Dr. Kelly Roy, MD

Dr. Kelly Roy, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Kelly Roy, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has been practicing for 22 years. She specializes in obstetrics & gynecology.

Arizona Gynecology Consultants

3410 N 4th Ave

Phoenix, AZ 85013

• AARP
  • Ameriben
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • AZ Benefit Options
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Banner Health
  • Bashas Benefit Trust
  • Benesight
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • Care 1st Health Plan
  • CHAMPVA

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Roy's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Roy's Top Procedures and Conditions

Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)

Dr. Roy treats Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea) more than 90% of her peers

Dr. Roy treats this condition more than 90% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Abnormal Menstruation

• Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • da Vinci® Assisted Laparoscopic Anti-Reflux Surgery
  • da Vinci® Myomectomy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Hysteroscopy Sterilization
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

4.0

Dr. Roy?
Dr. Roy's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kelly Roy, MD
Dr. Roy saved my life. I had a horrible infection after a different doctor performed a hysterectomy on me. She was able to identify the infection and gave me life saving care and medicine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
I am so glad I found Dr. Roy and Kris. Seriously life changing. Dr. Roy and Kris are very professional and took the time to answer all of my questions. I had my surgery scheduled at Dr. Roys surgery center. Great experience, wonderful nurses.. I am glad I have found my new forever gynecologist. The staff was very nice and helpful. Thank you everyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
I was a patient of Dr. Roy's several years ago and found her to be incredible. She was thorough and extremely knowledgeable. I phoned her office this morning and was informed she is exclusively doing surgical reviews. I was curtly offered the opportunity to see another doctor. The receptionist could not have been more unfriendly or uninterested in me as a prospective patient. I am disappointed as I think the world of Dr. Roy. But, my experience with the front desk will take me elsewhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
Dr. Roy may be perceived as cold and clinical by some, but those qualities don't bother me at all-- in fact I appreciate her seriousness and dedication. I've been coming here for about five years, and I'm always assured of the competence of the entire staff (front office included). NP Kristina Calligan is wonderful, too. Stellar women's care provider.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Roy's since April 2017 when my PCP recommended her because of my history of cervical dysplasia. It is obvious that she and her PA are extremely knowledgeable and experienced. I could not be more pleased with this practice and the office staff. Coming from another part of the country in the last year and finding a practice of this caliber is encouraging!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
My first appointment with Dr. Roy was amazing. I felt so comfortable in her office and the office staff were great. Dr. Roy was easy to talk to and very informative. I love they she can do everything right there in her office. I would highly recommend Dr. Roy. She is one of the best!!! I went to her Mesa location.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
i am a patient, of Dr, Roy's, and couldn't be happier! she's obviously very experienced, and so is her entire staff. I've seen a lot gynecologists , in my life, she is by far, the most knowledgeable , she keeps up with all the latest procedures and treatments ! she takes the time to listen to YOU, answers all your questions,! I truly feel, i am in the best hands! Honestly, I would recommend her to every woman I know! As well as any woman, looking for a GREAT Doctor, that you can truly trust!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
Dr. Roy was very compassionate and made sure that she explained my procedure in "layman's" terms. She came in to see me after the procedure and made sure that she answered all of my questions. Everyone in her office was amazing. In particular, I would like to say how wonderful Kristina Calligan, NP has been to work with. She takes as much time as necessary to answer your questions to make sure that you are comfortable and understand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
They don't give me enough characters to explain this horrible place. Just please look at all bad reviews because they're more accurate than the good ones.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
5-15 minutes on hold each time I called. I specifically requested a consultation ahead of time & was given a fast rundown of her opinion during the actual physical exam. Was asked to come back for a repeat blood draw due to poor communication among staff & was never called for the second results. Took time off work for an ultrasound & was rescheduled, again due to miscommunication from staff; did not bother as I do not trust them now. This office seems understaffed & disorganized.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
I couldn't ask for a better doctor! She always listen and is so helpful. I had a hysterectomy with prolapse and she called my home to make sure I was doing well and if I had any questions!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Roy for years and she always takes her time with me and explain things and answer al my questions and concerns. She can run little bit late sometimes but I think it shows that she takes her time with each patient and care about them. So I don't mind waiting little bit to receive a great care from her. I recommend her to my friends and family because she is a great surgeon and always improving herself with new innovations and technology and research. Thank you Dr. Roy
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
I first learned out about this office through the Sonata Study trial.. Although, I did not qualify I fell in love with the office staff. They took the time to review medical records and give me other options. All my questions were answered. I am grateful for such dedicated women helping women.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
She was able to see me right away and schedule my hysterectomy as soon as I was ready. My down time was less than a week even though she wanted me to wait a couple of weeks before going back to work. I personally like her breezy bedside manner. I don't require much handholding. My experience was excellent. I had gone to a different Dr. And she performed a biopsy that hurt so much I fainted on the table. When Dr. Roy performed the same test there was NO PAIN!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
Dr. Roy saved my life! Her staff was understanding and kind. I did have to wait about thirty minutes after finishing my paperwork, just to be brought to a room. I was a little annoyed by that but the MA was nice and taking a good history, cared about my health. Once Dr. Roy came in the room and spoke to me, she took significant time going over my history and the staff schedule me for surgery right away. She is a specialized surgeon so she is busy but she will take care of you and care about u.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
I had a surgery at Dr. Roy's surgery center and am so grateful for her staff's competence and dedication to their work. The energy in your surgery center is SO positive, it is a healing environment. I am so thankful they were able to help me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
Amazing surgeon with outstanding knowledge about endometriosis! I did have to wait about 25min to be seen, so worth it.. I had a surgery with her and am now on Lupron and I feel great! My energy levels have improved and I am so grateful that I have finally found a competent surgeon who cares about me and my health issues. In addition, I saw her Nurse Practitioner for post-op and she was quick, I didn't have to wait long, nice and explained the pathology in detail. I highly recommend this office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
I dont understand the other reviews. Dr Roy took the time to answer my questions and explain my problem in words I could understand. She can run late at times but she is totally worth it!!! I had a hysterectomy and other doctors told me I would need to have a big incision but she was able to do my surgery with little incisions (about 1/4 inch) and I went home without even having to stay in the hospital. She called me to check on me and definatey showed she cared. Thanks Dr. Roy
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
Great surgeon. Not a great doctor - needs to work on that bedside manner. You have to show you care, not just say I care. She gave me some bad news in the worst possible way. It was harder to deal with her insensitivity than the actual bad news. And wow, are the staff incompetent. Every time I needed anything, they screwed it up (and worse than misspelling my name). Who has the time to wait for them to get things right on the fifth try? There are kinder doctors in Phoenix with better staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kelly Roy, MD?
I love the doctor, but the office staff will ruin your entire experience. They are rude and incompetent. Last time I was here, they sent my pap results to my neighbor, spelled my name wrong, some other info was wrong. Not sure why since I had to fill out 15 forms, but I decided to give them another chance. Same receptionist, same condescending attitude. Never again will I come back here. There are other clinics that don't have nasty staff that I have to get through in order to see a doctor.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Roy?

Insurance accepted

AARP
Aetna PPO
Ameriben
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
AHCCCS - AZ Health Care Cost Containment System
American Indian Health Plan
AZ Benefit Options
AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC) EPO
Cigna Healthcare of Arizona
Cigna POS
Great West Healthcare-Cigna
City of Mesa Health Plan
Comprehensive Medical and Dental Program (CMDP)
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Administrative Enterprises
PHCS
PHCS PPO
Phoenix Health Plan
Phoenix Health Plan (w/prior authorization)
Physicians Mutual
Principal Life
Self Pay
Southwest Service Administrators, Inc.
Tricare
TriCare for Life
United Concordia
Advantage Plus
PacifiCare HMO
Veteran Administration Plan
Zenith Administrators Inc

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Roy treats patients.

Compare Providers