Dr. Kelly Roy, MD

Dr. Kelly Roy, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
44 reviews

Dr. Kelly Roy, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. She is 48 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Roy is affiliated with Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center....See Less

Arizona Gynecology Consultants

1008 E McDowell Rd Ste A

Phoenix, AZ 85006

• AARP
  • Ameriben
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • AZ Benefit Options
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Care 1st Health Plan
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Roy

Dr. Roy's Experience

Dr. Roy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Endometriosis
  • Excessive Menstrual Bleeding
  • Female Infertility
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

• Birth Control
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vulvectomy
  • da Vinci® Assisted Laparoscopic Anti-Reflux Surgery
  • da Vinci® Myomectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University of Arizona
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center

Dr. Roy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Roy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Roy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Roy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Roy to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Roy's Performance
San tan valley, az |
My first appointment with Dr. Roy was amazing. I felt so comfortable in her office and the office staff were great. Dr. Roy was easy to talk to and very informative. I love they she can do everything right there in her office. I would highly recommend Dr. Roy. She is one of the best!!! I went to her Mesa location.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
i am a patient, of Dr, Roy's, and couldn't be happier! she's obviously very experienced, and so is her entire staff. I've seen a lot gynecologists , in my life, she is by far, the most knowledgeable , she keeps up with all the latest procedures and treatments ! she takes the time to listen to YOU, answers all your questions,! I truly feel, i am in the best hands! Honestly, I would recommend her to every woman I know! As well as any woman, looking for a GREAT Doctor, that you can truly trust!
Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Roy was very compassionate and made sure that she explained my procedure in "layman's" terms. She came in to see me after the procedure and made sure that she answered all of my questions. Everyone in her office was amazing. In particular, I would like to say how wonderful Kristina Calligan, NP has been to work with. She takes as much time as necessary to answer your questions to make sure that you are comfortable and understand.
in Mesa, AZ |
They don't give me enough characters to explain this horrible place. Just please look at all bad reviews because they're more accurate than the good ones.
Phoenix, AZ |
5-15 minutes on hold each time I called. I specifically requested a consultation ahead of time & was given a fast rundown of her opinion during the actual physical exam. Was asked to come back for a repeat blood draw due to poor communication among staff & was never called for the second results. Took time off work for an ultrasound & was rescheduled, again due to miscommunication from staff; did not bother as I do not trust them now. This office seems understaffed & disorganized.
in Mesa,Az |
I couldn't ask for a better doctor! She always listen and is so helpful. I had a hysterectomy with prolapse and she called my home to make sure I was doing well and if I had any questions!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I have been seeing Dr. Roy for years and she always takes her time with me and explain things and answer al my questions and concerns. She can run little bit late sometimes but I think it shows that she takes her time with each patient and care about them. So I don't mind waiting little bit to receive a great care from her. I recommend her to my friends and family because she is a great surgeon and always improving herself with new innovations and technology and research. Thank you Dr. Roy
in Phoenix, AZ |
I first learned out about this office through the Sonata Study trial.. Although, I did not qualify I fell in love with the office staff. They took the time to review medical records and give me other options. All my questions were answered. I am grateful for such dedicated women helping women.
in Show Low, Az |
She was able to see me right away and schedule my hysterectomy as soon as I was ready. My down time was less than a week even though she wanted me to wait a couple of weeks before going back to work. I personally like her breezy bedside manner. I don't require much handholding. My experience was excellent. I had gone to a different Dr. And she performed a biopsy that hurt so much I fainted on the table. When Dr. Roy performed the same test there was NO PAIN!
in Paradise Valley, AZ |
Dr. Roy saved my life! Her staff was understanding and kind. I did have to wait about thirty minutes after finishing my paperwork, just to be brought to a room. I was a little annoyed by that but the MA was nice and taking a good history, cared about my health. Once Dr. Roy came in the room and spoke to me, she took significant time going over my history and the staff schedule me for surgery right away. She is a specialized surgeon so she is busy but she will take care of you and care about u.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I had a surgery at Dr. Roy's surgery center and am so grateful for her staff's competence and dedication to their work. The energy in your surgery center is SO positive, it is a healing environment. I am so thankful they were able to help me.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Amazing surgeon with outstanding knowledge about endometriosis! I did have to wait about 25min to be seen, so worth it.. I had a surgery with her and am now on Lupron and I feel great! My energy levels have improved and I am so grateful that I have finally found a competent surgeon who cares about me and my health issues. In addition, I saw her Nurse Practitioner for post-op and she was quick, I didn't have to wait long, nice and explained the pathology in detail. I highly recommend this office.
in Tempe, AZ |
I dont understand the other reviews. Dr Roy took the time to answer my questions and explain my problem in words I could understand. She can run late at times but she is totally worth it!!! I had a hysterectomy and other doctors told me I would need to have a big incision but she was able to do my surgery with little incisions (about 1/4 inch) and I went home without even having to stay in the hospital. She called me to check on me and definatey showed she cared. Thanks Dr. Roy
in Phoenix, AZ |
Great surgeon. Not a great doctor - needs to work on that bedside manner. You have to show you care, not just say I care. She gave me some bad news in the worst possible way. It was harder to deal with her insensitivity than the actual bad news. And wow, are the staff incompetent. Every time I needed anything, they screwed it up (and worse than misspelling my name). Who has the time to wait for them to get things right on the fifth try? There are kinder doctors in Phoenix with better staff.
in Mesa, AZ |
I love the doctor, but the office staff will ruin your entire experience. They are rude and incompetent. Last time I was here, they sent my pap results to my neighbor, spelled my name wrong, some other info was wrong. Not sure why since I had to fill out 15 forms, but I decided to give them another chance. Same receptionist, same condescending attitude. Never again will I come back here. There are other clinics that don't have nasty staff that I have to get through in order to see a doctor.
in Phoenix, Arizona |
I would recommend only if that person understood I wasn't happy with her bedside manner and listening to me as the patient but another dr I highly respect recommended her as one of the best. So, I choose to ignore how I felt about her bedside manner and listening to me as the patient who knows my body the best.
Have you seen Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
Are you Dr. Roy?

Visit Dr. Roy

Dr. Roy accepts 38 insurance carriers
  • AARP
    Aetna PPO
  • Ameriben
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
    AHCCCS - AZ Health Care Cost Containment System
    American Indian Health Plan
  • AZ Benefit Options
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
    AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC) EPO
    Cigna Healthcare of Arizona
    Cigna POS
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • City of Mesa Health Plan
  • Comprehensive Medical and Dental Program (CMDP)
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
    Administrative Enterprises
  • PHCS
    PHCS PPO
  • Phoenix Health Plan
    Phoenix Health Plan (w/prior authorization)
  • Physicians Mutual
  • Principal Life
  • Self Pay
  • Southwest Service Administrators, Inc.
    TriCare for Life
  • United Concordia
    Advantage Plus
    PacifiCare HMO
  • Veteran Administration Plan
  • Zenith Administrators Inc

Hospitals where Dr. Roy has admitting privileges

More Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists like Dr. Roy at Arizona Gynecology Consultants

Dr. Amanda Hill, MD