Dermatologic Surgery  |
Dr. Ken Lee, MD
Dr. Ken K. Lee specializes in all aspects of dermatologic surgery with a special emphasis on Mohs Micrographic Surgery (a precise technique to remove skin cancers), reconstructive surgery, laser and cosmetic surgery. He joined Portland Dermatology Clinic in 2010 after serving 12 years on the faculty at Oregon Health and Science University. During his tenure, he was the Director of Dermatologic Surgery and Associate Professor in the Departments of Dermatology, Surgery, and Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery. Dr. Lee received his undergraduate degree from Johns Hopkins University and medical degree from Cornell University. He completed an internal medicine residency at Stanford University followed by dermatology residency and advanced dermatologic and Mohs Surgery fellowship at Oregon Health and Science University. Dr. Lee is widely recognized for his expertise on skin cancer, cosmetic, and dermatologic surgery, having presented over 100 lectures at national and international conferences. A renowned researcher, Dr. Lee was the principle investigator of a cancer research project awarded by the National Cancer Institute/National Institute of Health. Dr. Lee was also was a member of both research projects that led to the FDA approval of BOTOX® and Dysport®. Dr. Lee has held leadership positions in many organizations including serving on the Boards of Directors for the prestigious organizations American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, American College of Mohs Surgery, and the Association of Academic Dermatologic Surgeons. He is the principle author of the textbook Color Atlas of Cutaneous Excisions and Repairs and has written numerous research articles and book chapters. He frequently appears in regional and national media and has been featured as the laser expert in ELLE Magazine.

1414 NW Northrup St Ste 600

• Providence Health Plans
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Lee

Dr. Lee's Experience

Dr. Lee's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatologic Surgery

• Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Birthmark
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Skin Discoloration

• Restylane® Injections
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Surgery

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• Johns Hopkins University
  • Stanford University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Oregon Health & Science University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Lee has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lee to family and friends
Dr. Lee's Performance
in Kelso, WA |
I have had 3 rounds of Mohs surgery with Dr. Lee. Dr. Lee and his entire staff are so friendly and helpful. As I have spent time there I have had the opportunity to speak with Dr. Lee at length and also his team members. The level of skill and competence is amazing!! I would definitely return there.
in Hood River, OR |
Staff put me at ease and the procedure was explained to me by Dr Lee... first in general and then each step as we went along. My questions and comments were answered as we went along. I was given written directions for post operative care and a follow up appointment was provided for my convenience. Dr Lee's skill is evidenced by my results. I have no hesitation in recommending him.
in Trout Lake, WA |
Dr. Lee and the staff were efficient, pleasant, attentive, and experts at making a person feel comfortable. Even the soft music played in the background was just as it should be. Most telling for me is the way those in the waiting room shared with each other, talking comfortably and openly, like old friends (old friends who had just met!). High credit goes to all of the office, to Dr. Lee especially.
in Tigard, OR |
Dr. Lee's skill was know to my wife and I since he had treated her for melanoma in the past. When I developed Basal Cell on my ear and needed Mohs there was no question that Dr. Lee was our choice.
Portland, OR |
Horrible person! I walked out of the appointment. Rude, condescending. I can't believe this guy is in medicine.
Portland, OR |
I appreciate Dr. Lee's experience and approach. I get great results consistently and he listens!
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Lee's is obviously a very talented surgeon and he gave me complete confident in the operation that he performed. I have every confident that he totally removed all of the cancer. Marie
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Lee has done MOHS surgery on my face and his skills are impressive: such fine stitching that no scar is visible at all. He also provides some subtle Botox treatments for my brow area that help keep me from looking angry - important for my business interactions especially. I have some other carcinomas threatening that will need his attention at some point, and I feel less anxious about it under his care.
in Battle Ground, WA |
I was extremely impressed with the overall professionalism and efficiency of the surgical center. Dr. Lee and staff were very courteous and helpful. From the time I checked in to the type I left was under 3 hours. This included surgery, analysis, and post reconstructive surgery. Well done!
Hillsboro, OR |
Each Mohs surgery has been very successful with very little visible scarring.
in Vancouver, WA |
I would highly recommend this Doctor due his skill, experience, focus/direct approach, assessment of basal cell site even though large, but at the same time being caring, respectful & insuring his patient is doing alright during the procedure. I also appreciated his staff Justin and Ashley who demonstrated the same professionalism & care. Marjorie at the front desk was friendly and I appreciated her humor. Thank you for the excellent work on removing my basal cell on my forehead.
in Vancouver, WA |
Dr. Lee is a genius with his work. He recommended fillers. I was a bit nervous at first because too many people LOOK like they have had fillers! I wanted a natural but more refreshed look. I could not be happier with the result I received. No one knows I had fillers but they thought I just looked younger and more well rested. Thank you Dr. Lee and your wonderful professional staff.
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Ken Lee works at the highest skill level across the dermatology surgery profession. Dr. Lee has earned my highest trust and respect after three procedures. Dr. Lee's skill and technique have produced outstanding results for me personally-- results that have been noticed by other dermatology surgeons for his artful execution, particularly on challenging areas of the face.
in Portland, OR |
The staff is friendly and efficient. I have seen him multiple times and find him to be excellent. With my issues I will be back amy more times. Very skilled at his work.
in King City, OR |
Dr. Lee efficiently and expertly removed a large squamous cell carcinoma from the side of my nose. He is a very professional dermatologist. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Beaverton, OR |
I had an area identified with basal cell carcinoma that was removed from my forehead by Dr Ken Lee. The surgery was quick and without pain. The wound has healed very well and looks very likely I will not have a noticeable scar. My thanks to Dr Lee and his staff for doing an outstanding job. I?m hoping I will not need Dr Lee's services again, but if I do I will insist Dr Lee perform the surgery.
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Ken Lee is very knowledgeable, very kind and personable, and very caring. He performed Mohs micrographic surgery on my forehead and did an excellent job. I highly recommend him and his staff for this and any related type of work. Thank you Dr. Lee !
in Portland Oregon |
I was not at all pleased with Dr Lee or his staff. I have a terrible scar on my face as a result of the Moh's surgery I underwent in his office. And everyone I encountered was rude to me! I would not recommend Dr Lee to ANYONE!
Portland, OR |
did laser hair removal but it kept growing back, he misrepresented. he also charged more than the official rate.
in Lake Oswego |
The best doctor ever! Been under his care for the last 15 years.
Have you seen Dr. Ken Lee, MD?
Are you Dr. Lee?