Dr. Kelly H. Roy, MD

Dr. Kelly H. Roy, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female | 48 years old

Arizona Gynecology Consultants

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Roy specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology and practices in Phoenix, AZ. She practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Roy? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Roy's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Roy's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Roy

Dr. Roy accepts 38 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Roy has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Roy's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Roy to family and friends
4.1
Experience with Dr. Roy
Dr. Roy's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (35)
Phoenix, AZ |
5-15 minutes on hold each time I called. I specifically requested a consultation ahead of time & was given a fast rundown of her opinion during the actual physical exam. Was asked to come back for a repeat blood draw due to poor communication among staff & was never called for the second results. Took time off work for an ultrasound & was rescheduled, again due to miscommunication from staff; did not bother as I do not trust them now. This office seems understaffed & disorganized.
in Mesa,Az |
I couldn't ask for a better doctor! She always listen and is so helpful. I had a hysterectomy with prolapse and she called my home to make sure I was doing well and if I had any questions!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I have been seeing Dr. Roy for years and she always takes her time with me and explain things and answer al my questions and concerns. She can run little bit late sometimes but I think it shows that she takes her time with each patient and care about them. So I don't mind waiting little bit to receive a great care from her. I recommend her to my friends and family because she is a great surgeon and always improving herself with new innovations and technology and research. Thank you Dr. Roy
in Phoenix, AZ |
I first learned out about this office through the Sonata Study trial.. Although, I did not qualify I fell in love with the office staff. They took the time to review medical records and give me other options. All my questions were answered. I am grateful for such dedicated women helping women.
in Show Low, Az |
She was able to see me right away and schedule my hysterectomy as soon as I was ready. My down time was less than a week even though she wanted me to wait a couple of weeks before going back to work. I personally like her breezy bedside manner. I don't require much handholding. My experience was excellent. I had gone to a different Dr. And she performed a biopsy that hurt so much I fainted on the table. When Dr. Roy performed the same test there was NO PAIN!
in Paradise Valley, AZ |
Dr. Roy saved my life! Her staff was understanding and kind. I did have to wait about thirty minutes after finishing my paperwork, just to be brought to a room. I was a little annoyed by that but the MA was nice and taking a good history, cared about my health. Once Dr. Roy came in the room and spoke to me, she took significant time going over my history and the staff schedule me for surgery right away. She is a specialized surgeon so she is busy but she will take care of you and care about u.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I had a surgery at Dr. Roy's surgery center and am so grateful for her staff's competence and dedication to their work. The energy in your surgery center is SO positive, it is a healing environment. I am so thankful they were able to help me.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Amazing surgeon with outstanding knowledge about endometriosis! I did have to wait about 25min to be seen, so worth it.. I had a surgery with her and am now on Lupron and I feel great! My energy levels have improved and I am so grateful that I have finally found a competent surgeon who cares about me and my health issues. In addition, I saw her Nurse Practitioner for post-op and she was quick, I didn't have to wait long, nice and explained the pathology in detail. I highly recommend this office.
in Tempe, AZ |
I dont understand the other reviews. Dr Roy took the time to answer my questions and explain my problem in words I could understand. She can run late at times but she is totally worth it!!! I had a hysterectomy and other doctors told me I would need to have a big incision but she was able to do my surgery with little incisions (about 1/4 inch) and I went home without even having to stay in the hospital. She called me to check on me and definatey showed she cared. Thanks Dr. Roy
in Phoenix, AZ |
Great surgeon. Not a great doctor - needs to work on that bedside manner. You have to show you care, not just say I care. She gave me some bad news in the worst possible way. It was harder to deal with her insensitivity than the actual bad news. And wow, are the staff incompetent. Every time I needed anything, they screwed it up (and worse than misspelling my name). Who has the time to wait for them to get things right on the fifth try? There are kinder doctors in Phoenix with better staff.
in Mesa, AZ |
I love the doctor, but the office staff will ruin your entire experience. They are rude and incompetent. Last time I was here, they sent my pap results to my neighbor, spelled my name wrong, some other info was wrong. Not sure why since I had to fill out 15 forms, but I decided to give them another chance. Same receptionist, same condescending attitude. Never again will I come back here. There are other clinics that don't have nasty staff that I have to get through in order to see a doctor.
in Phoenix, Arizona |
I would recommend only if that person understood I wasn't happy with her bedside manner and listening to me as the patient but another dr I highly respect recommended her as one of the best. So, I choose to ignore how I felt about her bedside manner and listening to me as the patient who knows my body the best.
Have you seen Dr. Kelly H. Roy, MD?
Are you Dr. Roy?

• Excessive Menstrual Bleeding
  • Female Infertility
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

• Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • da Vinci® Assisted Laparoscopic Anti-Reflux Surgery
  • da Vinci® Myomectomy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Supracervical Hysterectomy
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vulvectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

University of Arizona

Graduated in 1997

Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center

Dr. Roy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Roy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Roy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Roy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Roy

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Roy's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Roy

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients