure. He explained everything quite well. It was obvious that he is passionate about his profession and really does care. The staff at Preston Crossing Endoscopy were top notch too. I highly recommend Dr. Brown.
in Wylie, TX |
Dr. Brown is a very personable and thorough doctor. He takes time to sit down with you and listen to any of your concerns.
in Wills point |
My husband and myself go to Dr. Brown. I've recommended him to all of my family and friends. Very attentive and fully explains everything to one's understanding. Office staff are so understanding and friendly.
in Plano, TX |
I would recommend Dr Brown to anyone young or old, for both Endoscopy or Colonoscopy. I have gone to Dr Brown for a reflux problem as well, it has been probably the last 10 years.
in Plano, TX |
All of his Dr. Brown's glowing reviews are well-deserved. He is the best doctor around. You would be in the best hands possible trusting him with your health needs. He is patient, easy to talk with, and a good listener. He will do his best to come up with treatment options to help you and even though he is the expert, will make you feel as if you are working together as one team to resolve your issue. His staff are also wonderful and always make the office experience pleasant and hassle-free.
in Frisco, TX |
My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Brown for years and we have always received excellent care from him and his staff.
in Plano, TX |
Completely comfortable. Dr. Brown explained everything to me, was professional and courteous. It was an experience I wish other professionals practiced during procedures.
in Wylie, TX |
Dr. Brown is fantastic GI doctor. He really seems to have the patients well being in mind during all treatment options and always willing to listen to any and all suggestions. He is very thorough and explains things so that you know what's going on. His staff is all great too
in Plano, TX |
Dr Brown just took 5 minutes with me, didn't go through the results with me, just listened to my symptoms, wrote them on the computer, then stood up , told the nurse to order a test, and left. I was not given an explanation of my symptoms, whether I have to keep taking a previous medication or not, a plan to follow . Doctors need to incorporate the mind when healing the body. Take time with your patient, talk to them, being heard and have feedback is part of the healing process.
Thank you for your feedback. Taking the time to listen and answer all patient questions is something that is very important to me and my practice. Unfortunately, it appears that I did not provide that experience in this case and for that I apologize. I encourage any patient that has questions or concerns after an office visit to contact me at 972-867-0019. I'll call them at my first availability to answer their questions or discuss anything that may not have been covered at the office.
Eureka Springs, AR |
Recommend completely.
in Sweetwater, TX |
I have been very pleased with Dr.Brown both in the office and colonoscopies and endoscopes.
in Argyle, TX |
I had my first colonoscopy in May, and I found Dr. Brown and the staff to be friendly, and professional. His assistant was particularly great, keeping me occupied while we waited for the Dr. to come in. Post op was easy, and Dr. Brown took his time with me explaining the procedure results, and answered any questions I had. I really liked Dr. Brown, and would trust him for any and all gastrointestinal issues. Great guy.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Brown is thorough and knowledgable, I have already recommended to two of my friends.
in Dallas, TX |
Wasn't very caring of my GI concerns. Saw me for a few minutes and the recommended a colonoscopy which didn't seem appropriate.
It's disappointing to hear that any patient would feel that I was not caring in regards to their health or able to discuss all of their questions while at my practice and for that I apologize. I will point out that colonoscopy is the primary screening procedure used by gastroenterologists and can be both diagnostic and therapeutic. If a patient has any concerns over a suggested treatment regimen, I would encourage them to let me know and we'll discuss my reasoning and all other options.
in Plano, TX |
I've seen Dr. Brown for two colonoscopies and will be going back to him for all follow-ups. He's a comfortable physician for the patient while also having a high level of skills.
in Dallas, TX |
I'm totally satisfied with Dr. Brown and have been for a number of years. Would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a gastroenterologist. He's kindly, very understanding and explains things well.
in Plano, TX |
Online looks good, But office was a nightmare. No one smiled, cost $286.00 to be told they won't do a Colonoscopy because I don't want to be knocked out.
We pride ourselves on providing great customer service to each patient, so I apologize that my staff did not deliver that experience in this instance. In regards to performing a colonoscopy without anesthesia, I'm not opposed to it but there are several factors to be considered and discussed with the patient before that decision is be made. I would encourage the reviewer to call the practice at 972-867-0019 and I would be happy to discuss their concerns.
in Coppell, TX |
Dr. Brown essentially saved my life so a 5 star status seems very underrated. After complaints of abdominal pain to my PCP with a follow up cat scan (normal), he dismissed me with prescription for Mirilax. I was getting worse, so I went back to Dr Brown who previously did my colonoscopy. After a normal endoscopy, he ordered another cat scan that day. It showed abnormal tissue in the uterine lining. I am 2 weeks status post total hysterectomy; it was caught in time. He is a wonderful Doctor!!!
in Plano, TX |
Fantastic! Fast and efficient.
in Plano , TX |
The best Doctor's office experience that I have ever had. The front office staff are super friendly and doctor Brown is so awesome. The appointment went exactly how I expected it to go. Special thanks to Nurse Niz and to Julia at the check out for making this a wonderful experience!
Dr. Brown and his team are highly professional, very friendly, concerned about patient comfort, and very efficient.
in Plano TX |
Having had a colonoscopy before and my husband had numerous times with Dr. Brown I feel he is very competent and his staff seems very competent and friendly.. I would recommend him for sure.
in Plano, TX |
My colonoscopy went as planned and Dr. Brown and his staff did a great job letting me know exactly what was going to happen beforehand and then explaining how it went afterwards. Couldn't have been better.
Have you seen Dr. Kenneth Brown Jr, MD?

Visit Dr. Brown Jr