Dr. Kenneth J. Brown Jr., MD

Dr. Kenneth J. Brown Jr., MD

Gastroenterology | Male | 45 years old

As a board-certified gastroenterologist in Plano TX, I believe excellent medical care not only involves prompt and compassionate service, but also active and ongoing patient education throughout the evaluation and treatment process.Read more

Digestive Health Associates of Texas
1600 Coit Rd Ste 301
Plano, TX 75075 Get Directions

2017 Five Star Recipient for Treatment of Bowel Obstruction

View Ratings

Dr. Brown Jr.'s Experience

See how Dr. Brown Jr.'s experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Brown Jr.

Dr. Brown Jr. accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Brown Jr. has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Brown Jr.'s Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown Jr. to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Brown Jr.
Dr. Brown Jr.'s Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (105)
Dr. Brown Jr. Says:

in Plano, TX |
Dr Brown just took 5 minutes with me, didn't go through the results with me, just listened to my symptoms, wrote them on the computer, then stood up , told the nurse to order a test, and left. I was not given an explanation of my symptoms, whether I have to keep taking a previous medication or not, a plan to follow . Doctors need to incorporate the mind when healing the body. Take time with your patient, talk to them, being heard and have feedback is part of the healing process.
Eureka Springs, AR |
Recommend completely.
in Sweetwater, TX |
I have been very pleased with Dr.Brown both in the office and colonoscopies and endoscopes.
in Argyle, TX |
I had my first colonoscopy in May, and I found Dr. Brown and the staff to be friendly, and professional. His assistant was particularly great, keeping me occupied while we waited for the Dr. to come in. Post op was easy, and Dr. Brown took his time with me explaining the procedure results, and answered any questions I had. I really liked Dr. Brown, and would trust him for any and all gastrointestinal issues. Great guy.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Brown is thorough and knowledgable, I have already recommended to two of my friends.
in Dallas, TX |
Wasn't very caring of my GI concerns. Saw me for a few minutes and the recommended a colonoscopy which didn't seem appropriate.
It's disappointing to hear that any patient would feel that I was not caring in regards to their health or able to discuss all of their questions while at my practice and for that I apologize. I will point out that colonoscopy is the primary screening procedure used by gastroenterologists and can be both diagnostic and therapeutic. If a patient has any concerns over a suggested treatment regimen, I would encourage them to let me know and we'll discuss my reasoning and all other options.
in Plano, TX |
I've seen Dr. Brown for two colonoscopies and will be going back to him for all follow-ups. He's a comfortable physician for the patient while also having a high level of skills.
in Dallas, TX |
I'm totally satisfied with Dr. Brown and have been for a number of years. Would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a gastroenterologist. He's kindly, very understanding and explains things well.
in Plano, TX |
Online looks good, But office was a nightmare. No one smiled, cost $286.00 to be told they won't do a Colonoscopy because I don't want to be knocked out.
We pride ourselves on providing great customer service to each patient, so I apologize that my staff did not deliver that experience in this instance. In regards to performing a colonoscopy without anesthesia, I'm not opposed to it but there are several factors to be considered and discussed with the patient before that decision is be made. I would encourage the reviewer to call the practice at 972-867-0019 and I would be happy to discuss their concerns.
in Coppell, TX |
Dr. Brown essentially saved my life so a 5 star status seems very underrated. After complaints of abdominal pain to my PCP with a follow up cat scan (normal), he dismissed me with prescription for Mirilax. I was getting worse, so I went back to Dr Brown who previously did my colonoscopy. After a normal endoscopy, he ordered another cat scan that day. It showed abnormal tissue in the uterine lining. I am 2 weeks status post total hysterectomy; it was caught in time. He is a wonderful Doctor!!!
in Plano, TX |
Fantastic! Fast and efficient.
in Plano , TX |
The best Doctor's office experience that I have ever had. The front office staff are super friendly and doctor Brown is so awesome. The appointment went exactly how I expected it to go. Special thanks to Nurse Niz and to Julia at the check out for making this a wonderful experience!
Dr. Brown and his team are highly professional, very friendly, concerned about patient comfort, and very efficient.
in Plano TX |
Having had a colonoscopy before and my husband had numerous times with Dr. Brown I feel he is very competent and his staff seems very competent and friendly.. I would recommend him for sure.
in Plano, TX |
My colonoscopy went as planned and Dr. Brown and his staff did a great job letting me know exactly what was going to happen beforehand and then explaining how it went afterwards. Couldn't have been better.
Have you seen Dr. Kenneth J. Brown Jr., MD?

Compare Dr. Brown Jr.

More Gastroenterology Specialists like Dr. Brown Jr. at Digestive Health Associates of Texas

Dr. Brown Jr.'s Care Philosophy

Dr. Brown Jr. says...

Providing a positive patient experience with all aspects of my practice is very important to me and my entire team. We use the patient feedback on sites like Healthgrades to gauge both areas that we can improve upon and as acknowledgement that the care and service provided is appreciated as well. I encourage all current and prospective patients to view not only the survey responses regarding my practice on Healthgrades, but other online review and social media websites as well.

Dr. Brown Jr.'s experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Brown Jr. has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Brown Jr.'s Board Certifications

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Completed in 2001

Completed in 2004

Dana College

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Brown Jr. does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown Jr. and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• CRH Hemorrhoid Banding
  • Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colon Cancer Screening
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures