Dr. Kenichi Miyata, MD

Dr. Kenichi Miyata, MD

General Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Kenichi Miyata, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Merced, CA. He has been practicing for 11 years.

3393 G St Ste D

Merced, CA 95340

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Miyata

See how frequently Dr. Miyata performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lipomas
Abdominal Disorders
high
Cholecystitis and Gallstones
high

Dr. Miyata's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• General Surgery

Dr. Miyata does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Breast Lump
  • Burn Injuries
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Cholelithiasis
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

• Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Thoracentesis
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of California At San Diego
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Medical College Of Wisconsin
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • Virginia Mason Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Miyata has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Miyata has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Miyata does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Miyata and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Miyata's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Miyata to family and friends
Dr. Miyata's Performance
in Merced, CA |
He was very thorough with explaining his procedures. He was kind and respectful, while performing the surgery. I would recommend him to family and friends with no hesitation.
in Merced, CA |
My name is Mark Cervantes, I was referred to Dr. Miyata for an ongoing problem I was having for hemorrhoids. Dr. Miyata was very informative with all my questions. He informed me of how my procedure will be performed, and of the after care. Dr. Miyata is very friendly and takes the time to listen to your issues.I was scheduled within 3 days of my visit, and I am very satisfied and grateful for Dr. Miyata's help, and I would highly recommend Dr. Miyata. Thanks Doc!!!
Merced, CA |
I am a Public Health undergraduate student at UC Merced and had the opportunity to observe Dr. Miyata's surgeries. It was my first time observing a surgery, so I was a little nervous but excited at the same time. Dr. Miyata walked me through the steps of the procedure, explained the techniques used, and made sure I was comfortable throughout the whole time. It was a great experience observing his surgeries. Thank you Dr. Miyata!
in Merced, CA |
Thank you Dr. Miyata for a successful hernia surgery! not nearly as much pain as last time under the other dr!! even have half my norcos left lol ill recommend you to anyone looking for a surgeon! thanks again!!
in Merced, CA |
Dr. Miyata provided prompt scheduling and was able to skillfully conduct my surgery. Everything went as he anticipated and my recovery was quick. His office at the El Portal location is clean and peaceful. Wait times were surprisingly low, but he was careful to take plenty of time with me to answer all questions. He and his staff will treat you with kindness and a good sense of humor. 10/10 would recommend.
in Merced, CA |
Extremely skilled, knowledgeable, and confident surgeon. I had a quick recovery with no complications, and felt comfortable to ask questions about my symptoms and the surgery.
in Merced, CA |
Dr.Miyata is a top young smart surgeon who literally save my life! he is very professional and very compassionate ! he has been there for my daughter and I with no hesitation no matter if it day or night early or late we can call or text and he always there and not many doctors will do that alone give you there personal cell phone number ! Dr.Miyata and his staff treat you like family there caring and very understanding and will bend over backwards to get you in there office when needed !
Sonora, CA |
Dr. Miyata was a caring, precise, and professional doctor. My surgery was done at the minimal time and I was back and out of the hospital in a day. 10/10 would get hurt again.
in El portal, CA |
When my 5 month old puppy jumped on me and gave me a double hernia, I did some research and was unhappy to learn that it is always a painful and sometimes a longer recovery. Given a smart family doctor I was put on to Dr. Miyata. Bottom line, I had surgery on the 25th and I had taken my last pain pill on the 27th and was pain free after that. I really believe that is as good as it gets! Back to a normal life, thanks Dr. Miyata.
in Mariposa, CA |
Dr. Miyata is an amazing surgeon! I had a largish lipoma removed from my lower back and he is the second surgeon to attempt to remove this dang thing from me. Although I know the location (close to my spine) makes it difficult to remove, Dr. Miyata did so much better then the previous Dr. He even removed leftover sutures from the previous surgery :/ (thanks Kaiser!) I wouldn't hesitate to see him again it this tumor grows back. We need more Doctors like him in our area!!!
in Merced, CA |
Dr Mitaya performed my umbilical hernia repair surgery on 3/9/17. I am amazed at how well I feel thus far. Honestly I can't even tell I had the surgery done. He was professional, wait times were minimal, and the surgery was done at the University surgery center so it was in-and-out. His staff, Stephanie in particular, were friendly and efficient. Highly recommend ??
in Los Angeles, CA |
I'm very happy with the outcome of my surgery. He was very up front about what to expect.
Merced, CA |
Went in to Dr . Mitata to get a consultation regarding a issue.Waited over an hour to see him,and when seen was only seen for about 2 minutes, he seemed rude and very abruptly.thats just my personal opinion.
in Merced, CA |
I had an excellent surgical experience with Dr. Miyata, he was professional, courteous and skillful with my surgery. I only had to wait about 15 minutes during both of my appointments. Dr. Miyata’s office was clean and had plenty of space for those waiting. The surgical procedure that I had has a reputation to be extremely painful and Dr. Miyata did a great job of mentally preparing me for it. As a RN myself, I appreciated his honesty with everything to expect.
in Los Banos, CA |
Dr.Miyata made me feel very safe under his care,and I want to thank him so much for that.
in Mariposa |
When I met Dr. Miyata I was worried and fearful about my condition. He , and his staff, were confident, comforting and professional. Dr. Miyata was also able to guide me in the "next step" direction. He was forthcoming with alternative avenues which my condition might require even before he preformed surgery. I really appreciated that he was putting my health choices before his practice! His surgery outcomes were excellent...clean margins!
in Atwater, CA |
I happen to know Dr Miyata on a personal as well as a professional level. His top priority is his patient's health and well being. He has operated on many, many people and saved lives as well as improving quality of life. I have seen him interact with his patients many times. He also is a very kind person. I know during his time at Mercy he was a top surgeon and when he had to stand up for ethics and patient safety, he did not have support he needed.
in Merced, CA |
Excellent Dr. Knowledgeable, kind, explains everything to you. Best in Merced!!! A+++++!!!
in Merced, CA |
Excellent Dr. I could tell he is passionate about his work. I had horrible pain from gallbladder stones every night for 6 month after my surgery I am back to normal and pain free! Thank you Dr. Miyata
in Rancho Cucamonga, CA |
Dr.Miyata is passionate about what he does and he does it well. He did an excellent job repairing my hernia, the scar healed beautifully, and I couldn't be happier! In the end, I would absolutely go back to him. He strikes me as knowledgeable, detailed, confident, genuinely caring towards his patients, and genuinely interested in what's best for them, not in lining his own pockets. Just the kind of surgeon you WANT operating on you;) So glad to have him in Merced! I would highly recommend him!
in Twain Harte Ca |
Extremely professional and caring. I needed serious surgery and since I had the same surgery done once before in another state years back although not as serious at that time I was dreading the post op recovery as the pain is quite severe. The surgery he preformed was much more serious and harder yet I can out with zero complications and very little pain. He is a sharp young man and here in Sonora we are lucky to have him. I highly recommend him.
in Modesto California |
Mi experiencia con dr Miyata fue excelente no le doy más estrellas porque solo se pueden dar 5 pero merece más!!! Ojalá mas hispanos lean mi recomendacion para muchos hispanos es una excelente opcion para quienes carecen de seguro medico y terminan yendo graves a una sala de emergencias por carecer de uno. El personal médico habla español perfectamente. La operación de hernia en la ingle de mi marido fue exitosa sin complicaciones y pudo caminar el mismo día!! Sin dolor . Gracias Dr. Miyata
in Sonora, CA |
I needed an emergency operation for bowel obstruction and Sonora Regional called in Dr. Miyata and his team. As we were waiting for him to arrive we googled him to find out more about this doctor and were greatly relieved to find 5 stars next to his name. He outlined the procedure very quickly and professionally and also let me know precisely what could happen, good and bad depending upon the findings and what to expect. I can highly recommend him for his professionalism and pride of work.
Very professional he fix me ( Abdominal problem ) because he save my live
in Merced, CA |
Dr. Miyata is an extremely professional and caring doctor. His staff are as well. He installed a port for my chemo treatment, he explained the procedure clearly, and removed all my concerns over the implant. We met shortly after I was diagnosed with cancer and I felt he was genuinely concerned about me and the ordeal I was about to endure. It has now been two years I am cancer free and fully recovered. Dr. Miyata removed my port on April 4th and I received the same level of caring service.
in Tuolumne County, CA |
Very helpful - took extra time to explain my condition and the up and down side to options.
Dr. Miyata was very professional and explained my procedure very thoroughly both before and after the surgery. I would recommend him to my family and friends based on his professional attitude and quality product.
in Merced, CA |
I just had two surgeries done by Dr Miyata and I'm really satisfied with the results. Dr Miyata is a kind person, He took the time to thoroughly discuss my concerns about surgery and healing process. Dr Miyata, is like a brother and a friend. He responds immediately to my concerns through text message. I trust him completely, which was why I also had Dr Miyata remove my son's appendix. He took time to do special hospital visits.. I strongly recommend my family & anyone to Dr Miyata.
in Merced, CA |
He diagnosed my very rare and painful condition quickly when nobody else seemed able to. He was very respectful, kind, courteous, and compassionate. If the so-called doctors and medical professionals in this area were even half as competent as Dr. Miyata, then Merced wouldn't have the horrible reputation it does for healthcare.
in Merced, CA |
Dr. Miyata was recommended to us by one of my mother's friends. He did an excellent job of explaining the surgery my mother needed. He calmed her fears and answered all of her questions. He seemed very confident and that really helped my mom feel better about needing surgery. I am happy to report the surgery was a success and all of her pain is gone. I would recommend Dr. Miyata to anyone.
in Atwater, CA |
Dr. Miyata seen me the very same day I was referred and even though he had a full schedule on that same day he took time and did an in -office procedure on me. He was able to explain very well my condition. I had already been seen at Mercy ER and the provider was very careless and I was sent home with the incorrect medication...my condition had gone bad to worst. I'm so thankful that compassionate providers still exist. Just overall he is very professional and caring. Great experience!
in Merced, CA |
I was very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Miyata. He explained in detail the procedure I needed, what I could expect-pros and cons and answered all of my questions. I felt very comfortable having him as my surgeon and the procedure went as he explained. My recovery was quick and relatively painless. G. Lorenzo
Have you seen Dr. Kenichi Miyata, MD?
Are you Dr. Miyata?

See our General Surgery Specialists at Mercy Medical Center Merced

Visit Dr. Miyata

Evening
Saturday
Dr. Miyata accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Miyata has admitting privileges