Cardiovascular Surgery  |
Dr. Kendra Grubb, MD
Dr. Kendra Grubb, MD is a cardiovascular surgery doctor who practices in Louisville, KY. She is 40 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. Grubb is affiliated with Jewish Hospital and University of Louisville Hospital.

201 Abraham Flexner Way Ste 1200

Learn about Dr. Grubb

See how frequently Dr. Grubb performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Aortic Valve Surgery
Aortic Valve Disease
Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)

Dr. Grubb's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Grubb "In a unique group of the world's few female cardiac surgeons, Dr. Grubb is a champion for women's heart disease. She is dedicated to improving the lives of all patients - both male and female - through innovation and by building collaborative teams to promote a patient-centered approach to the treatment of cardiovascular disease."

• Cardiovascular Surgery

• Aortic Valve Regurgitation
  • Arrhythmias
  • Cardiovascular Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Dissecting Aneurysm
  • Empyema
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

• Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Pulmonary Valve Surgery
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thoracoscopic Wedge Resection
  • Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
  • Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• University Of Southern California
  • University Of Virginia
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Nyph Columbia U
    Other Education | Completed 2013

Dr. Grubb has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Grubb does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Grubb and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Grubb's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Grubb to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Grubb's Performance
in Louisville |
I have to say dr grubb goes above and beyond for her patients .I work at Jewish hospital and dr grubb is a very well respected doctor and I see dr grubb and her team everyday .My father was in the hospital in Ashland ky and if it wasn't for dr grubb and her team my father would of died .dr grubb admitted my dad and took care of him without ever laying eyes on him and knowing his health .Dr grubb is very intelligent and knows her stuff .amazing how many patients first words are I can breathe .
in Campbellsville, KY |
One can only describe Dr Kendra Grubbs as "striking" at first glance with blue eyes and symmetrical features. At second look, the word "competent" comes to mind and thirdly, "pleasantly caring" finishes the list. I can't imagine how mentally and physically exhausting performing 8 hours of heart surgery is, but that is the time Dr Grubbs spent performing three bypasses and replacing the mitrel valve in my heart. I am so thankful for her and the team at Jewish for everything. ??
in Louisville, KY |
Dr.Grubb is fabulous..Her staff also fabulous.. Had 2 Thoracic Aneurysms repaired by her and her team.. No complaints, not one..Highly qualified, and caring. My husband and I truly blessed by her expertise.. Would we recommend her to family, friends, and strangers..ABSOLUTELY.. God Bless her, the staff, and the entire orginuzation..
Kentucky |
All I can say is horrible,rude,I don't care attitude. A few months after bypass surgery was having trouble found out the bypass failed waited for her to come see me and was told by nurse she had nothing to say to me. How horrifying.
in New York, NY |
Distracted and rude to other staff. Self absorbed
I think you may have the wrong physician. Although I trained in New York, I have not practiced there in over three years. I am a Cardiovascular Surgeon specializing in minimally invasive and transcatheter cardiac surgery in Louisville, KY.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I would recommend Dr. Grubb to family friends. She saved my husband's life. He had an Dissection of the Aorta, which he could have died or had a stroke, he is a miracle THANKS to Dr. Grubbs and staff. GOD puts people in our lives for all reasons and seasons and Dr. Grubb was put in our lives for a blessing. My husband is recovering and we are blessed that Dr. Grubb and her staff were in our lives when needed.
in Philadelphia, PA |
My husband was diagnosis with Dissection Aorta and Dr. Grubb performed an Open Heart Surgery(emergency surgery) on him and saved his life. She explained in details what she was going to do and even after the surgery, she explained what had to happen next and even draw pictures. We are from Philly and we are grateful for her and her staff, for the kindness shown us. GOD puts people in your life for all reasons and seasons and we feel that Dr. Grubb and her staff(nurses) were placed in our life
in Louisville, KY |
Dr Grubb performed open-heart on me several weeks ago. Her and her staff saved my life and gave me longevity in my life. I am grateful to her as she is a talented surgeon and a straight shooter when explaining my procedures and rehab. I would refer any one you know or a loved one to Dr Grubb, she is an asset in the Medical community as she cares about the patient and the healing process and follow up.
in LOuisville, KY |
dr. grubby simply in the game of collecting money;occupying a bed, not treating a patient. Not interested in addressing and respecting the dementia patients.
I am a Cardiothoracic Surgeon specializing in minimally invasive and transcatheter cardiac surgery. I do not specialize in the treatment of dementia, although I care for many patients with the devastating disease. The unfortunate remarks, and derogatory use of my name, do not represent my practice.
Louisville, KY |
She operated on my mother and did an amazing job with her. obviously she knows what she is doing i will continue to recommend her to others.
Have you seen Dr. Kendra Grubb, MD?

Visit Dr. Grubb